Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member teardropmina's Avatar

"Fans wide and far are curious, will your rumored 3 yr run"...

yeah, where did this rumor come from, and how widely known?? certainly we only see it just now~~

I hope it does! haha Here's my Twitter exchange...she's LOVELY!!!!
    Wonderman and friend.jpg
    WonderFinch.jpg
    Wonderfinch2.jpg
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-01-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm trying to get clarification as to where this "rumor" came from. I'll update again if I hear back from Wonder Woman Fans.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

I don't know how far her current contract runs, but I'd bet that it doesn't go any further then the "convergence"

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    If she took a drastic measure to go full cheesecake, Messner-Loebs, and Marston bondage theme, she'd remove some fans, bring back others, and than add some; the sales would surge and those fans she would attract are loyal enough to allow her run to go 3 years and than some. I admit, she seems to be in a tough position, and between a rock and a hard place; she has to have some drastic change of taste coming up, or, I hope so, at least; I just hope she has plans to make Wonder Woman's main rogues, with the Good Doctor as the main antagonist of the run; I can't bare much more without him and them; if she goes this route, the sales should surge and plateau at an elevated level; if she's planning to mimic Azz, than it's hard to see how she pulls a 3 year run off, but, only time will tell.
    We'll see how she does. David will bring in some fans, however you feel about him, it's clear he has a following. Azzarello brought in his fan base and managed to have better sales than anyone on WW in a very long time so I think Meredith is going to go into this with some aggressive sales goals. I suspect we'll see a surge for at least a couple of issues since that is fairly normal when a new creative team comes in ... From there it'll depend on how well she writes. David's fans who aren't necessarily WW fans will likely drop off unless Meredith's writing keeps them interested. Us diehards are rather divided, some want a return to the old and others want something new. Personally I don't see how she is going to succeed by reverting to much into pre-52 days or by being overly influenced by editorial and/or David. One of my concerns with the early interviews is that he seems to be getting a lot of freedom to draw what he wants (i.e. big splash pages) and she's writing around his artistic whims. I suppose if your a big fan of his work that'll be great, but for those of us who prefer story-driven comics that could prove problematic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    We'll see how she does. David will bring in some fans, however you feel about him, it's clear he has a following. Azzarello brought in his fan base and managed to have better sales than anyone on WW in a very long time so I think Meredith is going to go into this with some aggressive sales goals. I suspect we'll see a surge for at least a couple of issues since that is fairly normal when a new creative team comes in ... From there it'll depend on how well she writes. David's fans who aren't necessarily WW fans will likely drop off unless Meredith's writing keeps them interested. Us diehards are rather divided, some want a return to the old and others want something new. Personally I don't see how she is going to succeed by reverting to much into pre-52 days or by being overly influenced by editorial and/or David. One of my concerns with the early interviews is that he seems to be getting a lot of freedom to draw what he wants (i.e. big splash pages) and she's writing around his artistic whims. I suppose if your a big fan of his work that'll be great, but for those of us who prefer story-driven comics that could prove problematic.
    That's true; she could strive to keep David's fans on board, also. I guess they like something like cheesecake art. The writing would have to set that type of tone. Either way she goes, she's likely to shed some type of fans, so she'll have to go with the ones likely to prove most loyal who are less likely to complain. I'm more closely someone in the David fan base.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 11-02-2014 at 06:48 AM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I guarantee that if sales suck she won't last 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Finch could sell Batman, but WW is far away from being batman. Not even superman can do good sales with names like lobdell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Like Darius said though, its all dependent on sales anyway.
    I have no doubts that David Finch's name alone will carry this book to ~45k sales consistently, possibly as low as ~35k which is still enough to probably keep the creative team afloat.

The real question is, can David keep up w/ the schedule enough to make the book sell?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I think its going to be either 6 months or couple of years. Next year 2-month skip is likely to be a red line when DC will decide what creative teams/books stay and what are shuffled.

The real question is, can David keep up w/ the schedule enough to make the book sell?
    I think they'd do us all a favour if they announced who the fill in artist is going to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I have no doubts that David Finch's name alone will carry this book to ~45k sales consistently, possibly as low as ~35k which is still enough to probably keep the creative team afloat.

45K would be a very good number for Finch in a WW book. I really don't know how much he bring in sales, specially for a character like WW. I don't think he has a fanbase so strong like DC thinks.