Page 103 of 379 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5683
    Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He's not a terrible singer. The fan reaction is those wanting a Skid Row reunion to be part of Guns N Roses though. I think the band members are missing out on the big $$$ shot here.
    Not really. It makes sense to hold on to a proper reunion to when it can be a main attraction and not when they are served up as seconds.
    And for the same reason they shouldn't hire a "better" singer than Bach, at this stage of their career, either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Not really. It makes sense to hold on to a proper reunion to when it can be a main attraction and not when they are served up as seconds.
    And for the same reason they shouldn't hire a "better" singer than Bach, at this stage of their career, either.
    I hate to say this....but Skid Row even if they reunite after Guns N Roses ...will never be a big deal. In fact they are 2nds in a sense. The band has had 3 lead singers since Bach and people wouldn't know they still are making music. I like the last 2 singers they had. But this is basically the best $$$ they ever will get as an opening act on a mega stadium tour. It won't come again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Thanks for taking the time to read the list Attila's Kiss. I'll be sure to check out your list.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I hate to say this....but Skid Row even if they reunite after Guns N Roses ...will never be a big deal. In fact they are 2nds in a sense. The band has had 3 lead singers since Bach and people wouldn't know they still are making music. I like the last 2 singers they had. But this is basically the best $$$ they ever will get as an opening act on a mega stadium tour. It won't come again.
    You are right, they won't be as big news as GNR, but whatever they are getting paid now won't change, regardless of who sings for them. Reunion at a later date will still be something to cash on. (Speaking from the business point of view.)

You are right, they won't be as big news as GNR, but whatever they are getting paid now won't change, regardless of who sings for them. Reunion at a later date will still be something to cash on. (Speaking from the business point of view.)
    They will reunite and do lesser shows , for lesser attention like a Poison. That is sadly where it will go for them.

They could grab a shit ton of attention off a mega stadium tour to actually fuel them for a tour after this where they would headline.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Oh mate, they'll never get a better chance to play in front of genuinely huge crowds ever again. And this is a band that made comparatively little money out of a mega-selling debut album.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Oh mate, they'll never get a better chance to play in front of genuinely huge crowds ever again. And this is a band that made comparatively little money out of a mega-selling debut album.
    It's not like they won't play infront of that crowd. I'm just saying keep an ace in your sleeve for rainy days. The crowd will come to see GNR not Skid Row, anyway. I think they are going with a right move.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It's not like they won't play infront of that crowd. I'm just saying keep an ace in your sleeve for rainy days. The crowd will come to see GNR not Skid Row, anyway. I think they are going with a right move.
    Well, we'll see in the fullness of time. Thing is though, Skid Row's prior career decisions don't exactly fill me with confidence in that regard. Bach quit the band after the other band members refused to support Kiss in the mid 90's claiming that they were too big to be a support act at that time. Actually their career was on the wane. Their 3rd album 'Subhuman Race' had been derailed by the dreaded Grunge explosion and they were on the same path to obscurity that was laid out in front of many other 80's acts at the time. And their current status as a band is certainly several rungs below their former vocalist (Bach). Neither act will be pulling up trees but I bet you that Bach's sold more records in the past decade.

Well, we'll see in the fullness of time. Thing is though, Skid Row's prior career decisions don't exactly fill me with confidence in that regard. Bach quit the band after the other band members refused to support Kiss in the mid 90's claiming that they were too big to be a support act at that time. Actually their career was on the wane. Their 3rd album 'Subhuman Race' had been derailed by the dreaded Grunge explosion and they were on the same path to obscurity that was laid out in front of many other 80's acts at the time. And their current status as a band is certainly several rungs below their former vocalist (Bach). Neither act will be pulling up trees but I bet you that Bach's sold more records in the past decade.
    but don't give up your hope yet. I'm sure for the right price (from the GNR management) the Skid Row boys will get together. Which might have been their plan to begin with.

Boy, Skid Row hasn't made this much news in years. Now there's an update on what ex-singer Johnny Solinger is doing now.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Yep , decision making wise ....even if Bach can be an asshole (and its claimed he views Axl as a big brother type) who models himself after Axl Rose in regards to decisions ...then yeah you do this stadium tour. Its rumored that Guns N Roses will make $9 million alone for the Cocheta concert. That once the tour people heard the reunion was gonna happen they fuckin raced to get that 1st reunion show.

If Skid Row doesn't do this....If I was Rose I'd pick Buckcherry to open for them. Buckcherry I'm sure would love that opening slot. (plus who else wouldn't love to see Rose and Todd sing Paradise City together or another song at tour stops ?)

The KNAC.com staff picks their favorite discs of 2015.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

As much as I don't like conceding anything to support Axl Rose's ego, and as much as I didn't enjoy Chinese Democracy, from a business a standpoint I agree this is the best opportunity Skid Row is likely to ever get again. If they're going to reunite, this is the time. As the other poster said, it is very unlikely they will have another chance to play in front of crowds this big if they pass on the GnR thing. Yeah, folks will go to see GnR, but there's likely a lot of overlap in fans, and this could put them back on the map to a lesser degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The KNAC.com staff picks their favorite discs of 2015.
    Nice.......

Nice.......
    Lots of variety for fans of all the various subgenres of hard rock/heavy metal that's for sure.