Page 170 of 379 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Revolver magazine has been sold.
    Music magazines is still a thing? Much less a hard rock/metal magazine. It's been ++++years since I glanced at a copy.

I remember reading CREEM magazine way, way back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Music magazines is still a thing? Much less a hard rock/metal magazine. It's been ++++years since I glanced at a copy.

I remember reading CREEM magazine way, way back in the day.
    Yes, music magazines are still a thing. I get a couple from England: Classic Rock and Fireworks.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's an interview with Night Ranger's Brad Gillis.

Here's an interview with Fozzy's Chris Jericho.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Steven Wilson album will be called To The Bone. It is due out August 18th.

The new Alice Cooper album will be called Paranormal and it is due out in July.

Dagoba album news.

The Haunted album news.

Evanescence album news.

Satyricon has signed with Napalm Records and their new album will be out on September 22nd.

The new album from The Rasmus will be called Dark Matters and it is due out September 22nd.

FROM CLASSIC ROCK REVISITED.COM:

"in June 2016, legendary guitarist Ritchie Blackmore made his much-anticipated return to rock music as Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow. Delivering three powerhouse concerts in Europe, two in Germany and one in England, Blackmore yet again proved why he is a pivotal figure of rock and roll.

On June 9, 2017, Eagle Rock Entertainment will issue the Live In Birmingham 2016 2CD [MSRP $19.98] and Digital Audio -- the first release of the audio from the 2016 British show. Packed with a set list combining classic tracks from both Deep Purple and Rainbow, the 2CD boasts “Catch The Rainbow”, “Mistreated”, “Since You Been Gone”, “Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll”, “Black Night”, “Spotlight Kid”, “Smoke On The Water”, “Stargazer”, “Perfect Strangers”, and more!

The two German shows at Loreley and Bietigheim were caught on camera to produce the concert film Memories In Rock, which was released by Eagle Vision and Eagle Records in November 2016. This new 2CD set captures the full audio from the British show at the Genting Arena at the NEC, Birmingham, including performances of “Soldier Of Fortune” and “Burn” from the Mark III Deep Purple era that weren’t in the German shows.

The Line-Up for the Birmingham show featured Ritchie Blackmore (Guitar); Ronnie Romero (Vocals); David Keith (Drums); Bob Nouveau (Bass); Jens Johanssen (Keyboards); Candice Night (Backing Vocals); Lady Lynn (Backing Vocals).

A true celebration of Ritchie Blackmore’s career and legacy, Live In Birmingham 2016 excellently captures an astounding night of music.

TRACK LISTING

Disc One:

1) Over The Rainbow / Highway Star**
    2) Spotlight Kid**
    3) Mistreated**********
    4) Since You Been Gone**
    5) Man On The Silver Mountain**
    6) Soldier Of Fortune********
    7) Medley: Difficult To Cure (Beethoven’s Ninth) / Drum Solo / Bass Solo / Band Jam / Keyboard Solo (inc Toccata & Fugue in Dm) / Difficult To Cure (Beethoven’s Ninth****
    8) Catch The Rainbow

Disc Two:

1) Perfect Strangers**
    2) Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll* *
    3) Child In Time**************
    4) Stargazer**
    5) Medley: Black Night / Woman From Tokyo / Black Night**
    6) Burn******
    7) Smoke On The Water

From Classic Rock Revisited:

"Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band guitarist Stevie Van Zandt has announced that he will be releasing his first new solo album is almost twenty years this spring.

The new album, released under the moniker Little Steven, will be entitled "Soulfire" and is set to hit stores on May 19th. If follows Van Zandt's 1999 effort "Born Again Savage".

The album will feature Stevie revisiting some of the tracks from his entire career. He had these comments, "I've always been very thematic with my work, very conceptual. I need a big picture, I can't just do a collection of songs, that doesn't work for me.

"In this case, the concept became me. Who am I? I'm kind of my own genre at this point. So I tried to pick material that when you added it all up, really represented me. So there are a couple of covers, a couple of new songs, and some of what I feel are the best songs I've written and co-written over the years. This record is me doing me."
    Here's the track listing:

1. Soulfire
    2. I’m Coming Back
    3. Blues Is My Business
    4. I Saw The Light
    5. Some Things Just Don’t Change
    6. Love On The Wrong Side Of Town
    7. The City Weeps Tonight
    8. Down And Out In New York City
    9. Standing In The Line Of Fire
    10. Saint Valentine’s Day
    11. I Don’t Want To Go Home
    12. Ride The Night Away

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Is it me or is there just not that might exciting happening musically right now? If I am missing anything please point me in the right direction. I'm a little bored with my usual standbys (as the cycle goes) and not really sure where else to look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Is it me or is there just not that might exciting happening musically right now? If I am missing anything please point me in the right direction. I'm a little bored with my usual standbys (as the cycle goes) and not really sure where else to look right now.
    In terms of rock music, I am listening to a lot of Stoner/Desert rock & the surprising variety & amounts of bands I'm discovering is quite eye opening, delightfully energetic & infectiously groovy. I can't believe I have never heard of this heavily guitar-oriented music till last year. Been to about 8 shows since last year as well. I'm constantly looking for bands touring in the NY/Ct area.

I am also enjoying a lot of Post-Rock right now. It's mostly instrumental rock that starts slowly/quietly then progressively builds to a growing rage & ends in a thunderous cacophony glorious finality. Many of these bands make a ton of music for modern Hollywood movies. I'm absolutely sure you've heard it before.

If you want names of bands let me know.

The new Alice Cooper album will be called Paranormal and it is due out in July.
    The album will be out July 28th via earMUSIC

Origin album news.

George Thorogood will release his first solo album, Party Of One, on August 4th.

Here's an interview with Bill Leverty of Firehouse.

Grim Reaper singer Steve Grimmett's 2007 solo album Personal Crisis will be getting its first North American release on June 30th via Dissonance Productions.

The new Accept studio album will be called The Rise Of Chaos. It is due out August 4th via Nuclear Blast.
    Here's the cover art:

The Appice brothers are doing an album together.

Living Colour will release their new album Shade on September 8th via Megaforce Records.

My new Cassette Chronicles article looks at the Paul Rodgers solo album Now.