Page 138 of 379 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 5683

You can check out the official video for the new Michael Sweet song "Radio" HERE!.

The Scorpions have a live release coming out.

The new In Flames CD will be called Battles. It is due out on November 11 via via Nuclear Blast in all territories excluding North America and Scandinavia and Eleven Seven Music Group in the U.S.

From Classic Rock Revisited:

Thirty years after his breakthrough solo release Tones brought him national recognition, Texan guitar legend Eric Johnson is releasing his first all-acoustic album. Showcasing nine original compositions and four covers, EJ is easily Johnson’s most intimate album to date. “Ever since I was young, I’ve played piano and acoustic guitar in my private life,” Johnson says. “This type of music has always been a part of me, but I never showcased it on any kind of bigger level, like a full acoustic record. With EJ, I just decided to be more honest with myself and everybody, and show more of my personal side.” EJ brings listeners as close as possible to hearing Johnson in his own living room, performing songs on piano and steel-string and nylon-string acoustic guitars.

Johnson, long known for his painstaking approach to making records, used a much more immediate approach for the self-produced EJ. “Almost all of that material was cut live,” Johnson explains. “Some of the songs I actually sang and played at the same time – just live in the studio. Recording this way gave it more of an honest realism and organic emotion. Especially on the acoustic, you just have to get in there and play.”

On the original compositions “Wonder,” “Fatherly Downs,” and “All Things You Are,” Johnson frames his voice with his prized 1980 Martin D-45, a gift from his late father. He plays the steel-string on his superlative instrumentals “Once Upon a Time in Texas,” “All Things You Are,” and “Song for Irene.” He conjures the beautiful, pensive tones of “Serinidad,” another original instrumental, on a Ramirez nylon-string guitar. A spirited steel-string arrangement of Simon and Garfunkel’s “Mrs. Robinson” rounds out the solo guitar tracks.

Johnson recasts another Simon and Garfunkel favorite, “Scarborough Fair,” for voice and piano, and plays piano on the originals “Water Under the Bridge,” “November,” and “Wrapped in a Cloud,” an ensemble track with acoustic bass, cello, drums, and percussion. In a move that’s sure to surprise his fans, Johnson rearranged Jimi Hendrix’ “One Rainy Wish” for guitar and piano, capping the performance with a jazz-inflected piano solo. Rounding out the record is Johnson and guest guitarist Doyle Dykes’ superlative cover of Les Paul and Mary Ford’s 1951 classic, “The World Is Waiting for the Sunshine.”

Throughout his career, Johnson has approached music as a healing force, a way to enhance a listener’s consciousness and conjure joy and inspiration. “That’s what I’ve always appreciated most about other artists,” he says. “Some artists inspire us to wake up and get back to the clarity of consciousness. With this record, I’m trying to do that too, because I appreciate it so much in other people.”

In support of EJ’s October 2016 release, Johnson will embark on a series of U.S. tours that will bring him to about 60 cities nationwide. Stay tuned for dates and details.

Tracks:

Mrs. Robinson
    Water Under The Bridge
    Wonder
    Wrapped In A Cloud
    Once Upon A Time In Texas
    One Rainy Wish
    Serinidad
    Fatherly Downs
    The World Is Waiting For The Sunshine
    November
    All Things You Are
    Scarborough Fair
    Song For Irene

Status Quo have revealed that they'll launch their second acoustic album later this year. The follow-up to 2014's Aquostic (Stripped Bare) will be titled Aquostic II - That's A Fact! and will be released on October 21 via Universal Music On Demand.

Aquostic II - That's A Fact! will be issued on CD, limited edition double vinyl and deluxe 25 track edition 2CD. The standard CD release features 12 reimagined Quo tracks along with new tracks One For The Road and One Of Everything.

The deluxe edition comes with a second disc which features six tracks recorded at the band's Stuttgart Aquostic show 2014 and another new track, Is Someone Rocking Your Heart?

Status Quo Aquostic II CD tracklist
    1.That’s A Fact
    2.Roll Over Lay Down
    3.Dear John
    4.In The Army Now
    5.Hold You Back
    6.One For The Road
    7.Backwater
    8.One Of Everything
    9.Belavista Man
    10.Lover Of The Human Race
    11.Ice In The Sun
    12.Mess Of The Blues
    13.Jam Side Down
    14.Resurrection

Status Quo Aquostic II deluxe edition tracklist

CD1
    1.That’s A Fact
    2.Roll Over Lay Down
    3.Dear John
    4.In The Army Now
    5.Hold You Back
    6.One For The Road
    7.Backwater
    8.One Of Everything
    9.Belavista Man
    10.Lover Of The Human Race
    11.Ice In The Sun
    12.Mess Of The Blue
    13.Jam Side Down
    14.Resurrection
    15.Lies
    16.Little Dreamer
    17.Living On An Island
    18.Is Someone Rocking Your Heart?
    19.Rockers Rollin

CD2 – Live In Stuttgart
    1.And It's Better Now
    2.Pictures Of Matchstick Men
    3.Don't Drive My Car
    4.Claudie
    5.Whatever You Want
    6.Rocking All Over The World

Last edited by Deathstroke; 08-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You can check out the official video for the new Michael Sweet song "Radio" HERE!.
    So this is what the poor man's Nickelback sounds like.
    I was considering to buy this album for the guest guitarists, but this track made me reconsider.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

I like it. Definitely tongue in cheek, but I'm cool with that.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Here's an interview with Poison's Rikki Rockett.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I saw the Black Sabbath / Rival Sons concert last night. Both bands were awesome. A full review will be coming soon.

The new Candiria CD, While They Were Sleeping, is due out October 7th via Metal Blade Records.

Former Prong guitarist Monte Pittman will have his new album, Inverted Grasp of Balance, out on September 23rd via Metal Blade Records.

01. Panic Attack
    02. Arisen in Broad Daylight
    03. Guilty Pleasure
    04. The Times Are Changing
    05. Double Edged Sword
    06. Cadabra
    07. Pride Comes Before the Fall
    08. California
    09. Be Very Afraid
    10. Obliterated
    11. Skeleton Key
    12. New Blood Keeps Us Alive

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    So this is what the poor man's Nickelback sounds like.
    I was considering to buy this album for the guest guitarists, but this track made me reconsider.
    Update:
    After listening to the album I was pleasantly surprised that "Radio" (an uncomfortably reminiscent tune to the "Rockstar") is the low point of the CD, which is otherwise full of incredible guitar solos and memorable songs.
    Placed my order.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Update:
    After listening to the album I was pleasantly surprised that "Radio" (an uncomfortably reminiscent tune to the "Rockstar") is the low point of the CD, which is otherwise full of incredible guitar solos and memorable songs.
    Placed my order.
    Nice to see you took the time to investigate.

Prosthetic Records has signed the band Starkill and will release the band's new album, Shadow Sleep, on November 4th.

01. Walk Through Fire
    02. Burn Your World
    03. Through The Darkness
    04. Shadow Sleep
    05. Cloudless
    06. Piece Of Paradise
    07. Ruin
    08. Into The Grey
    09. Razors Edge
    10. No Savior
    11. Erase Me
    12. Farewell
    13. Captive Of The Night

My review of the August 25th Black Sabbath / Rival Sons concert can be see via this KNAC.com link.

Dave Lombardo has been hired to be the tour drummer for The Misfits. Details.

Here's an interview with Warrant singer Robert Mason.

The debut album from Bad Seed Rising, Awake In Color, is due out September 30th via Roadrunner Records.

The new Crowbar CD, The Serpent Only Lies, will be released on October 28th.

The new Sirenia album will be called Dim Days of Dolor. It is due out November 11th.

Dave Lombardo has been hired to be the tour drummer for The Misfits. Details.
    As a life long Misfits fan this fills my heart with glorious joy. I can only pray that they do a proper tour. I never got to see Glenn play with the band. Hope springs eternal.

The new Wild Souls album will be called Game of Love. It is due out from Lion's Pride Music on October 31st.

1. Game Of Love
    2. Dirty Mind
    3. Shame On You
    4. Pretty Babe
    5. Riding
    6. Rock My World
    7. Moonlight
    8. One More Night
    9. I Need Your Love

The new Memphis May Fire CD, This Light I Hold, is due out October 28th via Rise Records.

01. Out Of It
    02. Carry On
    03. Wanting More
    04. Sever The Ties
    05. The Enemy
    06. This Light I Hold (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)
    07. That's Just Life
    08. Letting Go
    09. The Antidote
    10. Better Things
    11. Not Over Yet (feat. Larry Soliman)
    12. Unashamed
    13. Live It Well

Timothy B. Schmit (The Eagles) will release a new solo album called Leap of Faith on September 23rd via Benowen Records.
    You can check out the song "Red Dirt Road" via this Youtube link.

Dissonance Productions has signed Steve Grimmett's Grim Reaper and will release their new album, Walking in the Shadows, on September 23rd.
    You can listen to the title track from the album via this Youtube link.