Page 48 of 379 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

The four studio and one live Yngwie Malmsteen albums released on Polydor are being reissued in a four CD box set called Now Your Ships Are Burned. The set is due for release February 23rd in Europe and March 3rd in the US. You can read the full details HERE.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The four studio and one live Yngwie Malmsteen albums released on Polydor are being reissued in a four CD box set called Now Your Ships Are Burned. The set is due for release February 23rd in Europe and March 3rd in the US. You can read the full details HERE.
    Not a massive fan to be honest. Although I did quite enjoy 'Odyssey'.

Malmsteen has a terrible critical reputation here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Not a massive fan to be honest. Although I did quite enjoy 'Odyssey'.

Malmsteen has a terrible critical reputation here in the UK.
    I loved the Odyssey CD since I really enjoy Joe Lynn Turner's voice. "Riot in the Dungeons" is one of my favorite Yngwie tracks. But supposedly Malmsteen hates the album, despite it being the most commercially successful album he's had.

And I can't think of anywhere that Malmsteen has a good reputation. But he's a phenomenal player. I wouldn't say that I'm a MASSIVE fan of his, but I do own a lot of his material. Of course, it has been a while since I've gave it a listen.

Buying this new release might be a good idea considering the versions of the albums I have are all cassettes.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

From Classic Rock Revisited.com:

"Former Crosby, Stills, Nash And Young drummer Dallas Taylor has died at the age of 66. Taylor drummed on Crosby Stills And Nash's debut album after becoming friends with Stephen Stills and stayed with the band when they added Neil Young and became CSNY.

He went on to play on Still's 1970 solo album and joined him in the group Manassas. He also played with Van Morrison during the course of an impressive career behind the kit.

His wife Patti Mcgovern-Taylor broke the news via Facebook. She wrote: "This morning at 2:30 am I lost the love of my life Dallas W Taylor. He came into my life almost 18 years ago and saved me as much as I may have saved him.

"To me he was just a good man, a good friend, a good father, a good grandfather or Pop Pop, a great drummer and much beloved by many. I cannot even find the words to put down to say how grateful I am for the many friends and family who have been there for both of us these many days he has spent in the hospital, especially last night."

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Why does Malmsteen have a bad reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    He's been impossibly arrogant at times. And there was an infamous recording of him flipping out on another passenger on an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    He's thought of as being an outstanding guitarist from a technical standpoint but far too overwrought and egotistic. He's considered a terrible songwriter also.

I remember reading a review in Kerrang! magazine in the early 90's (at the time the biggest Metal magazine in the UK by some distance). It was for an album called 'Fire & Ice'. They described it as 'mind-bogglingly tedious' or something similar. Never heard it so I can't say one way or the other.

Glenn Hughes explains the demise of California Breed HERE!

The new Agnostic Front CD The American Dream Died is due out April 4th via Nuclear Blast Records.

01. Intro
    02. The American Died
    03. Police Violence
    04. Only In America
    05. Test Of Time
    06. We Walk The Line
    07. Never Walk Alone (feat. Freddy Cricien, Toby Morse, Lou Koller)
    08. Enough Is Enough
    09. I Can't Relate
    10. Old New York
    11. Social Justice
    12. Reasonable Doubt
    13. No War Fuck You
    14. Attack!
    15. A Wise Man
    16. Just Like Yesterday

KISS has officially released their collaboration with Momoiro Clover Z (a HUGE girl band in Japan).

the video is all kinds of fun, and the song is pretty good.

this is the version Japan gets, with MCZ getting main vocals and KISS singing backup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJZ...yer_detailpage

I prefer the American version of the song, with KISS (Paul) singing lead in English, and MCZ doing backups.

in English the song is called "Samurai Son" and tho not officially released here yet, here's a fan video of the American version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUs...yt-cl=84359240

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

The North American dates for the Rush "R40 Live" 40th anniversary tour are HERE.

Hinder has hired Marshal Dutton as their new lead singer replacing Nolan Neal.

You can check out the new Motley Crue song "All Bad Things" via this Youtube link.

The new Shania Twain live release Shania: Still The One Live From Vegas is due out March 3rd. Details

I wouldn't mind going to see Rush. Just to go. I've never been to one of their shows. But, of course, they aren't playing Cleveland this tour.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I wouldn't mind going to see Rush. Just to go. I've never been to one of their shows. But, of course, they aren't playing Cleveland this tour.
    I wanted to go and see them on the 'Clockwork Angels' tour. Like you I've never seen them, despite them being one of my all-time favourite bands. It was far too expensive though. Even by modern standards the ticket prices were just completely taking the piss.

Seems like a lot of other people thought the same. Rush ended up not being able to sell out a UK tour for the first time since before the 'Hemispheres' period. Some dates had quite large empty sections apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I'm with you on this idea Don C. It isn't that I'm a huge fan of the band but I like a number of their more radio friendly songs and with the band coming off as unsure about future plans, this might be the time to actually catch them live. And they are coming to my area.

But as WillieMorgan suggests, everything will come down to ticket prices.

Asking Alexandria has split with singer Danny Worsnop. Details

You can check out the lyric video for the new Revolution Saints track "Way To The Sun" via this Youtube link.