Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - May 16, 2014

Axel Alonso gives his thoughts on the major presence comic book adaptations will have on network TV next season, the current state of Icon and more.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Strange answer considering Remender was denied the use of Voodoo at the start of Now. If his man crush was THAT influential, Voodoo would be around right now.

Congrats on getting your question answered Thanos!

Mike"Deathlok"Collins looks way to human!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Agreed. And do we really need another Deathlok?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Strange answer considering Remender was denied the use of Voodoo at the start of Now. If his man crush was THAT influential, Voodoo would be around right now.
    LAWL. Maybe his man crush is intensifying. Regardless, I'm glad he answered my question somewhat. Hopefully that man crush is strong enough to keep Voodoo away from Bendis.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Ultimate Member

Quoted in agreement.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Between DC's Cyborg and now Deathlok, what's with nominal cyborgs looking too human now? BORING.

Kinda done with Marvel gladhanding themselves over some mediocre television. If we want to talk TV shows, then that Gotham looks much more interesting by the play-it-by-numbers Agents of Shield.

New community and still it's the spidey616 questions that get picked in every single installment.

Hope there's more plans for the supernatural character moving forward, they're always a lot of fun.

Astonishing Member

interesting. so this "Fall" we've been hearing about since hickman started up is Disassembled 2.0?

As with just about everyone else I am in complete agreement with you. I hate when we convert comic book characters to their TV and movie looks which are never as "comic booky" its understandable why we might tone some looks down for live action (budget, actor constraints, practicality) but the signature looks from comic books are generally more fun, not to mention I feel like its disrespectful to fans since its nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Congrats on getting your question answered Thanos!
    Thanks man!

I agree, one of the cool things about deathlok was he was grotesque..basically a cyborg zombie..

wait is this collins or the new deathlok? Supposedly there will be 2

The art for Deathlok looks cool, but it would be cooler if he was more "corpse-like", instead of "bad-ass 90's scar over eye". I'm actually somewhat disappointed it's not that eye that's glowing.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Thanks man!

I agree, one of the cool things about deathlok was he was grotesque..basically a cyborg zombie..

wait is this collins or the new deathlok? Supposedly there will be 2
    It's a new Deathlok and I for one, have no problem with the more humanized look.

I read the original 1970's iteration of the character and enjoyed the edginess of the characterization and worldscape his tales were set within but we're now in a new era so the new look is fine.

"Alonso: Who's to say there will be an Avengers come May? Jonathan has some big plans ahead."

Yep. Marvel's really going to have no Avengers book the same month that Avengers 2 comes out. Suuuuuuuuure......

And they say this in the same column with a giant Deathlok picture on it and hinting that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." characters may pop up in the comics. But I guess playing stupid looks better than "We're relaunching it with a new #1 and an opening arc with Ultron in May because MOVIEZ!!!!!"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans