Page 53 of 379 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Here's an interview with Revolution Saints guitarist Doug Aldrich.

Samael has split with bassist Christophe "Mas" Mermod and have replaced him with former Sybreed bassist Thomas "Drop" Betrisey.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Jettblack CD Disguises is due out via Cherry Records on April 6th.

1. Slaves
    2. Explode
    3. Poison Rain
    4. Evidence
    5. Disguises
    6. Broken Bones
    7. Black And White
    8. Kick In The Teeth
    9. Enemy
    10. Human
    11. Smoke And Mirrors

You can check out the new FM video "Digging Up The Dirt" via this Youtube link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Whitesnake's new studio album will be released in Europe on May 15th and in North America on May 19th via Frontiers Music SRL. Entitled The Purple Album, the disc pays tribute to the songs David Coverdale was a part of during his time in Deep Purple.

01. Burn
    02. You Fool No One (interpolating Itchy Fingers)
    03. Love Child
    04. Sail Away
    05. The Gypsy
    06. Lady Double Dealer
    07. Mistreated
    08. Holy Man
    09. Might Just Take Your Life
    10. You Keep On Moving
    11. Soldier Of Fortune
    12. Lay Down Stay Down
    13. Stormbringer

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:

14. Lady Luck
    15. Comin' Home

DVD content:

* "Lady Double Dealer" - Music Video
    * "Sail Away" - Mix Music Video
    * "Stormbringer" - Music Video
    * "Soldier Of Fortune" - Music Video
    * "The Purple Album" Behind The Scenes
    * "The Purple Album" EPK

You can see the video for "Stormbringer" via this Youtube link

This news kind of bums me out. I have to wonder why in the world Coverdale would do this kind of album as a first release featuring new guitarist Joel Hoekstra.

I mean, I can hear the original Deep Purple songs featured on this disc any time I want.

I have to wonder if somehow the songwriting muse failed everyone in the band or something. I mean, at least when Hoekstra was in Night Ranger, they were releasing NEW music.

Here's an interview with Scott Gorham of Black Star Riders.

Sanctuary has split with guitarist Brad Hull and hired Nick Cordle (ex-Arch Enemy, ex-Arsis) in his place.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

This news kind of bums me out. I have to wonder why in the world Coverdale would do this kind of album as a first release featuring new guitarist Joel Hoekstra.

I mean, I can hear the original Deep Purple songs featured on this disc any time I want.

I have to wonder if somehow the songwriting muse failed everyone in the band or something. I mean, at least when Hoekstra was in Night Ranger, they were releasing NEW music.
    I know. This is so, so disappointing.

I understand that the band might be in a state of flux after Aldrich's departure but this is the last thing the world needs. I think we'd all have been quite happy to wait a little longer and allow Coverdale and Hoekstra time to gel and create new music together.

Coverdale recently covered the Whitesnake classic 'Trouble' (the title track from Whitesnake's 1978 debut album, real Whitesnake from the years before Coverdale American-ized the band) on Bernie Marsden's recent solo album and it wasn't a patch on the original. I highly doubt these will be either. If you absolutely must hear Whitesnake cover Deep Purple then you can hear them perform both 'Might Just Take Your Life' and 'Mistreated' on the seminal 1980 'Live In The Heart Of The City' album to much greater effect.

Emphatically not buying this.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 02-25-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Battle Beast has split with guitarist Anton Kabanen. Details

A rather huge change in the release of new music was announced today. Beginning sometime this summer, all new music releases will be released WORLDWIDE on Fridays. You can read more HERE!

Queensryche has been announced as the support act for The Scorpions summer tour. Details

John Lodge of the Moody Blues will release his solo album 10,000 Light Years Ago on May 4th in the UK and May 5th in North America via Esoteric Antenna / Cherry Red Records Group. (Canadian distribution via MVD Entertainment.)

Here's the track listing:

01. In My Mind
    02. Those Days in Birmingham
    03. Simply Magic
    04. Get Me Out of Here
    05. Love Passed Me By
    06. Crazy
    07. Lose Your Love
    08. 10,000 Light Years Ago

The new Magnum live CD Escape From The Shadow Garden - Live 2014! is due out May 6th via SPV/Steamhammer. Details

The new Night Flight Orchestra CD will be called Skyline Whispers. It is due out late spring via Coroner Records.

Helloween will have their new albm My God-Given Right out May 29th via Nuclear Blast Records.

Didn't even know Helloween was working on a new disc.

And I might have to spring for that deluxe Kamelot set. That sounds sweet.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Bad Company will release 2 disc deluxe editions of their first two albums on April 7th. Details

Battle Beast has split with guitarist Anton Kabanen. Details
    As predicted before, the only thing stopping this band from claiming the title of the Best Melodic Metal Band ever, is themselves. We might get two great thing out of this split but I'm mostly curious how much Kabanen influenced the Bands sound so far. Saying to want to make music without compromise is cliche, however their main appeal was great songs, great arrangements, and of course Noora's vocals. I do agree with Kabanen in his desire to plan everything out. That's what arrangements are. It would be too bad if both tribes fade back to obscurity over this.

Noora was a trade up, perhaps the new guitarist will be too, but who'll write the songs?
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Crashdiet has split with singer Simon Cruz. Details

Korn is being sued by their original drummer David Silveira. Details

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Korn is being sued by their original drummer David Silveira. Details
    Dang, this is kind of sad to watch. I've been following the Silveria/Korn drama for the last couple years. Silveria started it by posting some actually really interesting behind the scenes stories of the early days, and he makes great points, but then in his next breath he sticks his foot in his mouth and insults the band. I feel bad for the dude because he clearly wants to reconnect with them, and frankly, they would be much better off with him on drums as I find Luzier to be a generic bore, but I can't blame the band for not wanting him back after the constant public insults.

"Take me back. Fine, you guys suck, anyway! But really, I am a better fit, and it would be great to reconnect. Sheesh, your new music sucks and you guys are lazy. You need me!"

The new Stryper album is due out in late 2015 via Frontiers. It will be called Fallen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Dang, this is kind of sad to watch. I've been following the Silveria/Korn drama for the last couple years. Silveria started it by posting some actually really interesting behind the scenes stories of the early days, and he makes great points, but then in his next breath he sticks his foot in his mouth and insults the band. I feel bad for the dude because he clearly wants to reconnect with them, and frankly, they would be much better off with him on drums as I find Luzier to be a generic bore, but I can't blame the band for not wanting him back after the constant public insults.

"Take me back. Fine, you guys suck, anyway! But really, I am a better fit, and it would be great to reconnect. Sheesh, your new music sucks and you guys are lazy. You need me!"
    This reminds me of the delusional Steven Adler stuff. Like he will get angry at Axl Rose some times and blast him for things. Then later proclaim that if G'n'R reunited with the AFD lineup they'd rule . But as Rose said years ago online , he has ran into Adler and tries to be nice. That he will always be nice to the guy when Steven pushes him about a reunion .But the simple fact was as him and other members brought up , Adler got hooked on drugs real bad and he never recovered at all. That he couldn't play the new material on Use your Illusion and had to be replaced.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This reminds me of the delusional Steven Adler stuff. Like he will get angry at Axl Rose some times and blast him for things. Then later proclaim that if G'n'R reunited with the AFD lineup they'd rule . But as Rose said years ago online , he has ran into Adler and tries to be nice. That he will always be nice to the guy when Steven pushes him about a reunion .But the simple fact was as him and other members brought up , Adler got hooked on drugs real bad and he never recovered at all. That he couldn't play the new material on Use your Illusion and had to be replaced.
    Yeah, I can see some of that similarity, though I haven't heard of any issues with Silveria's playing, just his attitude pissing everyone off, heh. I wish they would make up, though, because I would love to see that reunion tour with the classic songs by the classic lineup. God knows Korn hasn't made a good album in over 10 years and could use the boost, IMO.