Page 399 of 436 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6532
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Seems like Fabian Nicieza was watching too much anime and tried to fit into a more pleasing context that wouldn't get him and DC in trouble. Lynx was probably the only girl apart from Tam to show genuine interest in Tim and their interactions were interesting to put it lightly. To this day I am still unhappy that the Lynx plot was never truly resolved but given how Tynion spoke of big plans for Tim I would say there is room to reintroduce Lynx but it has to be done perfectly.
    I think this discussion has been pretty solid in exploring why I dislike the why FabNic handled the female attention Tim got. Yes, Tim has always had a fair number of girls who liked him, but he was always a bit awkward and earnest about it. FabNic made him much more of a ladies man, and that really annoyed me. Plus, there was a bit too much focus on it, making it feel a bit unbalanced.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think this discussion has been pretty solid in exploring why I dislike the why FabNic handled the female attention Tim got. Yes, Tim has always had a fair number of girls who liked him, but he was always a bit awkward and earnest about it. FabNic made him much more of a ladies man, and that really annoyed me. Plus, there was a bit too much focus on it, making it feel a bit unbalanced.
    Well for all the focus Nicieza gave Tim's love life in his Red Robin run they amounted to nothing Tam ended whatever good ties there were between them. He and Lynx got nowhere but based on the panels Shadowgirl showed well Christopher Yost was mildly guilty of it as well he was the one that set the stage for a romance between Tim and Tam. And Bryan Q. Miller played into that as well when he nearly had Tim and Stephanie kiss though them getting back together would have probably helped avoid the mess that came later. I don't think Nicieza coompletely avoided Tim's awkwardness since he did play into how Tim wanted to compartmentalise all aspects of his life and his uncertainty of even having a normal life at all. But what makes you think Nicieza turned Tim into a ladies man though?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Well for all the focus Nicieza gave Tim's love life in his Red Robin run they amounted to nothing Tam ended whatever good ties there were between them. He and Lynx got nowhere but based on the panels Shadowgirl showed well Christopher Yost was mildly guilty of it as well he was the one that set the stage for a romance between Tim and Tam. And Bryan Q. Miller played into that as well when he nearly had Tim and Stephanie kiss though them getting back together would have probably helped avoid the mess that came later. I don't think Nicieza coompletely avoided Tim's awkwardness since he did play into how Tim wanted to compartmentalise all aspects of his life and his uncertainty of even having a normal life at all. But what makes you think Nicieza turned Tim into a ladies man though?
    I think Yost setting us Tam as a potential long-term love interest is fine. You usually do that with an ongoing series. And BQM using Steph and Tim's lifelong attraction and history is justified because you have to acknowledge it if you're going to have the characters interact (and I'm really irked at the way FabNic handled it - having Tim ogle Steph training as Batgirl and say "I get the hormonal tension now" as if he hadn't dated and loved Steph for years). The way FabNic handled Lynx and the whole Promise situation felt a lot more like teen guy fantasies than, say, what Dixon did with Tim and Arianna or Tim and Steph. Tim seemed a lot more smooth than I think he should have been. You could argue (and I'm sure FabNic did) that Tim had matured by that point - but I don't think it was an interesting development.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think Yost setting us Tam as a potential long-term love interest is fine. You usually do that with an ongoing series. And BQM using Steph and Tim's lifelong attraction and history is justified because you have to acknowledge it if you're going to have the characters interact (and I'm really irked at the way FabNic handled it - having Tim ogle Steph training as Batgirl and say "I get the hormonal tension now" as if he hadn't dated and loved Steph for years). The way FabNic handled Lynx and the whole Promise situation felt a lot more like teen guy fantasies than, say, what Dixon did with Tim and Arianna or Tim and Steph. Tim seemed a lot more smooth than I think he should have been. You could argue (and I'm sure FabNic did) that Tim had matured by that point - but I don't think it was an interesting development.
    A shame though currently there is no way for Tam and Tim to interact and she looks way older than her Post-Crisis counterpart. I see what what you mean regarding Tim and Stephnie's attraction though I'm not quite sure what Stephanie was getting at when she said that Tim was not good for her at that moment. I agree having Tim ogle Stephanie seemed like a throwaway of no importance if only to make Tim's situation between the fact he liked both Lynx and Tam more awkward. If Nicieza handled Lynx more effectively I think we wouldn't have been in this mess. He should have followed up on the plot and maybe end it with Lynx and Tim sharing one final kiss and goodbye forever I guess. Tim sure didn't act all that smooth or mature when Tam was teasing him over their so-called engagement. That was probably more true to Tim's more awkward behaviour towards girls. Before Red Robin Nicieza handled Tim didn't he?

A shame though currently there is no way for Tam and Tim to interact and she looks way older than her Post-Crisis counterpart. I see what what you mean regarding Tim and Stephnie's attraction though I'm not quite sure what Stephanie was getting at when she said that Tim was not good for her at that moment. I agree having Tim ogle Stephanie seemed like a throwaway of no importance if only to make Tim's situation between the fact he liked both Lynx and Tam more awkward. If Nicieza handled Lynx more effectively I think we wouldn't have been in this mess. He should have followed up on the plot and maybe end it with Lynx and Tim sharing one final kiss and goodbye forever I guess. Tim sure didn't act all that smooth or mature when Tam was teasing him over their so-called engagement. That was probably more true to Tim's more awkward behaviour towards girls. Before Red Robin Nicieza handled Tim didn't he?
    Since I'm a die-hard TimSteph shipper, I don't mind Tam not being a love interest for Tim. I'm mostly really glad Tynion fixed that horrible storyline in Batwing where she was in a coma. And is being awesome with Luke.

I think Steph was still really adjusting to being Batgirl, being a solo hero with serious support from the community and Batman's family, instead of being an outsider and a sidekick. She didn't want to fall back into being a sidekick or "just a love interest", and I think both of them needed to grow a bit before they could be in a healthy relationship. But I was glad of the almost-kiss, because it acknowledged that history and (I think) honored it without being bound by it.

Did Tam tease Tim about his engagement in Yost's run or FabNic's? I thought that was all Yost.

FabNic wrote Robin 175-183, the last arc. It had some good moments and nice art, but I think it's terribly incoherent when you try to read it as a larger narrative. Plus, despite fans loving Tim taking down Shiva, I still hold that up as a shining example of how even when you're not writing hacker-fu Tim, you still need to be a good plotter.

Since I'm a die-hard TimSteph shipper, I don't mind Tam not being a love interest for Tim. I'm mostly really glad Tynion fixed that horrible storyline in Batwing where she was in a coma. And is being awesome with Luke.

I think Steph was still really adjusting to being Batgirl, being a solo hero with serious support from the community and Batman's family, instead of being an outsider and a sidekick. She didn't want to fall back into being a sidekick or "just a love interest", and I think both of them needed to grow a bit before they could be in a healthy relationship. But I was glad of the almost-kiss, because it acknowledged that history and (I think) honored it without being bound by it.

Did Tam tease Tim about his engagement in Yost's run or FabNic's? I thought that was all Yost.

FabNic wrote Robin 175-183, the last arc. It had some good moments and nice art, but I think it's terribly incoherent when you try to read it as a larger narrative. Plus, despite fans loving Tim taking down Shiva, I still hold that up as a shining example of how even when you're not writing hacker-fu Tim, you still need to be a good plotter.
    What's really weird about Tam though is that she's now basically Pepper Pots while Luke is Iron Man sort of. But yeah I'm at least glad Tam is free from her coma. You do raise a good point and to top it all off Bryan Q. Miller still had to deal with the attraction Stephanie and Nick Gage had not that setting Barbara and Nick up multiple times did anything really to prevent that. I believe Tam teasing Tim over their 'engagement' happened in Nicieza's run on issue sixteen I believe. IF anything Tam seemed more adjusted to the idea of even marrying him than Tim was. Ah the infamous poisoning Shiva to make her easier for Tim to take her down moment at least hacker-fu can be done on the spot whereas what Tim did to defeat Shiva needed better setting up. I'd take hacker-fu over that honestly.

So, latest detective.

Young Justice: Lost let's get it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post

Nobody should trust in their future self, they just crash in your couch and tell you how much their lifes suck because you made the wrong decisions and fallen some drug spyral , screw those guys hard .

(And yes i'm making a reference to that South Park episode ).

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    So, latest detective.

Young Justice: Lost let's get it.
    The most likely outcome, but i wonder in what book would be adressed.

BANNED

I think this discussion has been pretty solid in exploring why I dislike the why FabNic handled the female attention Tim got.
    To be fair, it didnt get nearly enough attention. Tim Wayne, owner of Wayne Enterprises, handsome, smart, young, athletic and full of confidence, also a man setting out to save gotham and then the world from gangs, known in china as the superboy CEO. He was probably quite literally the single most eligible bachelor in the entire DC universe.

BANNED

Recently started playing DC legends on my mobile, and i started playing during the Red Robin PvP event (lucky me) so i got to unlock it. Slowly building the character up. He is an amazing support character with mediocre damage, that purges buffs and gets a stupid amount of free attacks when developed.
    Dont like the Red Robin suit, but the legendary Red Robin suit look great. Gonna be a while before i get there tho.

The game isnt amazing, but theres a joy to playing with your favorite characters. Trying to get Wonder Woman on my team, and investing in Hal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Recently started playing DC legends on my mobile, and i started playing during the Red Robin PvP event (lucky me) so i got to unlock it. Slowly building the character up. He is an amazing support character with mediocre damage, that purges buffs and gets a stupid amount of free attacks when developed.
    Dont like the Red Robin suit, but the legendary Red Robin suit look great. Gonna be a while before i get there tho.

The game isnt amazing, but theres a joy to playing with your favorite characters. Trying to get Wonder Woman on my team, and investing in Hal as well.
    I haven't tried this yet, perhaps I will at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

I actually like the costume. I think Tim works well in red and black .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually like the costume. I think Tim works well in red and black .
    DC should give this costume to Tim in the comics his current one is simply a standard Robin suit with two Rs on it. It's really boring and uncreative and feels symbolic at least to me that Tim is stuck as a teen forever.