Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Sorry but WW is not up ther ewith Superman, Batman and Spiderman, She's up but nowhere on the same level with the three.
    If only this were true. Diana is and forever will be the most iconic female character who can go toe to toe with the big leagues.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

There's no Wonder Woman in Marvel.

Wonder Woman's has her own achievements.

In movies, Storm, Catwoman, Black Widow, Jean Grey, Roggue and Invisble Woman are quite doing well.

In comics, Harley Quinn's ongoing is selling very, very well. Ms Marvel too.

In video games, Storm is the only consistent female character from Marvel. But I have to say Chun Li and Morrigan are very much popular on this field.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-30-2014 at 10:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    If only this were true. Diana is and forever will be the most iconic female character who can go toe to toe with the big leagues.
    WW is up there but nowhere near Superman , Batman and Spider-man's level. In comics, they've been better sellers, the y have movies, they have their own cartoon series, etc. WW had a few but the success of the three I've mention is pretty much high. WW hasn't been as successful as them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    WW is up there but nowhere near Superman , Batman and Spider-man's level. In comics, they've been better sellers, the y have movies, they have their own cartoon series, etc. WW had a few but the success of the three I've mention is pretty much high. WW hasn't been as successful as them.
    We've been through this on Comic Vine. I am not going to continue.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    We've been through this on Comic Vine. I am not going to continue.
    You don't need research to see it. You do know how many movies, cartoon series, comics, video games, etc Batman , Superman and Spider-man has right? So why are you putting WW on the same level with them?

BANNED

For as long as I've been reading Marvel (all of my life) they've never had a "Wonder Woman". If you want WW adventures, read her comic.

For all this clamoring for diversity, there sure are a lot calls for homogeneity.

I'm more curious how they will do the Carol Film. I mean, what story of hers is movie material?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Sorry to point this out but WW is nothing. Her name represents an ideal of the woman who can do anything as does supergirl. But as a hero she is known for next to nothing. Does anybody know her rogues gallery? Nope. How many times has she been rebooted and given the best creative teams only to flounder back to the doldrums? Too many to count. How many movies does she have? Uh-huh. And this last point is major in my opinion. DC characters don't have movies not because their company lacks the money to make them. They lack movies because WB knows they are not liked by the GA and won't be embraced like Marvel has and always will. They're boring and unrelateable. Why did the new 52 "Marvelize" all of their looks. Why have they always tried to steal marvels look by stealing the artists that Marvel made legends. Batman didn't make Jim lee. The X-men did. Point being: just because WW is more known doesn't make her beloved or popular. I challenge anyone who sees a woman wearing a WW shirt to ask them about her storyline, history, enemies, and a badass moment in her history. 10 to 1 no one will know. "Oh she's an icon" they'll say. Problem is....WHY is she an icon other than for being the most publicized female superhero. That's it. Publicity. There's no other reason for GA to regard her as anything. Everyone said batman and superman could never be replaced. I'd take a look at the masses because by the same standards that most people here regard "the trinity" as iconic (ie shirts, superficial knowledge of their stories, popularity and saliency) Marvel now has them beat. And they're just getting started........
    So you are saying that WB trulys thinks that Constantine and Jonah Hex are safer bets than Wonder Woman. Lets keep it real, WB has pretty been completely incompetent when it comes to comic movies. Nolan seems to be a case of a broken clock being right twice a day.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I'd argue that Wonder Woman's CHARACTER isn't really even big. Why? About 90% of the population has no idea her origin, personality, or history. To most people, she is a name, an iconic character, the pilot of an invisible jet, and Linda Carter...which quite frankly is a disgrace.

I really, REALLY hope Warner Brothers can actually do her justice, and portray her as a strong hero who could go toe to toe with anyone.

People need to stop asking the "is Carol Wonder Woman" question, and start asking HOW she fits in? Her movie comes out INBETWEEN Avengers 3 and 4. What the heck is that movie (and the Inhumans) going to be about? It seems like Earth is going to be boned after Avengers 3. My guess is the Guardians come to Earth in GotG2, she gets her powers but they are dormant, they awaken in Avengers 3, and she helps protect Earth in Captain Marvel?
    Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 10-30-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    So you are saying that WB trulys thinks that Constantine and Jonah Hex are safer bets than Wonder Woman. Lets keep it real, WB has pretty been completely incompetent when it comes to comic movies. Nolan seems to be a case of a broken clock being right twice a day.
    Yes
    http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-wo...ovie-avengers/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I'd argue that Wonder Woman's CHARACTER isn't really even big. Why? About 90% of the population has no idea her origin, personality, or history. To most people, she is a name, an iconic character, the pilot of an invisible jet, and Linda Carter...which quite frankly is a disgrace.
    Disgrace it may be but if you went to 100 random non comic book readers on the street and asked them to name the first comic book characters they can think of the only debate is her ranking in the top 7. Batman and Superman will be #1 and #2 in some order. #3-10 are debatable and would be in some order Spiderman, Robin (he will automatically come to mind to 99% of those who say Batman), Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Hulk, and Wonder Woman. Maybe because of the movies Iron Man and Captain America slip in there.

As I said earlier WW is so iconic that her code name has actually become a descriptor in the English language (just like Superman). "Look at how she raises all those kids and holds a job, she's a real Wonder Woman." Other than Superman and Hulk I can't think of any other heroes whose codenames have transcended like this. In some cases its because it just makes no sense (He's a real Batman - no one would quite know what you meant where as if you said he's a real Hulk it would be big angry man).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ActualNoobler View Post
    I'm not so sure at the time that had so much to do with Wonder Woman as it did with the fact they didn't believe in Joss Whedon. For all the geek and critical love he had at the time the simple fact is that he'd never had a hand in a hit TV show or a hit movie . . .remember for all the love Buffy and Angel got both were on secondary networks and both got horrific ratings relative to shows on major networks. The highest Buffy ever got in the ratings in any season was the #120 ranked television show of the given season during season IV and only once did it even make it as high as #2 on its own network. His one major network show, Firefly, was a complete flop (I can hear the Browncoats drumming up the World Series and out of order excuses now but regardless of the merit of said excuses Firefly flopped and flopped hard).

His movie work was less than stellar - he wrote Alien Resurrection which most consider bad and Serenity was a complete flop (yes he did write Toy Story but I don't think anyone really credits him for the reasons that movie succeeded and most probably don't even realize it). Before anyone defends Serenity, which happens to be my favorite movie of all time, it did in fact flop barely making back its budget which means it actually lost a lot of money once you take out theater cut and marketing. Its easy to look back after Avengers and say it would have worked but at the time he just didn't have the credibility in the studio's eyes to do such a project.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 10-30-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    catwoman and blackcat are having the same storylines...they took it too seriously.

hard to compete with WW, she is almost a 75 years old character. Carol captain marvel is pretty recent.
    Tell me about it. I have no idea why Marvel allowed Slott to turn the Black Cat into another Catwoman of which she never was to begin with. I do not understand Marvel's obsession with DC's Catwoman that they feel that Felicia Hardy is like Selena Kyle. Everything that Slott's done with the Black Cat mirrors to Catwoman, from the milk in the bathtub at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel to her only socializing with the rich and famous while having a secret identity(which is still a mystery as to how she manage to keep that a secret once again when her ID was public as well as the fact that she was a registered super heroine). Everyone felt that Black Cat post-OMD has been a Catwoman ripoff. But what Slott's done is reinforce it, which makes her a puppet character.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-30-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm more curious how they will do the Carol Film. I mean, what story of hers is movie material?
    I'm also curious about this. Does she have any iconic storyline that people suggest when some reader wants to get into her? I don't think so, usually fans just refer newest ongoing.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I always considered Sue Storm to be the First Lady of the Marvel verse. However Marvel doesn't not have a female hero who can equal WW in terms of iconic status.

Runners up would be Storm, Captain Marvel (Carol), and Jean Grey (if they would quit frakking killing her).