Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Some bring me up to speed here.... when did pp became inept and clueless nitwit? The preview reads weird, it's as if he's never heard of alternate realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Some bring me up to speed here.... when did pp became inept and clueless nitwit? The preview reads weird, it's as if he's never heard of alternate realities.
    in the marvel universe there's a million possibilities (clones, robots, actors even).

i read his confusion more as "why are you all here? why now? at the same time?" rather than peter being completely lost as to any explanation.

and this is comic books. now that dialogue boxes are a thing of the past, dialogue needs to cover exposition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    Cool preview

I don't like how clueless Peter is, it's not like he hasn't had adventures in alt realities before.
    He should have a short initial shock then realize what's happening.
    But I'm just nitpicking.
    I actually had an issue with this. Everyone else seems to have a better head on their shoulders than Peter in those few pages, which makes me worry that he won't be the one to take charge until the end, which is rather disappointing in a Spider-man event.

Also, it really is a shame that Coipel can't draw all the issues of this event especially considering the long lead-in time, although I would not be surprised if extra pages and just life's little speed bumps got in the way. If it were up to me, I would have brought in Dustin Weaver to wrap it up as good as Camuncoli is.

Ultimate Member

It's been a problem with this volume from the beginning. Peter comes across as the least competent person in his own book.

BANNED

Dan Slott's Peter Parker is an idiot, who occasionally bumbles his way into doing something smart. Usually after some supporting cast member tells him to stop acting like an idiot.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Between this preview and Edge of Spider-Verse 5, I predict Spider-Ham as the next breakout star of this event.

06767.jpg

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Dan Slott's Peter Parker is an idiot, who occasionally bumbles his way into doing something smart. Usually after some supporting cast member tells him to stop acting like an idiot.
    I really hopes he evolves Slott did 1 thing right he always tried new things with the character shame he doesn't let his character evolve and keep the experience from the stories he writes kind of ruins the value of it.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    in the marvel universe there's a million possibilities (clones, robots, actors even).

i read his confusion more as "why are you all here? why now? at the same time?" rather than peter being completely lost as to any explanation.

and this is comic books. now that dialogue boxes are a thing of the past, dialogue needs to cover exposition.
    There`s one thing people are forgetting here. Any book is potentially a new book for a new reader. You need to play the main character as a bit clueless to bring those who never read about alternative realities before up to speed.

It`s not a big deal. It is, if for the rest of the series Peter is written like that, but never in an introduction.

Great to see Miguel and Mayday already. Now I only need kaine and Ben to meet up with the rest of the main folks after #team up before going into their mission.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-31-2014 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    thanks for the 616 info guys, makes sense. also makes sense for spiderverse to have pockets of totems gathering everywhere in different universes but it'd be a bit convoluted to show. 616 for ease
    There's also a rumor about 616 being picked because there's some controversy about it being the true Mark of the Beast, rather thsn 666.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    There's also a rumor about 616 being picked because there's some controversy about it being the true Mark of the Beast, rather thsn 666.
    bet that's not popular around these parts

BANNED

Not especially. I mean, 666 just flows better. And you'd have to retcon the Damien movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Mayday will survive over Anya because she is the original Spider-Girl and Peter's daughter to boot.

Anya is just a Spider-Girl wannbe she will never be able to replace the original.
    Don't be so sure about Mayday's safety. We could lose both so Silk can get her push.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    How do you know it will make you angry your favorite showed up on the third page and we have no idea who will die. But there is nothing wrong with trade waiting, then you know for sure. Just try not to make yourself crazy worrying in the meantime
    Children's Crusade. Cassie Lang. I learned my lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The reason is called 616 is because Alan Moore just thought of a random number that wouldn't make the universe feel so special, contrary to DC where the main universe is Earth-1. Of course, because 616 is THE universe then all the multiversal events will take place in it. Presumably other universes also have dimensional shattering events, but of course we never see them. This is the closest you'll get to see Earth-1.

I've just realized that if Anya survives she'll end up being a supporting character in Spider-Woman... which means I'll have to stand Land's "art" if I want to support my fav character... FTS.
    IT was almost called 666 you know.

Dan Slott loves writing his characters as idiots. Look at Superior Spider-MAn's Avengers. They were flat out morons!

Also, recall how Bendis made 616 Pete meeting Miles act like it's the first time he's been to an Alt Dimension.
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 10-31-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Between this preview and Edge of Spider-Verse 5, I predict Spider-Ham as the next breakout star of this event.

06767.jpg
    Coming 2015, Spider-Ham/Rocket Racoon story. Won't be surprised.

BANNED

Just something about anthropomorphic characters with bad attitudes.

I blame Donald.

BANNED

i am SO excited for 616 peter meeting his daughter