Page 210 of 379 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 5683
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its not the 1st time that artists who have passed had this happen. Sun Records who lost Elvis to RCA (a huge blunder) found a man named Jimmy Ellis back in late 1970's and he sounded like Elvis . So they started marketing him wearing a mask and played up that maybe Elvis wasn't dead and just doing this. It was ...pretty trashy to do.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not the 1st time that artists who have passed had this happen. Sun Records who lost Elvis to RCA (a huge blunder) found a man named Jimmy Ellis back in late 1970's and he sounded like Elvis . So they started marketing him wearing a mask and played up that maybe Elvis wasn't dead and just doing this. It was ...pretty trashy to do.

The final of the three "Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell" albums is supposedly mostly Valerie Simpson (of Ashford and Simpson) on female lead vocals. Tammi was very ill with the brain tumor that was going to kill her soon after, but Motown wanted to milk their biggest hit duo for one more LP.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Saliva album news.

Electric Boys album news.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Oceanhoarse lineup news.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

Aldo Nova album news.

Unleashed album news.
    I remember that "Fantasy" song of his. It's aged very well I think. Always wondered what happened to him & he's been quite busy. Very sad about the wife. Seems like a decent, solid guy & righteous guitar player. Hope the new record rocks my face off.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

It's so ham fisted in it's execution I only wonder if these guys were just taking the piss. Either way I LULZ!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The final of the three "Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell" albums is supposedly mostly Valerie Simpson (of Ashford and Simpson) on female lead vocals. Tammi was very ill with the brain tumor that was going to kill her soon after, but Motown wanted to milk their biggest hit duo for one more LP.
    May the devil take the record companies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

It's so ham fisted in it's execution I only wonder if these guys were just taking the piss. Either way I LULZ!

I guess Sun wanted some record sales as they had lost everyone I believe at this stage. It was a bit successful because folks believed Ellis was Elvis since his vocals sounded that way. But it only lasted awhile (late 70's/early 1980's) before folks realized it wasn't really Elvis. Sadly for Ellis he would be shot and killed in 1998 running his pawn shop.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

London album news.

We Came As Romans singer Kyle Pavone has died at the age of 28.
    The cause of death has been announced as an "accidental drug overdose".

Rock Goddess will release the album This Time on October 5th via Bite You To Death Records / Cargo Records.
    The album's release has been pushed back to February 22nd, 2019 due to "illness, manufacturing and scheduling factors".

Cancer album news.

Skull Fist album news.

The new Witherfall album will be called A Prelude To Sorrow. It will be released on November 2nd. Full Details

Queensryche lineup news.

Candlemass lineup news.

Threshold live album news.

Doro lineup news for her Progpower USA concert.

The new Rock Candy Records slate of reissued releases includes 3 albums by Saigon Kick. Here's the full list.