Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Reimagined for Earth-616

Regardless of how you feel about the show, how do you feel about the possibility of Phil Coulson's team being incorporated into Earth-616?

How would the characters be updated to fit into the comics?

Fitz and Simmons can fit easy, the rest not so much.

Astonishing Member

i think we'll need to wait for whatever skye is (inhuman?, eternal?, stable deviant? etc) before we cross that bridge

It's easy enough to support any of them really as supporting cast members in a book. But I honestly wouldn't expect much out of them aside from background cameos here and there.

I'd like to see them being incorporated somehow. Would be interesting to see how they are used. Plus, it might get fans of some of the characters to pick up a comic with them to see how... say... FitzSimmons were portrayed.

I think the trickiest to incorporate in the 616 universe is Skye; because Coulson is already a character, Fitz-Simmons are scientists, and May, Ward and Tripplet are field agents, so its not that hard to introduce them.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 05-17-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think the trickiest to incorporate in the 616 universe is Skye; because Coulson is already a character, Fitz-Simmons are scientists, and May, Ward and Tripplet are field agents, so its that hard to introduce them.
    Course, the thing about Sky is that she may end up being an existing marvel character. It's possible we just don't know it yet.

Maybe she'll end up being a tv variation of Captain Marvel or Spider-Woman or something.

Spectacular Member

I actually have an idea as far as Grant Ward goes: A former HYDRA agent who redeems himself as an agent of SHIELD.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, the thing about Sky is that she may end up being an existing marvel character. It's possible we just don't know it yet.

Maybe she'll end up being a tv variation of Captain Marvel or Spider-Woman or something.
    I don't think so. I think she is going to be her own character. She might have some link to an existing character, but I don't think Marvel wants to tie their hands with any characters they might want to latter use in the movies. I am honestly surprised they used Deathlok to tell the truth. Marvel I am sure has plans for Captain Marvel down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    I actually have an idea as far as Grant Ward goes: A former HYDRA agent who redeems himself as an agent of SHIELD.
    Okay, but where would you show that? In a new SHIELD book, or in Secret Avengers? And would we need Nick Fury around for that?

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

My feeling is that Marvel would be wise to wait until a second season is underway and the characters more entrenched. Right now they still feel like a bunch of supporting characters - doing good in the MCU but in the actual 616 i think they'd be lost. Honestly how many people would want a MU Shield book that doesn't have Nick, Dugan and .... hmmm, maybe this is why so many old Shield characters like Sitwell, Kaenig, Jones etc HAVE been killed off! I still think nobody would buy a Shield book without Nick Fury though.

I'm also hearing a rumour that the new Deathlok is going to be the Mike Peterson version. Could be that Skye, Coulson et al make their debuts in that title to test the waters. In any case there is low probability of a Shield title coming out that doesn't have a few well known regular characters. I would even lay odds that if Couson's exact team minus Ward or including Ward got a title, Marvel would have Black Widow and/or Mockingbird in 2 out of every 3 issues if not more.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Okay, but where would you show that? In a new SHIELD book, or in Secret Avengers? And would we need Nick Fury around for that?
    A new SHIELD book. I don't know about Fury, but John Garrett still plays a mentor role in Ward's life, only this time Garrett's one of the good guys trying to convince Ward that SHIELD is the right path for him.

A new SHIELD book. I don't know about Fury, but John Garrett still plays a mentor role in Ward's life, only this time Garrett's one of the good guys trying to convince Ward that SHIELD is the right path for him.
    Well are you bringing them in or a version of them. If you are changing Garrett and Ward from bad to good what is the point?

Skye would fit but she would have to be a consultant and yes the comic should reflect the latest "big secret" in the comics.

I'd read a SHIELD comic with them in it.

BANNED

Regardless of how you feel about the show, how do you feel about the possibility of Phil Coulson's team being incorporated into Earth-616?

How would the characters be updated to fit into the comics?
    I'm sorry, but the LAST thing I want in the 616 is MORE movie crap. This is not to say I don't enjoy the movies and TV, I do, but I enjoy them for what they are: an adaptation of my beloved MU, an alternate version, if you will. This is why I find fanboys pitching fits about how they aren't slavishly following the comics a bit silly.

Why would I want recycled and altered comic book stories and characters taking the place of the original awesomeness? Why do I want stuff that is imaginatively limited by the budget and reality of a live action show to suddenly be canon, and worse, leading the MU? It's the tail wagging the dog.

The comics are supposed to inspire the movies, NOT vice versa. Comics can do so much more than the movies -- visually, plotting, characterization, ideas, and themes. Bringing in movie versions and movie stories and movie visuals is NOT 'synergy' it's inbreeding, and only results in a weaker product.

IMO, Marvel should axe the Ultimate universe, and create a Marvel Cinematic Universe comic line, where they can write fan fiction type stories that fill in the gaps, so to speak -- sort of like the old Star Wars and Star Trek comics. Give that to movie fans -- it's easy to understand, continuity light, and is actually about the characters they like from the movies. And if they like that format, i.e. comics, then they can branch out and discover the greatness of the original source material, the 616.