Default Will there be comic shops in 2020?

I have watched 4 shops die in 8 years and the latest was a 1:20 drive so I am really thinking my collection might be mostly digital and get a few via mail

What does the future home for shops and physical comics in general

Astonishing Member

I think there will be Comic Shops in 2020,2030,2040...
    And so on.
    Digital comics will be a strong alternative to comics printed in paper,but i dont see comic book shops disapearing at all.
    Same way as Books stores and books still selling quite well,the same thing applies to comic shops.

It's a genre of interest. As long as they sell more than books, and know how to market and pick up merch sales on toys, statues, T-shirts and the like, they'll be some around. Hell, there are still some record stores and books stores out there, too.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

2020, sure. 2030, I think maybe they'll be around in big cities as shops for a specialty product and antiques, but finding a comic shop in small towns is going to be less and less common.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-01-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    I have watched 4 shops die in 8 years and the latest was a 1:20 drive so I am really thinking my collection might be mostly digital and get a few via mail

What does the future home for shops and physical comics in general
    There was a similar culling in our region about 5-10 years ago, leaving us with just two. Since then, both have remained open (although one has moved twice) and a third has opened up and the third has lasted at least a few years. It's also had a move, but its move was to a bigger location.

I think that they'll still be around for quite a while, but the ones that stick around are likely to be diversified, like how the big box bookstores are selling games and other toys now.