9 4.35%
  • Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

2 0.97%
  • Ty Johnson/Cloak

2 0.97%
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Sunspot is slowing becoming a favorite. His father's origins is also as intriguing as Roberto is.
    Even though Adan Canto is hot,it irks me that Singer cast a fuxin Mexican as Sunspot,when he is supposed to be Brazilian. Latinos and Hispanics come in different colors. I should know- Dominican

Sunspot was Afro-Brazillian

Niffleheim

Wow! I didn't even know that Sunspot was already portrayed in the movie. I started reading New Mutants last month and I still haven't finished yet lol! Thank god I didn't realize it coz I have been soo used to how he looks in the comics that Adan Canto would have just taken me out of his scenes. I'm sure that's how Nick Fury fans feel about their favorite character.

What is Sunspot's status currently in the marvel comic universe? Is his father still part of the Hellfire's Club?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Rhodet.jpg
    rho.jpg

Has Rhodey been appreciated yet? I really love this character, and its a shame so many people forget about him. He was great in Iron Man, and I nearly did a backflip when I saw him in the AoU clip (I really hope he, Nick Fury, and Sam, have a really big part in that movie).

I was so upset when the Iron Patriot book go cancelled so soon.

Fantastic Member

Lila.jpg

Also, Lila Rhodes. Does anyone think she'll make another appearance. I really loved her in Iron Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eventually Kurt Busiek chimed in to say Delroy's name was based on a real person he knew.
    Not someone I know, no.

But if I'm remembering the conversation you're referring to, the guy said "Delroy" was a name more appropriate for someone who was Triathlon's age in the 1970s, and I pointed out that Triathlon is Delroy Garrett Jr., so his father would have been named that and been around that age in the 1970s.

He responded that no one Triathlon's age would be named that at the time the books were coming out, so I pointed to several real people named Delroy who were in their twenties or thirties when Triathlon was introduced. As I recall, several of them were professional athletes.

Basically, it seems that Delroy is a name that suggests that the family may have an Afro-Caribbean heritage, and the guy who didn't like the name had a different heritage, so he didn't see the name anywhere around him.

That made it ring false to him, but so it goes.

He also, as I recall, said Delroy was an inner-city kid, and when I pointed out that he's from the Philly suburbs, he said that I never put that in a story. So I quoted the story I put it in.

In the long run, though, he doesn't like the character and he doesn't have to.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Not someone I know, no.

But if I'm remembering the conversation you're referring to, the guy said "Delroy" was a name more appropriate for someone who was Triathlon's age in the 1970s, and I pointed out that Triathlon is Delroy Garrett Jr., so his father would have been named that and been around that age in the 1970s.

He responded that no one Triathlon's age would be named that at the time the books were coming out, so I pointed to several real people named Delroy who were in their twenties or thirties when Triathlon was introduced. As I recall, several of them were professional athletes.

Basically, it seems that Delroy is a name that suggests that the family may have an Afro-Caribbean heritage, and the guy who didn't like the name had a different heritage, so he didn't see the name anywhere around him.

He also, as I recall, said Delroy was an inner-city kid, and when I pointed out that he's from the Philly suburbs, he said that I never put that in a story. So I quoted the story I put it in.

kdb
    Ouch! I guess I remembered that part wrong. I was just struck by how he wanted to claim that the character was a outdated racist stereotype and when it was pointed out to him that the character wasn't, he still wouldn't let it go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Not someone I know, no.

kdb
    Kurt, what is your opinion on Delroy taking the 3-D man mantel? I you had the characters roots in the 3-D Man mythos but do you prefer him as Triathlon, in his own garb, or as
    3-D Man, taking up his mantel and tights?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Lila.jpg

Also, Lila Rhodes. Does anyone think she'll make another appearance. I really loved her in Iron Patriot
    who is Lila Rhodes?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is Lila Rhodes?
    She is Rhodey's niece, she played a pretty big role in Iron Patriot.

Fantastic Member

And a few more:

Askari
    265141-165522-askari-the-spear.jpg

Tempest, previously known as Angel, former Xavier's school pupil turned New Warrior
    TempestAngelSalvadore.jpg

Wildstreak
    90900-5075-wildstreak.jpg

Fantastic Member

John Wraith
    1987938-john_wraith_two_kinds_of_hell_wolverine_1.jpg

Hammer of the Wild Pack/Six Pack
    111474-126646-hammer.jpg

Splice of the Young Gods
    splice.jpg

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And a few more:

Askari
    265141-165522-askari-the-spear.jpg
    I cant believe they actually called a character Askari lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

This cover is EVERYTHING!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Fantastic Member

Genii of the Young Gods
    geniiyoung1.jpg

Clarion and Twilight of X-Nation
    x-nation_1.jpg

Anarchist of X-Statix
    anarchiste-l_0.jpg

Fantastic Member

The Spike, also of X-Statix
    spike4.jpg

And a different Spyke. Okay, not regular Marvel universe, but if the kids from Next Avengers can make it into 616, why not Storm's nephew? After all, she recently discovered her American family.
    220px-Spyke.jpg

And speaking of Next Avengers, Azari, son of the Black Panther and Storm. And he is still (last I checked) present in 616.
    1231912-azari_01.jpg