Page 132 of 379 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 5685

The new House of Shakira album, Sour Grapes, is due out August 26th from MelodicRock Records / Cargo Records. You can check out the new song "Trial By Fire" via this Youtube Link.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

From ClassicRockRevisited.com comes a press release about a Styx live release:

"Internationally renowned multi-million selling rock band Styx will be on full display this summer, when Eagle Rock Entertainment releases Styx: Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas via DVD [MSRP 14.98], Blu-ray [MSRP 19.98], and Digital Formats on September 2.

Filmed in high definition, Styx: Live At The Orleans Arena captures the band performing in July 2014, showering the crowd with a set list of hits and fan favorites: “Too Much Time On My Hands,” “Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man),” “Renegade,” and more. Originally released on CD in June 2015, this incredible live concert will now be available on DVD and Blu-ray.

"Damn, we had a good time on that tour!” says vocalist/guitarist Tommy Shaw. “Night after night following Don Felder's legendary set, we couldn't wait to hit the stage for our turn at bat. Unforgettable."

Formed in Chicago in 1972, Styx played a key role in defining the AOR genre, and established themselves as one of America’s greatest rock bands. Their blend of soaring melodies, hard rock guitar, musical theatricality, and prog-rock elements earned them millions of global record sales and numerous platinum and multi-platinum albums. Styx: Live At The Orleans Arena proves exactly how they earned that legacy.

The set highlights the musical dexterity of Tommy Shaw, James “JY” Young (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Todd Sucherman (drums), Lawrence Gowan (vocals/keyboards), Ricky Phillips (bass, backing vocals), and Chuck Panozzo, which is further boosted by a special surprise visit from a former Eagles guitarist -- Don Felder -- for a rousing performance of “Blue Collar Man (Long Nights).”

To heighten the live Styx experience, Live At The Orleans Arena is punctuated with band / crew member interviews, detailing life on the road. Bonus features include the entire concert sans the interview footage, bonus interview footage, and a photo gallery.

Track Listing:
    1.) Too Much Time On My Hands
    2.) Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)
    3.) Light Up
    4.) Crystal Ball
    5.) Superstars
    6.) Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) – with Don Felder
    7.) Rockin’ The Paradise
    8.) Renegade

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Lordi has a new album coming out.

The new Red Fang CD, Only Ghosts, is due out October 14th via Relapse.

01. Flies Check out the song on YouTube
    02. Cut It Short
    03. Flames
    04. No Air
    05. Shadows
    06. Not For You
    07. The Smell of the Sound
    08. The Deep
    09. I Am a Ghost
    10. Living in Lye

The new Operation:Mindcrime album will be called Resurrection. It is due out September 23rd via Frontiers Records. Full details.

01. Resurrection
    02. When All Falls Away
    03. A Moment In Time
    04. Through the Noize
    05. Left For Dead
    06. Miles Away
    07. Healing My Wounds
    08. The Fight
    09. Taking On The World (feat. Tim "Ripper" Owens and Blaze Bayley)
    10. Invincible
    11. A Smear Campaign
    12. Which Side You're On
    13. Into The Hands Of The World
    14. Live From My Machine

Did you ever review Operation: Mindcrime's first album, The Key?
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Did you ever review Operation: Mindcrime's first album, The Key?
    Yes I did. Here's the link!

Thanks. I was just curious if it was any good. Doesn't sound like it.

-----

In a move that should surprise no one, Megadeth have named Dirk Verbeuren their new drummer. Chris Adler had played on the last album and part of Megadeth's current tour but had to bow out due to commitments with Lamb of God. Adler suggested Verbeuren and Verbeuren has been touring with the band since May. But they still haven't released their new tour schedule that was supposed to be out Monday.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

It was kind of embarrassing.

Phil Collins has a compilation of his singles coming out. Here's the details.

A statue of Lemmy will be unveiled next month at the Rainbow Bar & Grill. Details

Nikki Sixx's Motley Crue publishing catalog has been purchased.

In Flames has a new DVD coming out in late September.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It's been quite disheartening to see such a formerly great band collapse over such a protracted period of time.

I seem to remember thinking that they couldn't sink any further than the garbage 'Operation Mindcrime II' album. Now I know different.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Floor was well accepted by fans as she has incredible range and versatility and can do everything both Tarja and Anette could do only better.
    Not everything is in the range of voice and technique. Lots of it depends on the ability of the singer to write the melody lines. This is where both Tarja and Anette have outdone (so far) Floor. Nightwish is Nightwish thanks to to the first two singers, while with Floor everything on the new album sounds flat like... well, like a floor. If "Endless Forms..." was Nightwish's first release they would be only one of the many Symphonic Metal Bands. It's not a feather in Floor's hat to sing those songs that Tarja and Anette sing before her better, but to deliver the new songs written for her, with same gusto. And this is where she is yet to impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Lordi has a new album coming out.
    What? New CD in September. Not October 31st?
    That King Diamond nod sounds promising.

Phil Collins has a compilation of his singles coming out. Here's the details.
    I don't own any Phil Collins CD because I was waiting for something like this. There is more than I care for, but at least everything I want is there. This is a possible buy.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post

I don't own any Phil Collins CD because I was waiting for something like this. There is more than I care for, but at least everything I want is there. This is a possible buy.
    I owned most of his solo CDs on either cassette or CD, but when he did the whole big reissue campaign this year, I upgraded to them. It isn't something I do often but I've always loved his solo work.

You can check out the lyric video for the new Sabaton song "Blood of Bannockburn" via this YouTube link.

Here's an interview with Yes guitarist Steve Howe.

There's a Gillan vinyl collection coming out in September.

Opeth has signed with Nuclear Blast for the fall release of their new album which will be called Sorceress.
    The album is due out September 30th.

Here's the cover art and track listing:

01. Persephone
    02. Sorceress
    03. The Wilde Flowers
    04. Will O The Wisp
    05. Chrysalis
    06. Sorceress 2
    07. The Seventh Sojourn
    08. Strange Brew
    09. A Fleeting Glance
    10. Era
    11. Persephone (Slight Return)