Page 353 of 436 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Darker, yes. But not more mature; Tim has always been unusually mature. If anything, the stunts he pulled in the wake of his father's death (such as hiring an actor to play a long-lost relative instead of just telling Bruce he wanted to be on his own) were surprisingly immature for him by previous standards.
    Maybe he did some questionable things, but after everything he went through, he wasn't a kid anymore. Yes, he was mature for his age before all the bad things happened, but his way of thinking had changed after those experience. You can clearly see how much his tone and approach has changed, when you compare some of his books prior and after his father's death.
    He hired the actor because he didn't want to hurt Bruce's feelings. The guy just wanted to adopt him and Tim didn't know how he could refuse such a generous offer. But Bruce was actually proud of him. They are both twisted in so many ways.

Last edited by shadowsgirl; 01-17-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Yeah, there's a definite difference before and after; but after was not an improvement over before. At best, he eventually got back to where he had already been before. The whole thing damaged him, and not in a “what doesn't kill me makes me stronger” way.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed Yost and FabNic's portrayal of Tim as a flawed hero at the end of his run; that was a nice twist on Tim's progression. So while he was finally showing ambition matching his skill, he was also overstepping himself at times and having to improvise his way out of situations.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I liked Yost's run; but as soon as it hit “the List”, Fabian lost me. Tim caught backlash from the Tower of Babel arc in JLA, even though he wasn't complicit; he knew how damaging to trust it can be to have files on how to take down your allies, and why it's so damaging; and he had just won the day by trusting his friends. So having his own Babel-style list was grating and out of character. Plus, Fabian portrayed him with an arrogance that doesn't suit Tim.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

I can dig that. I know I personally liked it, but it's a subjective desire on my part. Yost had an epic opening story, I just preferred FabNic's more amalgamated serialized/episodic storytelling and liked Tim having a confidence that usually suited him but veered into arrogance at unfortunate times. He generally was still in the right place mentally, but was flexing his muscles a bit too much, in a dramatically interesting way.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I liked Yost's run; but as soon as it hit “the List”, Fabian lost me. Tim caught backlash from the Tower of Babel arc in JLA, even though he wasn't complicit; he knew how damaging to trust it can be to have files on how to take down your allies, and why it's so damaging; and he had just won the day by trusting his friends. So having his own Babel-style list was grating and out of character. Plus, Fabian portrayed him with an arrogance that doesn't suit Tim.

These people weren't actually Tim's friends or closest allies. Supergirl is the only one here who was Tim's friend, but Kara seemed like a supervillain in her series sometimes. They are all potentially dangerous people and most of them have superpowers. I can't blame Tim for his list. And Kon knew this was coming way before Tim realized it.
    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 01-17-2018 at 06:54 PM.

It's the cape. Chicks dig the cape.

Extraordinary Member

Scenes like that are why I love the idea of Tim being a totally clueless chickmagnet. Yeah, it definitely an escapist fantasy aspect of the character, but it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Scenes like that are why I love the idea of Tim being a totally clueless chickmagnet. Yeah, it definitely an escapist fantasy aspect of the character, but it's funny.
    True. It was always entertaining, when girls showed interest in him, but he didn't have a clue what was happening.

Extraordinary Member

It was especially funny in Young Justice, with 90's era Superboy trying his darnedest to be a horndog and perpetually hitting on girls.

The boys doing their ninja thing;

tumblr_p0hcz0buFv1sd2t3mo1_1280.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post

These people weren't actually Tim's friends or closest allies. Supergirl is the only one here who was Tim's friend, but Kara seemed like a supervillain in her series sometimes. They are all potentially dangerous people and most of them have superpowers. I can't blame Tim for his list. And Kon knew this was coming way before Tim realized it.
    Isn't it hypocritical to have everyone but his own friends and not get called on it. Batman was being pragmatic, Tim is being a dick. Besides I never understood what that list was supposed to signify. Bruce kept actual plans and weapons, Tim has a few names and pictures. Red Robin had some solid basic ideas but I never understood their execution or what they were trying to accomplish. This list, the almost rape, Vicki Vale, Tim getting WE, the search for Bruce, Ulysses becoming Anarky and so on. They just kept on dropping the ball.
    Last edited by Barbatos666; 01-28-2018 at 07:46 AM.