Spectacular Member

Default Just say no to Ebola-themed Halloween Costumes

I heard it on the radio that a lot of people are planning to dress-up in Ebola-themed Halloween Costumes. We all love sick Halloween costumes but maybe we should draw the line here. It's not because it's too soon, although it certainly is too soon, the disease is claiming thousands of lives in West Africa, you wouldn't want to make fun of them, you would not want to mock their suffering. It's not because you wouldn't have dressed up as a dead Sandyhook school child after the Sandyhook massacre, although you certainly wouldn't have. It's not because you wouldn't have dressed up as a wounded soldier during one of the Iraqi wars, although you wouldn't have.

It's because it's bad Karma, man! Ebola isn't over yet, it looks like we can stop it when it comes over here, but no one can be sure. It's foolish to think it can't happen here. Dress to mock Ebola and you are just asking for it.

Don't wear Ebola-themed costumes. It's not a matter of bad taste it's because of my superstitious irrational fears.

BANNED

Sorry, fly. Looks like "Sexy Ebola Nurse" is the Halloween costume hit of the year. If that really has the power to anger or provoke the virus, we are fucked.

Also, here's a picture of people dressing up as Sandy Hook victims. Because bad taste knows no boundaries.

http://gawker.com/a-childs-treasury-...wee-1652874318

Tempting fate or not, they're a great way for costume companies to get rid of leftover Breaking Bad costumes from last year.

Good thing i'm going as Meningitis again.

BANNED

By that standard you cannot dress up as an African warlord, CIA agent, KGB agent.... son and so forth.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Tempting fate or not, they're a great way for costume companies to get rid of leftover Breaking Bad costumes from last year.
    A friend of mine dressed up like avoiding Ebola (not to mock the suffering but to mock the media hysteria) I totally never realized the look was like Breaking Bad but you're right! LOL

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I think the only two types of costumes I'd say no to are Nazi and the Klan.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I think the only two types of costumes I'd say no to are Nazi and the Klan.
    "But I don't wanna be a scary ghost!"
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.