Page 101 of 377 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5644

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    My review of the Walter Trout CD Battle Scars can be seen via this Pop-topia.com link.
    He's really worth going to see live. Plays the blues rock like Gary Moore (RIP) used to do. Just tears **** up.

However, his studio albums just don't capture his ferocity when he plays live. Most of the album is standard 4/4 beat with solos that just stay in 2nd gear. They don't soar, don't inspire nor impress me. Typical lackluster studio Trout affair. Skip the record & go see him live & unleashed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    He's really worth going to see live. Plays the blues rock like Gary Moore (RIP) used to do. Just tears **** up.

However, his studio albums just don't capture his ferocity when he plays live. Most of the album is standard 4/4 beat with solos that just stay in 2nd gear. They don't soar, don't inspire nor impress me. Typical lackluster studio Trout affair. Skip the record & go see him live & unleashed.
    Thanks for the feedback GOLGO 13.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Voivod will have a new EP called Post Society released on February 26th via Century Media Records.

01. Post Society
    02. Forever Mountain
    03. Fall
    04. We Are Connected
    05. Silver Machine

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Blaze Bayley will release a new solo album called Infinite Entanglement. It is tentatively due out in March 2016. Some early details
    Here's the artwork:

Asking Alexandria will release their new album in March via Sumerian Records. It is entitled The Black.

Lacuna Coil and their singer Cristina Scabbia have had their Facebook pages hacked. The band has their page back but Scabbia is still locked out of her page. Blaze Bayley's Facebook appears to have also been hacked.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Lacuna Coil and their singer Cristina Scabbia have had their Facebook pages hacked. The band has their page back but Scabbia is still locked out of her page. Blaze Bayley's Facebook appears to have also been hacked.
    Man...why can't the hackers find better things to do with all that free time.

RIP Lemmy, The face of motorhead

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Such a legend. RIP.

I hope I don't sound selfish saying this, but it's also sad because my dad had bought me two tickets to see Motorhead on my birthday (27th Jan) was gonna be the first thing we did after not really talking for 16 months.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Saw someone say this on another forum, was hoping it was a bad joke. Damn this one hurts.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Didn't see this coming at all; I don't think that it had been revealed that he was seriously ill.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Didn't see this coming at all; I don't think that it had been revealed that he was seriously ill.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Other than his previously reported health issues, there was nothing in the news that said he was so sick. But according to the post on the band's Facebook page, he learned of the cancer on December 26th.

RIP LEMMY.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

RIP Lemmy. Man, that one's sad. I can't say I'm super shocked with all of his health issues in the news the last few years and his notoriously hard lifestyle, but it seems to have hit the breaking point very quickly. I'll be listening to some Ace of Spades today at work in his memory.

Other than his previously reported health issues, there was nothing in the news that said he was so sick. But according to the post on the band's Facebook page, he learned of the cancer on December 26th.

RIP LEMMY.
    It was probably pancreatic cancer. by the time its found out, its usually in the last days of the patient

It was probably pancreatic cancer. by the time its found out, its usually in the last days of the patient
    According to a report with Motorhead's manager, they found tumors in his head and neck.