Page 306 of 379 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5679

David Lee Roth says he's retiring.

The North American part of the Testament / Exodus / Death Angel tour has been postponed to 2022.

Fit For An Autopsy album news.

The Unity live album news.

Imperial Triumphant album news.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 10-11-2021 at 04:19 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Savatage's Jon Oliva has been arrested on DUI and possession of cocaine. Article Link.

The mug shot is pretty horrifying and I am so mad at this news. They are my favorite band and I can't believe Jon would do something so stupid. If for no other reason than he's already had a stroke that he is supposedly still recovering from and I can't imagine cocaine is in the regiment of medications he must be on.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Circle Jerks bassist Zander Schloss debut solo album news.

Devildriver lineup news.

Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner is apparently lucky to be alive. He shared the news today that the cardiac event he had was an aortic aneurysm and complete aortic dissection. You can read more here!.

Here's an interview with Mickey Guyton.

All Hail The Yeti EP news.

Battle Beast album news.

The new Sabaton album will be called The War To End All Wars. It is due out March 4th, 2022 via Nuclear Blast Records. Full Details.

AAAA1st29.jpg

Tina Turner has sold the rights to her music catalog.

Can't believe this crap is still going on: Suicidal Tendencies lost access to their Instagram account for three weeks due to their band name. Article Link.

The Cassette Chronicles #183 - Culture Club - Colour By Numbers

ACD2.jpg

Kix drummer Jimmy "Chocolate" Chalfant is recovering from a heart attack.

Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner has been discharged from the hospital following his heart surgery.

Former Whitesnake guitarist Bernie Marsden album news.

The Three Tremors album news.

Clutch has postponed shows due to positive Covid tests.

Vandenberg lineup news.

Ill Nino lineup news

Here's an interview with country singer Cody Johnson.

Here's an interview with Florida Georgia Line's Brian Kelley.

The Ohio State marching band paid tribute to the music of Rush at halftime of the football game today. Article Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    David Lee Roth says he's retiring.
    Mercifully, Dave has received the message & we wish him well with whatever time he has left with us. Thanks for the good times. Godspeed with whatever comes next.

Wonder if he'll come out of the closet now that the final curtain bow is in sight...allegedly?

Savatage's Jon Oliva has been arrested on DUI and possession of cocaine. Article Link.

The mug shot is pretty horrifying and I am so mad at this news. They are my favorite band and I can't believe Jon would do something so stupid. If for no other reason than he's already had a stroke that he is supposedly still recovering from and I can't imagine cocaine is in the regiment of medications he must be on.
    <SIGH> He's WAY too old for this kind of behavior. His excuses of past R&R lifestyle choices is quite hollow at this stage of this life. He's still a junkie & just might get his ticket punched before Roth.

DUI, cocaine & Florida & a burnt out old man that thinks he's still a rock star...now that's a party!

Tina Turner has sold the rights to her music catalog.
    Now this lady has seen some serious **** in her life. So at 81 years old, she's cashing out to the tune of $50 Million?

Seems like a bargain for everything including her music, likeness & name. https://www.thenationalnews.com/busi...g-in-50m-deal/
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 10-10-2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Drunken, coked-out 60yr old Florida "rock star".

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Now this lady has seen some serious **** in her life. So at 81 years old, she's cashing out to the tune of $50 Million?

Seems like a bargain for everything including her music, likeness & name. https://www.thenationalnews.com/busi...g-in-50m-deal/
    It is an interesting trend among those who own some serious royalties in music, I expect will further flourish.
    Obviously the "likeness" part believes there is a booming market for hologram concerts in the future of these past icons. I know the Dio "project" was heavily criticized, but ABBA seems to be going that way as well. As someone who has hardly seen any concert, I can say this does not make me change my pattern, and with the new generation, not even knowing who these legends were, would they flock to see these hologram versions?

What I've been mostly wondering about is how these buyouts are going to affect the "domain" properties. Right now, the estate still receives revenues (royalties) 50 years past the death of these legends (songwriters) after which the songs fall into domain so everyone can use them. But what happens when someone buys them like in this case? Does that mean as long as the company is around those songs will not fall into the domain, or they still "only" have 50 years to milk the cow, so to speak?
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 10-10-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Scott Koenig, the former manager of Biohazard and Fear Factory, has passed away.

Interviews

Country singer Yola

Country singer Willie Jones

Sabaton singer Joakim Broden

Deon Estus, who was the bassist for Wham! and George Michael, has passed away.

Smash Mouth singer Steve Harwell has reportedly retired from the band after a concert in New York on Sunday that saw the singer slurring words and yelling at the audience.

Coachella has updated their Covid policy for the 2022 edition of the event. Article Link.

Asia box set news.

Band Of Horses album news.

Vanilla Fudge singer/keyboardist Mark Stein will release his debut solo album There's A Light on November 26th via Deko Entertainment. Details.

01. We Are One
    02. Ball Of Confusion
    03. We Are Survivors
    04. Lyin'
    05. Racism
    06. All Lives Matter
    07. Let's Pray For Peace
    08. People Got to Be Free
    09. Break It Down
    10. America The Beautiful

AAAA1st28.jpg

Ex-Great White singer (and still the frontman for XYZ) Terry Ilous has launched a new band called Land of Gypsies. The band's self-titled debut album will be released December 10th via Frontiers Music Srl. Details

01. Believe
    02. Shattered
    03. Trouble
    04. Give Me Love
    05. Somewhere Down The Line
    06. Rescue Me
    07. Ordinary Man
    08. Run Away
    09. Long Summer Day
    10. Rambling Man
    11. Get It Right

AAAA1st29.jpg