• Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

2 0.97%
  • Ty Johnson/Cloak

2 0.97%
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Black Superhero Appreciation

Black Avengers.jpg

With all the great news coming from Marvel (a Black Panther movie, the return of Brother Voodoo, Sam Wilson getting so much exposure, Storm having her own ongoing etc.) I think it might be nice to have a thread appreciating all the different black superheroes that Marvel has to offer. One of the reasons I started to get into comics was because of the increase diversity it was showing (Mighty Avengers 2013 was my first comic). And I've been so happy ever since! Frankly, my favorite would have to be Eli Bradley (Patriot) and I hope Marvel brings him back very soon. I did some searching, and there wasn't a thread appreciating all of the black heroes in one. (I'm still new to the forum, so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds).

This is a thread for ALL black superheroes, in every Marvel universe!

Does Sun Girl count?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Does Sun Girl count?

I don't see why not. She looks so cool, I'll have to check out some of the stuff she's in

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I don't see why not. She looks so cool, I'll have to check out some of the stuff she's in
    She's in the New Warriors book (Ending next issue) and was in 3 issues of Superior Spider-Man Team Up. She's Bi-Racial.

She's honestly my favorite part of the New Warriors book.

What the hell? Some fanart:

Artist page: http://cheshire-no-neko.deviantart.com/

Fantastic Member

Sweet!

Speaking of which, did you hear about the Gambit movie they're making? I was kind of hoping they'd make a Storm movie. I mean, out of all the X-men, Storm is the one with one of the biggest pulls. I mean, there are people who don't even know about X-men who've heard of Storm, and with the Marvel, DC, and other studios taking the time to be more inclusive with their franchises, I think Storm might have been a better bet (a film about a woman of color.)

There is so much untapped potential to that character, it's criminal how underused she is.

Same thing with Monica Rambeau and Misty Knight.

Sweet!

Speaking of which, did you hear about the Gambit movie they're making? I was kind of hoping they'd make a Storm movie. I mean, out of all the X-men, Storm is the one with one of the biggest pulls. I mean, there are people who don't even know about X-men who've heard of Storm, and with the Marvel, DC, and other studios taking the time to be more inclusive with their franchises, I think Storm might have been a better bet (a film about a woman of color.)

There is so much untapped potential to that character, it's criminal how underused she is.

Same thing with Monica Rambeau and Misty Knight.
    Storm is difficult cause Hallie Berry was apparently difficult on set. They may try to recast her. I think the only way Storm will get her film is if Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and the female Spider-Man movie (We don't know the lead yet) take off, sending the message that female heroes can sell. Though then you'd have to see if it's Storm who will get the film or Rogue/other popular X-Man.

Monica and Misty are cool. I'm sure Misty will be in one of the Netflix shows. Maybe Iron Fist.

AWESOME idea for a thread (though I wish it had a poll to vote for our favourites). For me the three greatest black superheroes of all time:

1st. DOCTOR VOODOO [Dr. Jericho Drumm, M.D.]

2nd. STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

3rd. CENTURIUS [Dr. Noah Black]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 11-01-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Does African = Black?

Actual serious question. Do REAL/ACTUAL African-Americans actually consider themselves "black?"

(and who did that art on the original post? It is awful)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Nice thread. I am also a fan of Eli Bradley and hope for his return soon.

I'm also excited for the possibility of Black Panther/Falcon/Iron Patriot team up in Cap 3.

BANNED

Ororo Munroe aka Storm

BANNED

Bishop is awesome!

M too

BANNED

Check out Falcons Infinite Comic Here:https://www.comixology.com/All-New-C...JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

It's off to an outstanding start! It's ale doing very well at capturing Sam's character.

One of the reasons I started to get into comics was because of the increase diversity it was showing (Mighty Avengers 2013 was my first comic).
    Wow, REALLY??

And people say books and decisions like this don't work with trying to get new readers.

BANNED

Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-01-2014 at 11:08 AM.