Page 127 of 379 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5678

Paradise Lost has signed a worldwide deal with Nuclear Blast.

Crucified Barbara has split up.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

From Classicrockrevisited.com:

Blackfoot, the Southern American rock band who were originally formed in 1970’s by current lead guitarist of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rickey Medlocke, are back with a new line-up and will release Southern Native on Loud & Proud Records, August 5, 2016. Over the last two years, Medlocke wrote, performed on and produced Southern Native.

Blackfoot has always been defined by their hard rock edge as evident on their most successful singles “Train, Train” and “Highway Song.” In 2012, under Medlocke’s sturdy guidance, he recruited a completely new ensemble. The Jacksonville, Florida-based foursome, including lead guitarist/vocalist Tim Rossi, guitarist/vocalist Rick Krasowski, bassist Brian Carpenter and drummer Matt Anastasi, are carrying the torch for the next generation with their hard-driving sound.

"This record is head to head old school meets new school, classic to new rock for a brand new generation!" says Medlocke, “Turn it up loud!”

“Rickey bridged the generations by having his grandfather Shorty Medlocke play on those early Blackfoot records,” said lead guitarist/vocalist Tim Rossi “so having Rickey play slide and other guitar with us on this record bridges the modern gap. It’s a full-circle kind of thing.” That forward-moving proof can be found deep within the music of Southern Native, from the proud heritage callbacks of the title track to the tasty slide-driven travelogue of “Take Me Home” to the harmonic ramrod-riffage twist on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young’s powerful “Ohio” (which includes quite a shrewd lyrical shout-out at the end).

Blackfoot have toured extensively over the past few years re-igniting their fanbase while introducing the new Blackfoot music and its members to fans of other Southern rock artists such as Skynyrd. Blackfoot will be touring all summer in support of Southern Native.

Track Listing:
    1. Need My Ride
    2. Southern Native
    3. Everyman
    4. Call Of A Hero
    5. Take Me Home
    6. Whiskey Train
    7. Satisfied Man
    8. Ohio
    9. Love This Town
    10. Diablo Loves Guitar

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Soilwork rarities collection details.
    Here's the track listing and cover art:

01. Helsinki (new song)
    02. Death Resonance (new song)
    03. The End Begins Below The Surface ("The Ride Majestic" Japan bonus track)
    04. My Nerves, Your Everyday Tool ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
    05. These Absent Eyes ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
    06. Resisting The Current ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
    07. When Sound Collides ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
    08. Forever Lost In Vain ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
    09. Sweet Demise ("The Panic Broadcast" Japan bonus track)
    10. Sadistic Lullabye (re-recorded, "The Panic Broadcast" Japan bonus track)
    11. Overclocked (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
    12. Martyr (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
    13. Sovereign (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
    14. Wherever Thorns May Grow (2016 mix, "Stabbing The Drama" Japan bonus track)
    15. Killed By Ignition (2016 mix, "Stabbing The Drama" Japan bonus track)

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Het on the Heart song is interesting. I will check it out when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I'm a big fan of Heart, but I've been mostly disappointed in their last couple of albums.

Opeth has signed with Nuclear Blast for the fall release of their new album which will be called Sorceress.

Dissonance Productions has signed Steve Grimmett's Grim Reaper and will release their new album, Walking in the Shadows, on September 23rd.

Insomnium will have their new album, Winter's Gate, released on September 23rd via Century Media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    That song is done. Listening to it right now on youtube.

Its definitely much closer in spirit to their 70's rock stuff than their 80's pop stuff but IMO it would be at best a filler track on an album. I actually think the song would have been better without Hetfield. Ann Wilson's voice sounds as good as ever but his voice doesn't really mesh well with hers IMO. Its actually pretty amazing to me how good Ann sounds given her age. I don't know if she can still belt like she used to but on this song, which didn't require too much extreme belting, she sounded just as good as she always has.

Heart is a weird group for me. I was too young to know of them in the 70's so my first exposure to them was during the pop reinvention during the 80's but I mostly lost interest in anything new by them around the time of the album that "All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You" on it. However I progressively grew to more and more like their 1970's stuff. Now I can barely tolerate the 80's stuff while I love their 70's stuff. I'm mostly unfamiliar with anything they've done since about 1995 (whenever they had their offshoot Lovemongers stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    That song is done. Listening to it right now on youtube.

Its definitely much closer in spirit to their 70's rock stuff than their 80's pop stuff but IMO it would be at best a filler track on an album. I actually think the song would have been better without Hetfield. Ann Wilson's voice sounds as good as ever but his voice doesn't really mesh well with hers IMO. Its actually pretty amazing to me how good Ann sounds given her age. I don't know if she can still belt like she used to but on this song, which didn't require too much extreme belting, she sounded just as good as she always has.

Heart is a weird group for me. I was too young to know of them in the 70's so my first exposure to them was during the pop reinvention during the 80's but I mostly lost interest in anything new by them around the time of the album that "All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You" on it. However I progressively grew to more and more like their 1970's stuff. Now I can barely tolerate the 80's stuff while I love their 70's stuff. I'm mostly unfamiliar with anything they've done since about 1995 (whenever they had their offshoot Lovemongers stuff).
    Here's the Youtube link.

Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt had a heart attack after performing in Turkey.

Body Count has signed with Century Media

In Flames has signed with Nuclear Blast.

You can check out the video for the Dead Daisies song "Long Way To Go" via this Youtube Link. (By the way, I'm digging this song!)

Singer Meat Loaf collapsed on stage in Edmonton, Ontario, last night. His condition is not known. Meat Loaf had to cancel a show on Monday due to illness.

Update: Reps for Meat Loaf are saying he was released from the hospital on Friday and that he's recovering well after collapsing on stage near the end of his show Thursday. They claim he was suffering from extreme dehydration. This is the second time Meat Loaf has collapsed on stage. He fainted in 2011 at a show in Pittsburgh. Interestingly, it was during the same song, "I Would Do Anything for Love."
    Last edited by Don C; 06-19-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Drummer Ian Paice had a mini-stroke which led to two concert dates being canceled. His statement can be seen HERE.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

From Classicrockrevisited.com:

Blackfoot, the Southern American rock band who were originally formed in 1970’s by current lead guitarist of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rickey Medlocke, are back with a new line-up and will release Southern Native on Loud & Proud Records, August 5, 2016.
    Track Listing:

10. Diablo Loves Guitar
    They Called Me Diablo.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Aaron Lewis will release his solo country album Sinner via Dot Records on September 6th.

01. Sinner (featuring Willie Nelson)
    02. That Ain't Country
    03. Whiskey And You
    04. Northern Redneck
    05. Mama
    06. Sunday Every Saturday Night
    07. Lost And Lonely
    08. Story Of My Life
    09. Stuck In These Shoes
    10. I Lost It All
    11. Travelin' Soldier

The new Epica CD will be called The Holographic Principle. It is due out October 1st via Nuclear Blast.

Here's the artwork:

Here's the track listing:

01. Eidola
    02. Edge Of The Blade
    03. A Phantasmic Parade
    04. Universal Death Squad
    05. Divide And Conquer
    06. Beyond The Matrix
    07. Once Upon A Nightmare
    08. The Cosmic Algorithm
    09. Ascension - Dream State Armageddon
    10. Dancing In A Hurricane
    11. Tear Down Your Walls
    12. The Holographic Principle - A Profound Understanding Of Reality

The new Vader CD, The Empire, will be released on September 23rd via Nuclear Blast.
    The album has been pushed back to November 4th.