Page 115 of 379 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5684

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Loved the concert. As to pre-recorded vocals I can for certainty that Nightwish wasn't using them as Floor Jansen was mixing things up too much and actually blew it on the glory note in Ghost Love Score - she went for the scream and coughed or something and had to end it about two seconds in. She and one of the guitar players exchanged a look and then nearly cracked up laughing right afterwards over it. Otherwise awesome by Floor and Nightwish.

Couldn't tell with Sonata Arctica but it was hard given my unfamiliarity.

Delain though I think got busted at one point using a backing vocal track. Charlotte Wessel's was definitely singing live but during one song it sounds like something went wrong as you could hear her voice two times at once only one was pitched way too high at about half Chipmunk range. You could also hear her voice at normal range which I assume was her real voice singing live. It only lasted for about 30 seconds but it was so bizarre for that 30 seconds.

Glad you had fun. Yeah, it was only Sonata that I thought was lip syncing when I saw them live. The singer just too good. And there was no banter. No, "Hey, how you doing, Cleveland?" Just one song straight into the next.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Glad you had fun. Yeah, it was only Sonata that I thought was lip syncing when I saw them live. The singer just too good. And there was no banter. No, "Hey, how you doing, Cleveland?" Just one song straight into the next.
    He did a ton of banter at my show. At one point he led the crowd in a "shut the fuck up Tony" chant after he'd been talking for a while. It was all in good fun but there was banter between most songs and a lot of engaging the audience.

I was actually pretty impressed by them and actually went and bought some of their songs today.

Alex Lifeson has confirmed that Rush is retiring from touring.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

The new Hatebreed CD The Concrete Confessional is due out this spring via Nuclear Blast.
    The album will be out May 13th.

Here's the track listing:

01. A.D.
    02. Looking Down The Barrel Of Today
    03. Seven Enemies
    04. In The Walls
    05. From Grace We've Fallen
    06. Us Against Us
    07. Something's Off
    08. Remember When
    09. Slaughtered In Their Dreams
    10. The Apex Within
    11. Walking The Knife
    12. Dissonance
    13. Serve Your Masters

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Lacuna Coil CD will be called Delirium. It will be released sometime next year via Century Media.
    The album will be out May 27th.

01. The House Of Shame
    02. Broken Things
    03. Delirium
    04. Blood, Tears, Dust
    05. Downfall
    06. Take Me Home
    07. You Love Me 'Cause I Hate You
    08. Ghost In The Mist
    09. My Demons
    10. Claustrophobia
    11. Ultima Ratio

Former Angra singer Edu Falaschi has a solo album called Moonlight due out May 20th. Details.

You can check out the song "Soulfire" from the new band Radio Exile via this Youtube link.

The new Assassin album will be called Combat Cathedral. It is due out May 20th via Steamhammer / SPV.

Press release copied from ClassicRockRevisited.com:

Iconic Grammy-winning and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame rockers THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND are excited to announce a new distribution deal with RED DISTRIBUTION for upcoming archival releases as well as the handling of their diverse releases through the band's Allman Brothers Band Recording Company label.

Yesterday, RollingStone.com debuted the lengthy "You Don't Love Me"/"Soul Serenade" jam from the upcoming Live From A&R Studios: New York, August 26, 1971 CD, set for release April 1. You can hear it here. In the Rolling Stone piece, ABB co-founder Butch Trucks talks extensively with David Fricke about this recording, the band's legendary live shows and his relationship with the late Duane Allman. "Oh, man, I'll never forget that one," he says of the A&R Studios recording. "We were set up in that studio just like we did on stage. But it was better. Rather than having their backs to me, the front line - Duane, Dickey and Berry - was facing us in kind of a semi-circle, which made it even easier to communicate. When I play, I stare at the left hand of whoever is playing lead. And I get to know what people are playing well enough that when they start going somewhere, once they arrive, I'm already there."

ABB co-founder JAIMOE says the band's happy to be at Red Distribution and back with a Sony family label they've had much success with. "We're a good team. We had a long run with them, and the band is excited to dig into the archives with record people who understand the special time these live recordings were captured--it was magical."

"Working with these legendary recordings are a personal and professional treat for me and the RED team," says Bob Morelli, President of RED Distribution. "Our first new release together, the legendary Live at A&R Studios felt like uncovering a buried treasure. Adding The ABB archives continues our mission to expand our catalog and creative work with our retail partners." .

The first release in this new relationship is the widely-bootlegged LIVE FROM A&R STUDIOS: NEW YORK, AUGUST 26 1971, due out April 1. This is the only band-authorized version of this album, remixed from the original multi-tracks; all others versions have been radio air check bootlegs. It features the original line-up of the Allman Brothers Band (Duane Allman, Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, Jaimoe, Berry Oakley and Butch Trucks), recorded and broadcast live on WPLJ radio in NYC on August 26, 1971. Founding guitarist Duane Allman died eight weeks later on October 2, 1971 in a motorcycle accident; this album marks his last NYC performance. The band was at one of their highest peaks, having just released their breakthrough At Fillmore East album only a month before. The liner notes contain the last public interview done with show air host DJ Dave Herman shortly before his death in 2014.

"You see, the Allman Brothers Band had built a special rapport with New York City through radio play, and then backing it up with live performances," Herman said. "New York had two major, big-time album-rock radio stations: WPLJ and WNEW, both of which played the shit out of the Allman Brothers. The Brothers got major play on both stations and sold a ton of records in New York, and with Bill Graham being the master promoter that he was, he saw how much radio play the band was getting, so he booked them for the Fillmore as much as he could. They became a hot ticket, and that is how the Allman Brothers became so big in New York."

RED will also take over the distribution of several other live shows the band has released over the last few years, including American University (12/12/1970), Stony Brook, NY (9/19/1971), Macon City Auditorium (2/11/1972), Nassau Coliseum 5/1/1973) and Boston Common (8/17/1971).

Since giving their final live performance in 2014, the ABB have remained very active, including various band members taking part in the band's two signature festivals. They host the Wanee Music Festival in April in Live Oak, FL (now in its 12th year) and the Peach Music Festival, held in August in Scranton, PA.

LIVE FROM A&R STUDIOS: NEW YORK, AUGUST 26, 1971 track list:
    --Statesboro Blues
    --Trouble No More
    --Don't Keep Me Wonderin'
    --Done Somebody Wrong
    --One Way Out
    --In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
    --Stormy Monday
    --You Don't Love Me/Soul Serenade
    --Hot 'lanta

You can check out my review of the new Redemption CD The Art Of Loss via this KNAC.com link.

Wicked Maraya album news.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Keith Emerson has died. Sadly, it is being reported that his death is being investigated as a suicide.

Devildriver lineup news.

After All has signed with NoiseArt Records for the June 10th release of their new album which is entitled Waves of Annihilation.

You can check out the video for the new Cheap Trick song "When I Wake Up Tomorrow" via this Youtube link.

You can check out the audio stream for the new Rival Sons song "Hollow Bones Pt. 1" via this Youtube link.

You can check out the new Candlebox song "I've Got A Gun" via this Blabbermouth.net link.

You can check out two songs ("Love and Bullets" and "Waiting On A Heartbreak") from the band The Defiants via this Blabbermouth.net link.

The new Abnormality CD Mechanisms of Omniscience is due out April 29th via Metal Blade Records. Details.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 03-21-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Keith Emerson has died. Sadly, it is being reported that his death is being investigated as a suicide.

Devildriver lineup news.

After All has signed with NoiseArt Records for the June 10th release of their new album which is entitled [I]Waves of Annihilation[/url].

You can check out the video for the new Cheap Trick song "When I Wake Up Tomorrow" via this Youtube link.

You can check out the audio stream for the new Rival Sons song "Hollow Bones Pt. 1" via this Youtube link.

You can check out the new Candlebox song "I've Got A Gun" via this Blabbermouth.net link.

You can check out two songs ("Love and Bullets" and "Waiting On A Heartbreak") from the band The Defiants via this Blabbermouth.net link.

The new Abnormality CD Mechanisms of Omniscience is due out April 29th via Metal Blade Records. Details.

Sadly Emerson was suffering from depression as he was suffering a degenerative nerve disease in his hand. He had lost 2 of his fingers and was struggling to play with 8 fingers. Its sad.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Iron Maiden's plane, Ed Force One, suffered major damage at the airport in Chile. You can read about it and see some photos via this Blabbermouth.net link.

Iron Maiden's Facebook page posted an update a couple hours ago. The two injured airport workers will both make a complete recovery.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Frontiers Music Srl will release the self-titled debut album from Phantom 5 on May 13th. Details

01. All The Way (Youtube audio stream of entire song)
    02. Blue Dog
    03. Someday
    04. Don't Touch The Night
    05. Renegade
    06. Flying High
    07. Since You're Gone
    08. They Won't Come Back
    09. Frontline
    10. We Both Had Our Time
    11. Why
    12. Sing Along (bonus track; digital version)

The new Tigertailz album, Blast, is due out April 25th.

01. Just For One Night
    02. All The Girls In The World
    03. Pipped It Popped It
    04. Bop Bop You
    05. In The Arms Of Mary
    06. Bloodsuckers
    07. Dynamite
    08. Bring It On
    09. Crime Against Rock And Roll
    10. God's Country
    11. Cheap Talk (bonus track; CD only)
    12. FnA (bonus track, CD only)

Ex-Blue Murder keyboardist Nik Green has died from cancer.

Ex-Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen will have her new album, The Shadow Self, out on August 5th via earMUSIC.