• Blade

9 4.35%
  • Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

2 0.97%
  • Ty Johnson/Cloak

2 0.97%
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Which black Marvel villain do you see turning away from the villain life this year in comics? Malice? Scorcher? ...Mr. Fish? Who?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Which black Marvel villain do you see turning away from the villain life this year in comics? Malice? Scorcher? ...Mr. Fish? Who?
    malice is dead so it wont be her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm, hands down. It's hard to believe Black Panther is even close in the poll. If it weren't for the MCU...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Storm's a great heroine. It just sucks she's been so misused over the last decade. If she's not wallpaper, she's being shown as incompetent. Sad she's one of the few characters who've fallen off the hardest.

Followed by Monet. whom Marvel won't let stay black. She's towing that line in Weapon X-Force right now.
    WXF -Brown Monet-2.jpg
    WXF -White Monet.jpg
    She's clearly brown / black in a good few panels, but she got progressively lighter by the end of the chapter. lol

I am glad to add Blink to the BSH list. She's always been great, but having her confirmed as black was really nice, And Exiles seems to be a good book for Black Superheroes, what with 3 major black leads. Haven't seen much of him, but I am already loving cowboy T'Challa.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-25-2018 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd like to see more original characters. No more Black Goliaths, or Spider Men, Novas, or Captain Americas.
    Agreed new characters, and please no "Black" in their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Agreed new characters, and please no "Black" in their names.
    Well you see what happens when there's a Blue Marvel? All but maybe one writer tries to use him creatively and all the rest of Marvel turns their collective noses up at the character.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quick roll call: Name all of the African American characters currently appearing in an ongoing title. I'm thinking of putting together a poster.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-28-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Misty Knight. I always wanted to be Pam Grier when I was little. I’m going to put my favorite heroes and villains, because they all don’t get their due.
    Spectrum
    Deadly Nightshade
    Black Panther (T’Challa)
    Doctor Voodoo
    Moses Magnum
    Storm
    Cecilia Reyes
    Black Mariah
    FalCap
    Silhouette
    Cage
    Cloak
    Blue Marvel (thank you, MA & Ultimates)
    Black Goliath
    White Tiger
    Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well you see what happens when there's a Blue Marvel? All but maybe one writer tries to use him creatively and all the rest of Marvel turns their collective noses up at the character.
    I think it has less to do with that and more to do with having a very powerful person at the company associated with the character. It brings a sense of stability. Bendis is linked with Miles and Riri and was Marvels' superstar for how many years? Or sometimes something happens outside the company that can't be denied. Blade was just Blade until Snipes and G oyer made him Blade.

As for other heroes of color? The new Nova was created by Loeb who is a very big deal in Marvels' TV's department and wrote a lot of great stuff as well. I prefer Ms Marvel in Champions, so I barely have any exposure to Willow but her other creator is Sana Amanat to keep her front and center.

I have no idea who the creator of Blue Marvel is without using search.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-29-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Forgot Blade
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I have no idea who the creator of Blue Marvel is without using search.
    That is more do to his creator being more famous for something called the Underworld films.

Well you see what happens when there's a Blue Marvel?
    A lot of times it's down to someone being allowed to use that person.

How much Blue Marvel material do you have out there versus Falcon or Cage or Miles?

Or sometimes something happens outside the company that can't be denied
    That varies as John Stewart, Static, Tim Drake and a LOT of guys at DC can point out.

Cyborg & Vixen are on tv shows with Vixen having her own-yet where is she in comics? Especially with so many black female lead books out there? Marvel & Image have left DC in the dust.

Look at how badly the Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Bart Allen, Static, Jaime Reyes, Conner Hawke & Young Justice generation has been ruined by DC. Over 700 solo issues, Static Shock & Young Justice.

Meanwhile The Champions have moved up.

hi there loves.

spreading the word about a petition to affirm work done by current black panther writer Ta-nahesi Coates.

just made it 100 signatures.

now.. will you help us get to 200??? please sign if you have not already done so and continue to share with friends and family.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Black Panther #10 Jul 1978
    This World Shall Die!
    Black Panther returns to Wakanda

just in time to stop the now-inhuman Jakarra

from destroying the Vibranium mound and causing earth-wide devastation.

Script and pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

hello everyone just giving you a status update on the petition. we have just crossed the 200 signature threshold now on to 500!!! please continue to share and if you have not please sign!!

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever

Mighty Member

If you were even free reign on updating a classic black villain or villainess' outfit for their fleshing up re-appearance, tell me, what sort of suit design would you create? For that matter, which black vill's look would you want to change?

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Is Falcon appearing in any books currently? He and Steve need to bury the hatchet and rebuild their friendship, or at least have him and Bucky teaming up again.