Page 359 of 436 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    So it seems like Tynion will be off the title in May. What do you think? What will happen to Tim? He lost his solo series 7 years ago. Is there a chance he can finally get a new one?
    Extremely doubtful. He'll in all likelihood be in another team book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I desperately hope that someone will launch of Gotham Knights book starring Tim, Steph, and Cass.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I desperately hope that someone will launch of Gotham Knights book starring Tim, Steph, and Cass.
    The Bensons did say they have a new project coming this Summer...god wouldn't that just be a Monkey's Paw?

Why? Tim is a proven seller. How is it possible that some worthless character can get a title, but not Tim? He was holding his own series for 18 years and he has a lot of fans. They cancelled his solo because of the reboot, nothing else.

Extraordinary Member

Why? Tim is a proven seller. How is it possible that some worthless character can get a title, but not Tim? He was holding his own series for 18 years and he has a lot of fans. They cancelled his solo because of the reboot, nothing else.
    I believe the general thought is that DC launches books based more off of marketing logic than proven track records, and that a Red Robin solo would be seen as redundant while Nightwing exists, and a Robin book starring Tim would "confuse those stupid new readers that have to be babied" as long as Damian has the position. I think it would probably work out and be accepted if you gave it a good creative team, but I'm not the marketing brains that looked at the New 52 and believed that it was automatically better than what came before because it seemed simpler, and those guys are still at DC.

I'd still kill for some known creator to get on a team book with Tim, Cass, and Steph. Just give me a FabNic, Bryan Q. Miller, Joe Kelly or anyone who we know could do that well. I haven't read the Bensons's work, but I presume it's not excelling if it's not lighting up the boards around here.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The Bensons did say they have a new project coming this Summer...god wouldn't that just be a Monkey's Paw?
    I mean, I like the Bensons more than most people (read: everyone), but yeah. I wouldn't be super thrilled about that.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I believe the general thought is that DC launches books based more off of marketing logic than proven track records, and that a Red Robin solo would be seen as redundant while Nightwing exists, and a Robin book starring Tim would "confuse those stupid new readers that have to be babied" as long as Damian has the position. I think it would probably work out and be accepted if you gave it a good creative team, but I'm not the marketing brains that looked at the New 52 and believed that it was automatically better than what came before because it seemed simpler, and those guys are still at DC.

I'd still kill for some known creator to get on a team book with Tim, Cass, and Steph. Just give me a FabNic, Bryan Q. Miller, Joe Kelly or anyone who we know could do that well. I haven't read the Bensons's work, but I presume it's not excelling if it's not lighting up the boards around here.
    BQM: TV. Money's definitely not good enough to bring him back.

Joe Kelly - dunno.

Bensons - they're basically writing the kind of stuff that is great for Super Hero Girls. Not for 20-30 year olds who remember Gail Simone's first run or Dixon's run.

FabNic - I know ALL Tim fans love him, but I think his Tim is exactly like the Bat-Tim Tynion is trying to edge Tim away from, and I loathe his Steph. His Cass is pretty good, though.

Chris Yost or Christos Gage, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yost will always be the GOAT post Dixon Tim writer for me.

Initial issues were a little rocky getting through some of the ANGGGSSTTT, but the arc where he wins against Ra's by getting kicked out of a skyscraper is one of my favorite Tim stories.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yost will always be the GOAT post Dixon Tim writer for me.

Initial issues were a little rocky getting through some of the ANGGGSSTTT, but the arc where he wins against Ra's by getting kicked out of a skyscraper is one of my favorite Tim stories.
    Completely agree. That was some good chessmaster stuff.

Less to do with Tim, and more to do with the scope of things happening at DC right now.

Less to do with Tim, and more to do with the scope of things happening at DC right now.
    I think the real problem is DC's editorial hangups and Tynion being the only one who loves him in the writing staff.

BANNED

I think they should follow up on that Outsiders thread from the Morrrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I think they should follow up on that Outsiders thread from the Morrrison run.
    Agreed, Tim actually makes sense leading the outsiders if its going to be a Bat team.

I could get behind that