Page 51 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If we're going just based on what's been shown on-panel (based on everything I've seen), I think the order on the whole would go:

Bruce=Dick>Jason=Azrael>Kate=Cass=Damian>Tim=Babs> Selina>Steph>Duke=Harper.
    I wouldn't complain about that, but mine would be:

Bruce > Dick > Cass > Jason = Tim = Damian > Kate = Babs = Steph = Harper = Selina = Azrael > Duke
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Of course, if we were to go by pre-flashpoint rankings, Cass would be > than all of them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I wouldn't complain about that, but mine would be:

Bruce > Dick > Cass > Jason = Tim = Damian > Kate = Babs = Steph = Harper = Selina = Azrael > Duke

Yeah, Azrael was a weird one to place. I gave him high marks for his swords even though he's not been in a lot. I'm not as familiar with Tim and Damian's feats so we can quibble about that, but whatever.
    Kate equal to Steph, Harper, and Selina, though? Get outta town!

Of course, if we were to go by pre-flashpoint rankings, Cass would be > than all of them.
    Agreed. More like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    He is actually a very good martial artist, hes just not even close to being the best. Also something thats sort of been established is that Tim hits very hard, like, abnormally hard.

Bruce = Cass (shes probably stronger than bruce but unno, hasnt been stablished yet) = Kate? (i dont know, people tell me shes formidable, havent read her stuff but her trainingg seems below mook league assassin standard) > Dick > Tim > Jean Paul > Barbara > Jason (dont really buy this, but its his words, not mine) > Demian > Selina > Duke = Harper = Steph.
    I wouldn't place Kate that high, but otherwise this looks right. Problem is that pet characters like Harper and Duke (Damian to an extent) are sometimes written with unjustified levels of skill that end up making the other characters look incompetent by comparison. Harper has had so little crime fighting experience compared to any of the Robins, but Bruce was still willing to say she was better than any of them. Duke seems to be going in a similar direction.

Adding new characters to the Bat Family is enough of a problem, but having them make the older characters look bad by comparison makes it even worse. To fix the issues with the current Bat-Fam, I think they should kill off Harper Row, turn Duke into a villain and do a traitor storyline with him, give Batwoman another solo, and give Tim a solo and/or new Young Justice series and possibly change his name. I'm not sure what to do with Cass or Steph outside of their role in 'Tec, but they've earned their place in the Bat-books more than Harper and Duke, so they should still have some sort of exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Problem is that pet characters like Harper and Duke (Damian to an extent) are sometimes written with unjustified levels of skill that end up making the other characters look incompetent by comparison. Harper has had so little crime fighting experience compared to any of the Robins, but Bruce was still willing to say she was better than any of them. Duke seems to be going in a similar direction.
    Tell me about it. One of the respect threads I'm working on is for Harper (because why not?) and having to sort out which of her feats are PIS or SvFL is not fun. I mean, it's never fun, but here even less so.

And I agree, Kate's good, but she's not equal to or even second to Bruce in terms of fighting skill.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-19-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I wouldn't place Kate that high, but otherwise this looks right. Problem is that pet characters like Harper and Duke (Damian to an extent) are sometimes written with unjustified levels of skill that end up making the other characters look incompetent by comparison. Harper has had so little crime fighting experience compared to any of the Robins, but Bruce was still willing to say she was better than any of them. Duke seems to be going in a similar direction.

Adding new characters to the Bat Family is enough of a problem, but having them make the older characters look bad by comparison makes it even worse. To fix the issues with the current Bat-Fam, I think they should kill off Harper Row, turn Duke into a villain and do a traitor storyline with him, give Batwoman another solo, and give Tim a solo and/or new Young Justice series and possibly change his name. I'm not sure what to do with Cass or Steph outside of their role in 'Tec, but they've earned their place in the Bat-books more than Harper and Duke, so they should still have some sort of exposure.
    Honestly, this is why I hated Cass from the moment she appeared. Some brand new nothing character walks in off the street and is instantly introduced as being better than all the sidekicks... and even Bruce himself??

UGggghh...

Let a new character earn their ranks please...

Tell me about it. One of the respect threads I'm working on is for Harper (because why not/) and having to sort out which of her feats are PIS or SvFL is not fun. I mean, it's never fun, but here even less so.
    SvFL?

Not familiar with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly, this is why I hated Cass from the moment she appeared. Some brand new nothing character walks in off the street and is instantly introduced as being better than all the sidekicks... and even Bruce himself??

UGggghh...

Appeared, or reappeared?

Yeah, Azrael was a weird one to place. I gave him high marks for his swords even though he's not been in a lot. I'm not as familiar with Tim and Damian's feats so we can quibble about that, but whatever.
    Kate equal to Steph, Harper, and Selina, though? Get outta town!
    Whoops, didn't mean to put Harper there. Meant to put her equal to Duke. But yeah, I would say Kate, Steph and Selina are equal. Can I ask why you don't think so?

Agreed. More like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Appeared, or reappeared?
    Originally appeared. Pre-flashpoint. Back when she was mute butt-kicking superassassin that may or may not have actually killed.... her whole thing was 'She's better then everyone else'.

Ugggh...

UGggghh...

Brand new?

Originally appeared. Pre-flashpoint. Back when she was mute butt-kicking superassassin that may or may not have actually killed.... her whole thing was 'She's better then everyone else'.

Ugggh...
    And she proved it by beating Shiva, who's THE best in the DCU. Not to mention all of her other feats.

Brand new?
    Is this to imply she was around pre-No man's land? I had never seen her before that, and the new mouthless Batgirl suit showed up then... so that's pretty much where I first saw her come in and take over.

Tell me about it. One of the respect threads I'm working on is for Harper (because why not/) and having to sort out which of her feats are PIS or SvFL is not fun. I mean, it's never fun, but here even less so.

And I agree, Kate's good, but she's not equal to or even second to Bruce in terms of fighting skill.
    Agreed. The only reason Bruce even asked her to train the group was because of her background in the military and he thought this would help her to train them as a unit.

Is this to imply she was around pre-No man's land? I had never seen her before that, and the new mouthless Batgirl suit showed up then... so that's pretty much where I first saw her come in and take over.
    Cass has been around for 17 years