Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ANYA!!!

...but I mustn't read. It's gonna hurt me.
    Read it. Your favorites are in there and you don't know they will die. Let go of fear and enjoy them. IF the worst happens then rage

Story looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Looks and reads like an event of olden days (which is a good thing). I would guess Anya really does not survive if she is listed as Jess' s protege yet Silk is the one in Spider-Woman's solo...
    This preview kills on art too, shame Coipel is not on it past a few pages in 11. GC is good but he is no Olivier (IMO).
    Great, not only do news articles forget Anya exists, now she's being replaced by Moon Moon. ARG!
    Guys relax. Interviews basically had said that Silk was with Jessica so Jessica could keep her safe since she's the rookie of the bunch. Would you guys rather Anya be viewed as needing to be babysat? Besides we already know she's not exactly fodder considering she's there for the end of the event as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Read it. Your favorites are in there and you don't know they will die. Let go of fear and enjoy them. IF the worst happens then rage

Story looks great
    I'd rather not waste my money on a story that will make me angry.

BANNED

The art is amazing, still not going to put the money down to buy this.

I'd rather not waste my money on a story that will make me angry.
    How do you know it will make you angry your favorite showed up on the third page and we have no idea who will die. But there is nothing wrong with trade waiting, then you know for sure. Just try not to make yourself crazy worrying in the meantime

is there an in-universe explanation for why 616 is do special? and is that number itself significant? what's universe 1 like?

It was a random number assigned to the Marvel we read. They didn't make it special like DC did with earth one and then new earth

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    is there an in-universe explanation for why 616 is do special? and is that number itself significant? what's universe 1 like?
    The reason is called 616 is because Alan Moore just thought of a random number that wouldn't make the universe feel so special, contrary to DC where the main universe is Earth-1. Of course, because 616 is THE universe then all the multiversal events will take place in it. Presumably other universes also have dimensional shattering events, but of course we never see them. This is the closest you'll get to see Earth-1.

I've just realized that if Anya survives she'll end up being a supporting character in Spider-Woman... which means I'll have to stand Land's "art" if I want to support my fav character... FTS.

I gotta admit this does look intriguing. Looks like I'll be picking up ASM#9. Hopefully with no more teamups and side-stories, we may actually get something fuller now than these past two issues.

Who else is confirmed to appear in this one that isn't in the previews shown here?
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 10-31-2014 at 12:40 AM.

thanks for the 616 info guys, makes sense. also makes sense for spiderverse to have pockets of totems gathering everywhere in different universes but it'd be a bit convoluted to show. 616 for ease

BANNED

The art is a definite selling point for me. "Future-Me...British-Me" should also be the lyrics to some psychadelic song.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think that's Miles and Ultimate MJ at U!Peter's grave .The frustrating thing about a character with their own title but not doing a tie-in.
    So you reckon Spider-Verse takes place before USM's current storyline where Peter may or may not be alive? If so, how convieniant...and a wasted storyline oppertunity given the nature of Peter's comeback. The Inheritors ought to have their eye on that prize.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Cool preview

I don't like how clueless Peter is, it's not like he hasn't had adventures in alt realities before.
    He should have a short initial shock then realize what's happening.
    But I'm just nitpicking.

Also I don't like that Silk essentially tells Spidey you should let me run things.
    It's true that she moves faster and has a better Spidey sense, but she lacks the experience of years of crimefighting Spidey has.
    Watching videos of Spidey fight his enemies hardly qualifies for experience. Crimefighting is more then just go and beat the bad guy.
    She might be a bit eager just to do everything since she's been locked up for so long so it may not be that bad as my initial impression led me to believe.

To find the crook you have to often investigate. Granted Spidey is not the best detective, but I always considered him to have a basic investigating ability because of his talent in science he can track bad guys quite well.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Did Peter just call Mayday "future me"? He already acknowledged Miguel, and there's no one else there from the future...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Did Peter just call Mayday "future me"? He already acknowledged Miguel, and there's no one else there from the future...
    "I'm a girl"[/Matt Smith]

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    616 is the only universe where a spider has been able to kill an Inheritor. the Prime marvel universe is Earth-000.