Page 3 of 377 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Ratt drummer Bobby Blotzer lays it bare on what it is like to deal with Stephen Pearcy HERE.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm not calling Blotzer a liar or anything, but the vibe I got off of recent Ratt was like that of Motley Crue. It wasn't one person poisoning the band. They were a group of guys who pretty much all hated each other, but tried to work together because they needed the money.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I'm not calling Blotzer a liar or anything, but the vibe I got off of recent Ratt was like that of Motley Crue. It wasn't one person poisoning the band. They were a group of guys who pretty much all hated each other, but tried to work together because they needed the money.
    Given that they can't be making all that much money to begin with, I'd tend to agree with you that they need every bit they can get.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

This is kind of crazy, Apparently Slayer makes about $50,000 per night, but the band members only take home around $1,000 each per show, and out of the value of the tour barely any makes it to the guys. I know there is a lot of drama over there lately, but this is really surprising. They're certainly not Metallica level of household name, but they're a pretty prominent metal band and in the top tier of classic bands still active. I wonder if this is a typical % share for a band, or if these guys are being taken to the cleaners.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/..._per_show.html

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    This is kind of crazy, Apparently Slayer makes about $50,000 per night, but the band members only take home around $1,000 each per show, and out of the value of the tour barely any makes it to the guys. I know there is a lot of drama over there lately, but this is really surprising. They're certainly not Metallica level of household name, but they're a pretty prominent metal band and in the top tier of classic bands still active. I wonder if this is a typical % share for a band, or if these guys are being taken to the cleaners.

Damn, that is pretty sad. Must be lots of overhead if the band is barely seeing anything.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

If true, that is seriously messed up. I can't imagine the band would continue touring for so little each show. They have families to support.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Damn, that is pretty sad. Must be lots of overhead if the band is barely seeing anything.
    I suspect there are a lot of middle men. Granted, I don't know much about the details of the industry, but it seems like the layers of business folks are robbing the band blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    If true, that is seriously messed up. I can't imagine the band would continue touring for so little each show. They have families to support.
    according to the article, it sounds like Tom Araya and Kerry King got paid off a lump sum by their management company or whoever is taking it in. Pretty crappy they seem to have left Lombardo out. They seem to be a hot mess over there.

I'd be more inclined to believe this report if it wasn't from a guy fired from the band.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

The Libertines are doing a series of lucrative gigs in the summer which tends to prove that the band as we knew them should have remained dead and buried as this pisses over the ethos of what made The Libertines one of the last great punk bands.This was a band who had one of the most amazing relationships with fans and are now cashing in because Carl Barat and Pete Doherty need the money. At least the Pistols admitted they were only doing it for the cash from the off when they toured in 1996.

It's also been 20 years since Britpop and the horrors it brought with bands like Marion, Menswear and the execrable bands that came in at the fagend of the scene like Kula Shaker and Gay Dad with many of these bands still grinding out a living on the festival circuit. Thankfully it does mean some of the great bands like Suede are being appreciated again, and McAlmont and Butler have reformed to do a series of gigs which means one of the greatest pop songs of the 90's get's to be played live again.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I'd be more inclined to believe this report if it wasn't from a guy fired from the band.
    I'd take it with a grain of salt, but being he's a founding member and has been in the band for years, I'm sure there's something to it.

Member in Disguise

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but being he's a founding member and has been in the band for years, I'm sure there's something to it.
    Why does it seem like it's always the drummer airing the band's dirty laundry? Blotzer, Lombardo, Rockenfeld, Peter Criss...
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Why does it seem like it's always the drummer airing the band's dirty laundry? Blotzer, Lombardo, Rockenfeld, Peter Criss...
    Everybody airs the dirty laundry, seems kind of unfair to blame it all on the drummers.

You can read more on the Queensryche settlement details HERE!

Everybody airs the dirty laundry, seems kind of unfair to blame it all on the drummers.
    I don't care who's doing the airing as long as we keep getting the dirt. It's awful in a respect, but I like knowing what goes on behind the curtain sometimes.

The new CD from The Babys will be called I'll Have Some of That. It will be released in June.
    The album is due out June 24th via Skyrocket Ent./All In Time Records.