Page 18 of 379 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Kansas has hired Ronnie Platt as their new lead vocalist and keyboardist. His first show with the band will be September 12th in Oklahoma City. He replaces the departing Steve Walsh.

The new Joe Bonamassa CD will feature all original music and is called Different Shades of Blue. It is due out September 22nd.

The Deep Purple live release Graz 1975 is due out in North America September 23rd via earMUSIC / Eagle Rock Entertainment. You can see more details HERE!.

01. Burn
    02. Stormbringer
    03. The Gypsy
    04. Lady Double Dealer
    05. Mistreated
    06. Smoke On The Water
    07. You Fool No One
    08. Space Truckin'
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I think people spend far too much time obsessing over penny ante crap and tend to ignore them.
    I agree......

Eddie Money is working on a new album tentatively titled Shake That Thing. He hopes to have it out within 6 months.

Here's an interview with Lillian Axe guitarist Steve Blaze.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    So Weird Al's newest song "Word Crimes" which I am very guilty of, includes the line "write like a spastic" While I personally don't have aproblem with that word apparently it has a negative connotation other places and is used as a slur against the handicapped. I know this because on the imdb forum for doctor who someone refered to Capaldi as another spastic doctor and people went ape ****. Thoughts?
    I think it's a non-issue. I personally hate the PC-police and the faux-outrage every time anything like this happens. Weird Al is about the most inoffensive famous person on the planet, so even anything as small as this is likely unintentional.

Reading up on it, it still has valid medical uses and seems to be applicable in the song, though it seems it's sometimes used as an insult in the UK. I think this should float under the radar. I mean, you have to really grasp at straws to make Weird Al controversial.

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will release the solo album Head Job on August 29th.

Buckcherry will release the EP **** on August 19th. (Before anyone asks, yes that is the title).

01. Somebody Fucked With Me
    02. Say **** It
    03. ************
    04. I Don't Give A ****
    05. It's A Fucking Disaster
    06. Fist ****

The new Russell Allen / Jorn Lande CD The Great Divide is due out October 17 in Europe and October 21 in North America via Frontiers Records.

01. Come Dream With Me
    02. Down From The Mountain
    03. In The Hands Of Time
    04. Solid Ground
    05. Lady Of Winter
    06. Dream About Tomorrow
    07. Hymn To The Fallen
    08. The Great Divide
    09. Reaching For The Stars
    10. Bittersweet

Blues guitarist Johnny Winter has died at the age of 70: Article Link

Ex-Dio guitarist Rowan Robertson has joined Bang Tango.

From Blabbermouth.net:

Bassist Hal Patino has been relieved of his duties with King Diamond "for reasons very similar to why he was fired from the band in 1990," according to the group's frontman and namesake, Danish heavy metal singer King Diamond. King adds: "This will have NO negative impact on our upcoming shows whatsoever. On the contrary."

Also, the new Lady Antebellum CD 747 is due out September 30th (according to CMT.com). The album will feature 11 tracks, six of which were co-written by the band.

Glad King Diamond is touring again. Not so glad that they aren't coming to Cleveland. Back in the day, they came here three times on the "Them" tour.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Here's an interview with Night Ranger's Brad Gillis.
    It disapoints me to see fantastic guitarists languish for decades with bands that have either reached their peak or go nowhere. This guy is such a player that he played with Ozzy for a minute before going back to NR. Looking at you George Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    It disapoints me to see fantastic guitarists languish for decades with bands that have either reached their peak or go nowhere. This guy is such a player that he played with Ozzy for a minute before going back to NR. Looking at you George Lynch.
    Are you discounting the notion that perhaps Gillis WANTS to be in Night Ranger, not has to be?

From Blabbermouth.net:

NONPOINT has parted ways with guitarist Dave Lizzio and has replaced him with B.C. Kochmit (EYE EMPIRE, SWITCHED).

Comments Lizzio: "I know that there has recently been a lot of speculation, question, worry, and concern regarding my current position with the band. And to clarify, once and for all — I am very, very heartbroken to acknowledge that I am no longer going to be the lead guitarist for this incredible band.

"Please understand that this decision was not an easy one for myself or anyone in the band to have to deal with, but it was determined to be necessary and I completely understand why it needed to happen. The details, as you can imagine, touched a variety of professional facets and I hope you all realize that these cannot all be 'public' details in many cases, and I sincerely wish that you all respect that.

"I am, and always will be, on good terms with my brothers in NONPOINT and I can only hope that this new album continues to propel them even further along their musical career, morseo than ever before. I am so proud of the work we all did on this new album and I can't wait to share it with all of you. I hope you continue to support them with the same tenacity and love you all gave me personally."

From Blabbermouth.net:

Bassist Hal Patino has been relieved of his duties with King Diamond "for reasons very similar to why he was fired from the band in 1990," according to the group's frontman and namesake, Danish heavy metal singer King Diamond. King adds: "This will have NO negative impact on our upcoming shows whatsoever. On the contrary."

Also, the new Lady Antebellum CD 747 is due out September 30th (according to CMT.com). The album will feature 11 tracks, six of which were co-written by the band.
    Hal Patino says he wasn't fired.

Hal Patino says he wasn't fired.
    And now the response to Patino's claims from King Diamond himself can be read HERE!