Page 419 of 436 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 6532
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    How so? Priest actually added something to his character. It was the best use of him in ages.
    Agreed. I thought Tim was very human and sympathetic, as well as very intelligent - all the more impressive since he was "dead" during the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Tim is portrayed as a huge jerk victimizing Damian. Tim is not a huge jerk.
    He's not, at all! He's depicted as angry at Damian, and given the timeline of the issue, that's totally accurate as to his feelings. But he's also portrayed as 1) being Bruce's much mourned son, 2) very loyal to Batman, 3) a detective with strong enough instincts not to send the video to Damian when he made it - Damian only got it because of Tim's death.

There is a hard edge to Tim here - but that's Priest's writing style. Everyone has a very hard edge, even the purest and kindest of characters, like Tanya Spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    The meme of Tim being jealous of damian needs to die, its pure revisionism. He never gave a crap other than Damian being a liability and trying to murder him repeatedly.
    Tim wasn't primarily depicted as jealous of Damian here. He was hurt and angry (which is, again, accurate to what we see in Morrison's run), but also thoughtful, with a secret nerdy side (the name under which he hid the evidence).

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Thank you sir!
    I think he was also in the third issue, and Damian mentions him in the fourth (#33).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcohen View Post
    Ok I was wondering, can the New 52 Red Robin fly? Because he has the wings and everything for it? Right? Or can he just glide really well like the rest of the bat family? Becaue in some images it is hard to tell if he is flying or gliding....
    He could fly. Its actually a nod to his pre-flashpoint characterization, where he wanted to find a way to fly.

Tim wasn't primarily depicted as jealous of Damian here. He was hurt and angry (which is, again, accurate to what we see in Morrison's run), but also thoughtful, with a secret nerdy side (the name under which he hid the evidence).
    Yup, i personally love that he hide the evidence under the name of one his favorite detectives, that's Tim for me and at the very least the story stated that Tim got over the whole thing quickly.

Thougth i call bullshit the part when Damian said that he wasn't trying to kill him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thougth i call bullshit the part when Damian said that he wasn't trying to kill him.
    Yeah, its pretty obvious he was. But he has a tendency to make excuses.
    Whats funny is that after all the training and improvements he has, after having the element of surprise, he still got beaten. And to top that humilliation he got offered a hand in friendship. Like, how much better did he even think Tim was?

Some day someone should really adress their relationship, not this "now they are friends and respect eachother" bs that we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Yeah, its pretty obvious he was. But he has a tendency to make excuses.
    Whats funny is that after all the training and improvements he has, after having the element of surprise, he still got beaten. And to top that humilliation he got offered a hand in friendship. Like, how much better did he even think Tim was?

Some day someone should really adress their relationship, not this "now they are friends and respect eachother" bs that we get.

I think that is another reason that I never liked Damian. He's just vastly over-rated. He was what 10 when he showed up... with everyone acting like he should be awesome since he was trained all that time...

So what? Training didn't start till he was at least out of diapers and walking... so figure 7-8 years max... and we've seen hundreds of times that 7-8 years of League of Assassin Training STILL get their butts handed to them by the Gotham Crew. Add in the smaller frame and younger body... and he's still not all he's bragged up to be. Say it was 20 years straight with Lazarus pits keeping him strong and trained by Shiva and the likes... and maybe there's something to that... However League of Assassins = Cannon Fodder for way too long for to me to take his 'super skillz' seriously.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Attachment 69963

The Robins
    Love this - the shapes and colors are great!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm not that into talking about feats, but Morrison make a point in showing that he was using brass knuckles in the figth, it give you a clue about how his pride and ego were the most dangerous thing about him, luckily he changed for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    The Bat Goth team

Attachment 69259
    So dark and tortured

BANNED

Yep, i can take Cassandra seriously because her own origin made sense in the world. she sacrificed everything and was conditioned to fight above what any mortal could accomplish. She is a testament to what hard work, talent and unlimited potential could achieve. But we also see the drawbacks of going there, of trying to achieve that. She is autistic, incapable of having a normal life, eternally tortured by her own past. Her life is constant struggle and only her strong moral compass has saved her from a life as a lapdog.

Its why i say Damian is a caricature sometimes, he is basically the poster child for eugenics. Everything gets handwaved as being thanks to his "strong genetics". Despite his troubled past he can still hold normal relationships. Everywhere he shows up he is treated as the "betterest mostest qualifiedest hero" and he can get away with anything, including harming fellow heroes or outright murder just because of his "son of batman" status.
    I like the character, but his attitude is sometimes grating.

And i opened a pandora box again, first the Wolverine vs Laura debate and now this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think that is another reason that I never liked Damian. He's just vastly over-rated. He was what 10 when he showed up... with everyone acting like he should be awesome since he was trained all that time...

So what? Training didn't start till he was at least out of diapers and walking... so figure 7-8 years max... and we've seen hundreds of times that 7-8 years of League of Assassin Training STILL get their butts handed to them by the Gotham Crew. Add in the smaller frame and younger body... and he's still not all he's bragged up to be. Say it was 20 years straight with Lazarus pits keeping him strong and trained by Shiva and the likes... and maybe there's something to that... However League of Assassins = Cannon Fodder for way too long for to me to take his 'super skillz' seriously.
    I'm struggling to remember, just who exactly was acting that he's awesome?
    Batman and Robin 0 addressed the training.

I'm struggling to remember, just who exactly was acting that he's awesome?
    Batman and Robin 0 addressed the training.
    The fans mostly

The fans mostly
    Not just fans. WB/DC, Writers, Bruce and Dick Grayson etc.

BANNED

The fans mostly
    Fans were gained over time as were Damian's various partnerships. Your post insinuated that everyone was on board with him because of his background when he first arrived and thats simply false. Still I dont know why a Tim appreciation has to become a Damian unappreciation thread.

BANNED

Fans were gained over time as were Damian's various partnerships. Your post insinuated that everyone was on board with him because of his background when he first arrived and thats simply false. Still I dont know why a Tim appreciation has to become a Damian unappreciation thread.
    Deathstroke. You cant really discuss Tim in Deathstroke without discussing Damian.