Page 122 of 379 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 5683
    Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The general reaction thus far has been....holy crap . A number of people have wondered if AC/DC will make Rose the new lead singer for future albums.
    I hope not. From what I've read Brian should be able to do studio work even if not live arenas anymore, and I think it would be a slap in the face if it's anyone but Brian so long as Brian is able and willing.

Here's an interview with ex-Styx singer Dennis DeYoung.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

With AC / DC I know the reason Brian had to step down was the risk of hearing loss but isn't that a fixable problem? Have him wear the best noise cancelling headphones you can buy and pipe in the band at a reasonable volume so he can keep his place without blowing out his ears. It would look goofy but wouldn't it work?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    With AC / DC I know the reason Brian had to step down was the risk of hearing loss but isn't that a fixable problem? Have him wear the best noise cancelling headphones you can buy and pipe in the band at a reasonable volume so he can keep his place without blowing out his ears. It would look goofy but wouldn't it work?
    From what was told , Brian's hearing has been going for a number of years. He kept pushing on and its now taken a toll. I don't know if they could tour with him anymore or not. Angus wants to tour more. Maybe this works for them. You get Axl Rose , he tours when Guns N Roses isn't. Just imagine if Rose could actually move on stage again lol...(his leg will be outta the cast soon I guess)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The new Chevelle album, The North Corridor, is tentatively due out in July.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Hey guys. Glad to see this thread is still going strong. So, any news on that Metallica album yet?

Yeah, well... No. Stupid question, I know.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Hey guys. Glad to see this thread is still going strong. So, any news on that Metallica album yet?

Blimey man! Give 'em a chance. It's only been 8 years since 'Death Magnetic' .

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Last I read they have a lot recorded, but not sure it's close to final. As of 4/9, it's "almost done."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ntury_now.html

BANNED

Its expected about the same time as next Tool Album and Game of Thrones book.

Ex-Faith No More singer Chuck Mosley release news.

The new Carnifex CD Slow Death is due out August 5th on Nuclear Blast Records.

01. Dark Heart Ceremony
    02. Slow Death
    03. Drown Me In Blood
    04. Pale Ghost
    05. Black Candles Burning
    06. Six Feet Closer To Hell
    07. Necrotoxic
    08. Life Fades To A Funeral
    09. Countess Of The Crescent Moon
    10. Servants To The Horde

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Blimey man! Give 'em a chance. It's only been 8 years since 'Death Magnetic' .
    Hehehe. Yeah, I don't know why I'm so pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Last I read they have a lot recorded, but not sure it's close to final. As of 4/9, it's "almost done."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ntury_now.html
    Like that shameless guy Ulrich said: "It may come out any century now". The nerve of some people...

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Its expected about the same time as next Tool Album and Game of Thrones book.
    Ha! That sounds about right.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hehehe. Yeah, I don't know why I'm so pessimistic.
    You know what though? Mentioning 'Death Magnetic' the other day inspired me to dig it out and listen to it for the first time in a few years. It's really damn good. There's a fire in Metallica's belly there that I'd thought was long extinguished. When we finally do get this follow-up it may well be worth the wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    You know what though? Mentioning 'Death Magnetic' the other day inspired me to dig it out and listen to it for the first time in a few years. It's really damn good. There's a fire in Metallica's belly there that I'd thought was long extinguished. When we finally do get this follow-up it may well be worth the wait.
    I didn't like it. To me it felt like a band that knows its not very good so they compensate by playing extra loud. The last Metallica album I recall liking was S&M though I'm a bit biased as Symphonic Metal is my favorite genre (I'm listening to Leaves Eyes as I type this).

You can check out my review of the new Lita Ford CD Time Capsule via this KNAC.com link.

Here's an interview with Glenn Hughes.