Page 8 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    At least the Joker is certifiably insane. Ra's is just a douche.
    You're exactly right. Ra's is a total douche and I'm pretty tired of him. He talks big, but that's about it. I love that issue after Bruce "died" where Ra's called up Dick bitching that he was the one who was supposed to kill Batman, and Dick went over, casually kicked his wrinkled old butt, and let him know in no uncertain terms not to bother him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You're exactly right. Ra's is a total douche and I'm pretty tired of him. He talks big, but that's about it. I love that issue after Bruce "died" where Ra's called up Dick bitching that he was the one who was supposed to kill Batman, and Dick went over, casually kicked his wrinkled old butt, and let him know in no uncertain terms not to bother him.
    What issue was that?? I dont remember that at all
    Just throwing in my 2 cents, because thats what the internets for!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMac27 View Post
    Maybe in an issue of Nightwing? I'll have to look it up.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, I feel like in the last days Pre-52 Ra's had become more of a Tim Drake Villain than Bruce Villain. Which I thought was kinda cool. For me personally, I feel like one of the worst losses of the new 52 was the potential growth in Tim's character. I know a lot of people don't like the latter issues of Red Robin, but I really liked the parallels between Tim and Bruce. It disappointed me that Tim seems destined to never become Batman, but there was that sense of becoming his own person at the end of the Red Robin series. Then the new 52 destroyed his character...so... yeah.

I wasn't that keen on Tim as mini-Bruce (and especially not on all the suffering they inflicted on Tim), but that character evolution was far superior to the mess we have now.

Fantastic Member

I think that the whole Mini-bruce thing would have played over a lot better if the writers had been allowed to continue the storyline. The whole way Tim beat Ra's began to highlight those differences there. I think that would have played out a whole lot more if they would have been allowed to continue. I mean...think of the psychology of it. I felt like the Red Robin series was Tim really exploring and coming into his own man if you will. When a young guy starts making his way in the world, the presence or lack of a father can have crazy results. While it's not always the case, I do believe that many times being like/unlike our "dads" is our own way of exploring who we are.

/deepthought

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Tim isn't a Mini-Bruce and he was always a great detective with Bruce acknowledging his talent and that Tim could surpass him one day.

Red Robin seemed to be working towards that direction with Tim really shining on his own and doing thing his own way and not the way Bruce would have done them. Besides, it gave us multiple issues with Cass in it!

BANNED

So our rating for World's Best Detective would be (?):
    #1 Best Detective: Batman
    #2 Red Robin
    #3 Riddler
    #4 Oracle
    #5: Blue Bell
    #6: Jim Gordon
    #7: Harvey Bullock
    #8: Jason Bard
    #9: Harley Quinn
    #10: Nightwing
    Something like that, with Red Robin someday moving up to #1?

Dick would have to be high up there considering he'll be a spy. You kind of need detective work.

Secret Origins #3 Preview

Did anyone get this...anything interesting or just a rehash of #0?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMac27 View Post
    Nightwing # 152

3778845-3853141882-Night.jpg
    tumblr_mszdbkuuGj1rtsw1bo2_500.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Secret Origins #3 Preview

Did anyone get this...anything interesting or just a rehash of #0?

Jason would say, "You wanna make me proud, Timmy Wimmy, go to the 'fridge and get me a beer." Oh, and now it's "I'm not gonna be you, Jason--I'm not gonna be perfect." THIS coming from Claremazon Tim Drake? It would actually be Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, AND Bruce etc etc etc kneeling before a portrait of Tim, weeping "We're not worthy!"
    Last edited by oasis1313; 06-25-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Tim's story in Secret Origins #3 was actually kind of good.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Tim needs to get a Mohawk or some other kind of haircut to make him look different from the other clones. I would suggest he shave his head, but that was Damian in 666 (unless he just went bald). I actually liked the cowled Red Robin costume because he looked less like a clone in it.

Jason would say, "You wanna make me proud, Timmy Wimmy, go to the 'fridge and get me a beer." Oh, and now it's "I'm not gonna be you, Jason--I'm not gonna be perfect." THIS coming from Claremazon Tim Drake? It would actually be Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, AND Bruce etc etc etc kneeling before a portrait of Tim, weeping "We're not worthy!"
    This vision made me laugh. Funny because it's true

Tim needs to get a Mohawk or some other kind of haircut to make him look different from the other clones. I would suggest he shave his head, but that was Damian in 666 (unless he just went bald). I actually liked the cowled Red Robin costume because he looked less like a clone in it.
    He'd look seriously bad arse with a 90's schoolboy side wave, Zack Morris style.