Page 151 of 379 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5682

England's TeamRock has gone into administration overnight. This means that TeamRockRadio as well as the music magazines Classic Rock, Prog and Metal Hammer have all been immediately dissolved. Details

A damn shame to see this happen. The jobs lost are bad enough, but as a music fan I mourn the loss of the Classic Rock magazine as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Pearl Jam, Yes, Journey, Tupac Shakur and Joan Baez are the 2017 inductees into the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Pearl Jam, Yes, Journey, Tupac Shakur and Joan Baez are the 2017 inductees into the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame.
    I am very excited about a possible Yes reunion for the ceremony.

Now that Yes is in, let's hope the Moody Blues are next. Jan Wenner's dislike for Prog Rock is obvious.

And I still don't get Rap being included. Nothing to take away from artists like Tupac and NWA, but it's not Rock & Roll.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    England's TeamRock has gone into administration overnight. This means that TeamRockRadio as well as the music magazines Classic Rock, Prog and Metal Hammer have all been immediately dissolved. Details

A damn shame to see this happen. The jobs lost are bad enough, but as a music fan I mourn the loss of the Classic Rock magazine as well.
    Fucking. Hell. Now that just is a kick in the bollocks. Classic Rock was one of Britain's best selling music magazines too (not to mention easily the best). Collected it for years. What a loss. As a company, Team Rock isn't even that old. And Metal Hammer bites the dust also. It's been around since the 1980's and never sold it's soul to Grunge/Alternative Rock/Nu-Metal or whatever crap the kids are currently into like Kerrang! did. Excuse the language again but that's just **** news.

Last edited by WillieMorgan; 12-20-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: More sad faces. Sniff.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post

Now that Yes is in, let's hope the Moody Blues are next. Jan Wenner's dislike for Prog Rock is obvious.

And I still don't get Rap being included. Nothing to take away from artists like Tupac and NWA, but it's not Rock & Roll.
    In a recent interview Rick Wakeman mentioned that, if Yes were inducted, he'd probably be washing his hair that night! There's a chance that quite a few of the long term members won't be particularly interested. The R&R Hall Of Fame isn't considered very important on this side of the pond. Too much politics. I'm glad they're in as I love the band but it's not important to me. I bet Jon Anderson will be all over it though.

Why don't they establish some kind of Rap & Hip-Hop Hall Of Fame? I agree in that I wouldn't ever describe rap or any of it's sub-genres as 'rock 'n roll'. I'm sure there'd be a high level of interest in such a thing. Just not from me.

That bloody news about Team Rock....

You are right to suspect the R&R HoF. A lot of the choices are bullshit. It's nice for Yes to be recognized, but I don't have a problem with them flipping the Wenner the finger.

Journey guitarist Neal Schon talks about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Steve Perry in this Rolling Stone interview.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post

There is a lot of truth in your words.

IMO, the term "Rock & Roll" has transcended it original intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

Heavy Tiger will release their 2nd album, entitled Glitter, will be out March 24th via Wild Kingdom Records.

Who are these girls? Are they any good at what they do?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

Who are these girls? Are they any good at what they do?
    To be honest, I've never heard of them before. You can learn more via their website.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame controversy about who and who does not get in has reared its head once again. And this time, the complaining party kind of has a point. Article Link

The closure of the company behind the Classic Rock, Prog and Metal Hammer magazines has spurred bands and fans into action on behalf of the staffers. Details

I don't understand the Rock Hall's insistence that they be the ones who decide which band members are enshrined. However, in Dave Abbruzzese's case, it seems like the guys in Pearl Jam don't really care that he's being left out.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I don't understand the Rock Hall's insistence that they be the ones who decide which band members are enshrined. However, in Dave Abbruzzese's case, it seems like the guys in Pearl Jam don't really care that he's being left out.
    I got that impression too. But when he's the guy behind the kit for Vs. and Vitalogy, the guy should be in.

Here's an interview with Yes drummer Alan White.

Trivium lineup news.

Singer Patrik Johansson has left Civil War. Details

Malice guitarist Mick Zane has passed away.

The new Mutiny Within album will be called Origins. It is due out February 10th, 2017. You can check out their new song "Archetype of Destruction" HERE.