Page 19 of 379 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Have you heard the new Joe Bonamassa song "Different Shades of Blue" yet? If you haven't you can check out the official video for it HERE!.

I loved his work as the guitarist for Black Country Communion but I hadn't checked out the music of his "MAIN" career as a highly successful blues guitarist. That's going to change with the release of his new album (same as the song above). It has been added to my buy list. I also put the video link on my Twitter and Facebook feeds. Just some really good entertaining music.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And now the response to Patino's claims from King Diamond himself can be read HERE!

I was cool with everything King said until he basically threatened to have Patino blackballed from the music industry if he didn't drop the subject.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Have you heard the new Joe Bonamassa song "Different Shades of Blue" yet? If you haven't you can check out the official video for it HERE!.

I loved his work as the guitarist for Black Country Communion but I hadn't checked out the music of his "MAIN" career as a highly successful blues guitarist. That's going to change with the release of his new album (same as the song above). It has been added to my buy list. I also put the video link on my Twitter and Facebook feeds. Just some really good entertaining music.
    Thanks for that link. Loved it.

Been a Bonamassa fan for years. Good to see more and more people getting turned onto his stuff. I'd also recommend albums like 'Sloe Gin' and 'Dust Bowl'.

His last album 'Driving Towards The Daylight' (which I was actually a little disappointed in) reached No. 2 on the UK charts. Never would have imagined that when I first read an article on him in Classic Rock nearly a decade ago.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Loved it.
    Very good track.
    The vibe reminds me a lot of what Gary Moore did in his late career.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I was cool with everything King said until he basically threatened to have Patino blackballed from the music industry if he didn't drop the subject.
    Don C, Patino responded back again!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Thanks for that link. Loved it.

Been a Bonamassa fan for years. Good to see more and more people getting turned onto his stuff. I'd also recommend albums like 'Sloe Gin' and 'Dust Bowl'.

His last album 'Driving Towards The Daylight' (which I was actually a little disappointed in) reached No. 2 on the UK charts. Never would have imagined that when I first read an article on him in Classic Rock nearly a decade ago.
    I've been listening to the track all day. I like it more and more. I want to check out more of his blues work but prefer to buy it on CD and money's tight for music purchases.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I've been listening to the track all day. I like it more and more. I want to check out more of his blues work but prefer to buy it on CD and money's tight for music purchases.
    Understandable. His stuff isn't cheap either. Most of his albums are over a tenner on Amazon. Thing is though, because he's an independent artist you don't begrudge the outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Very good track.
    Yeah, it is. Another stellar musician. RIP.

You can check out my review of the new Judas Priest CD Redeemer of Souls HERE!

Buckcherry will release the EP Fuck on August 19th. (Before anyone asks, yes that is the title).

01. Somebody Fucked With Me
    02. Say Fuck It
    03. Motherfucker
    04. I Don't Give A Fuck
    05. It's A Fucking Disaster
    06. Fist Fuck

Oh, so a Christian album from the boys, eh? My, how bold!

Are you discounting the notion that perhaps Gillis WANTS to be in Night Ranger, not has to be?
    That actually makes it seem worse to me. I can easily see him fronting his own guitar driven band with young studio hot-shots, or playing with a supergroup like The Winery Dogs or the unfortunately short lived, Black Country Communion. BG is a bad-ass player who should have Joe Bonamassa like hype and not only known as that guitar player in that old 80's band NR. BG should be playing The Beacon Threatre a-la The Allman Brothers, and not playing county fairs on Wednesday nights in Greensborough, North Carolina.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to hear more guitar fronted bands with players like Jeff Loomis, Bonamassa, Gary Clark Jr., Derrick Trucks and even Zakk Wylde can put out something good (when sober) every 3yrs or so. Fucking pinch harmonics bullshit makes me seethe.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Very good track.
    Bonamassa has great respect for Gary Moore's playing, he did a tribute of Parisianne Walkways that is unnervingly close to GM's playing. Gary's move to the blues was a brilliant move for his career. I believe he sent Clapton into hiding when Gary went balls out bluesman.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    That actually makes it seem worse to me. I can easily see him fronting his own guitar driven band with young studio hot-shots, or playing with a supergroup like The Winery Dogs or the unfortunately short lived, Black Country Communion. BG is a bad-ass player who should have Joe Bonamassa like hype and not only known as that guitar player in that old 80's band NR. BG should be playing The Beacon Threatre a-la The Allman Brothers, and not playing county fairs on Wednesday nights in Greensborough, North Carolina.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to hear more guitar fronted bands with players like Jeff Loomis, Bonamassa, Gary Clark Jr., Derrick Trucks and even Zakk Wylde can put out something good (when sober) every 3yrs or so. Fucking pinch harmonics bullshit makes me seethe.
    I'm not worried about the rant, it is nice to see at least a little conversation developing. I just don't have a problem with whatever Gillis or anyone else decides they WANT to do.

The new Sick of It All album The Last Act of Defiance will be out in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on September 29, and in North America on September 30 via Century Media Records.

01. Sound The Alarm
    02. 2061
    03. Road Less Traveled
    04. Get Bronx
    05. Part Of History
    06. Losing War
    07. Never Back Down
    08. Facing The Abyss
    09. Act Your Rage
    10. Disconnect Your Flesh
    11. Beltway Getaway
    12. Sidelined
    13. Outgunned
    14. DNC

You can check out the new Godsmack song "Generation Day" via this Youtube link.

The official video for the new Overkill song "Bitter Pill" is now available via this Youtube link. I liked this song better than the first track ("Armorist") they put out from the new album.

Sensory Records will release the live CD/DVD from the band Redemption (featuring Fates Warning singer Ray Alder) late this summer. The release is called Live From the Pit.

01. Intro/Threads
    02. The Suffocating Silence
    03. Dreams From The Pit
    04. Parker's Eyes
    05. Fall On You
    06. Noonday Devil
    07. Nocturnal
    08. Stronger Than Death
    09. The Origins Of Ruin
    10. Black And White World
    11. The Death Of Faith And Reason
    12. Walls

The new album from Nonpoint will be called The Return. It is due out everywhere but North America on September 29th via Metal Blade Records. There isn't a release date for North America yet.

You can check out the new Godsmack song "Generation Day" via this Youtube link.
    Much better than "1000 HP." Maybe not a classic, but something I could listen to without changing the radio station.

The official video for the new Overkill song "Bitter Pill" is now available via this Youtube link. I liked this song better than the first track ("Armorist") they put out from the new album.
    I liked "Armory" better, but they're both good. White Devil Armory is sounding like another great Overkill album. So it'll sell maybe 1000 copies in the US.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.