Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My guess is water snake may end up being another namora clone..although one would think these enemies can and have been detecting that and it would have been mentioned..its more likely she is just part of the family and has a resemblwnce to namora/ nita

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

The battle with the High Evolutionary isn't over yet, I half expect him to show up sometime when the issues hit their teens, like around 14-16 to continue his fight. Man, issue #4 was just spectacular all around, especially the art, it reminded me of comics from the mid 90's for whatever reason.

God I love this book!

I dont gt why New Warriors isnt tieing into Original Sin considering Nova's place...I dont think it would have detracted from the book to do it in a couple months? It could really help this awesome title...stinks that Inhuman looks like a stinker out of the gate because it seems more relevant to that

Wonder who the person is responsible for getting the High Evolutionary and the Evolutionary to join forces. Could it have been an Eternal?

Incredible Member

Just got around to reading this & I thought it was pretty good. things I like.

I like that thus far Sun Girl doesn't really have any complicated reasoning for wanting to be a hero thus far..She just seems like a genuinely nice person (although a bit naive at times) who just wants to help people & be a hero.

Interested in who the mystery guy is who put Wyndam & the Evolutionary up to this. Also speaking of the Evolutionary/s how are there so many of them? At the end of the initial story only one of them survived if I recall correctly (the one with the blue face plate) so where did the army of orange face plated ones come from? Clones possibly
    Last edited by classicgmer; 05-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

It was another good issue. Hummingbird continues to be adorable, I love her.

Quote Originally Posted by CartooN View Post
    I did wonder why the evolutionaries, who had previously protected all forms of human life under threat (mutants etc), would suddenly hate everything that isnt standard human. I guess the start somewhat cleared that up, I was happy they acknowledged that and it wasnt me just missing something xD.
    We are still missing an explanation as to why the High Evolutionary is not still the equally powerful creative counterpart to Galactus, or playing around with those self-sufficient kids who were the product of Ex Nihilo's evolution bombs. In fact, if he was worried about somebody messing with the Celestials' plans, wouldn't he start with the areas affected by Ex Nihilo first? Mutants are canonically the result of gene sequences the Celestials inserted into the baseline human genome, therefore part of their plan, and their existence didn't prevent the Fourth Host from giving Earth the thumbs up.

Writer also can't distinguish between Wyndham and Wyngarde. Maybe the dude at the beginning lying to Wyndham was Mastermind?
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-18-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Wonder who the person is responsible for getting the High Evolutionary and the Evolutionary to join forces. Could it have been an Eternal?
    Whoever it was, was lying. And HE should have known that, actually having been in a Celestial's head.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Four issues in and I'm still trying to get a feel for this book.

Chris Yost is a top notch writer but as Den pointed out, he's not exactly re-inventing the wheel here with this by the numbers approach to storytelling.

I'm really feeling the absence of Night Thrasher. :frown:
    I miss Thrash too. Unless he comes back, this team just does not hold my interest. Plus the story has just been "meh."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    We are still missing an explanation as to why the High Evolutionary is not still the equally powerful creative counterpart to Galactus, or playing around with those self-sufficient kids who were the product of Ex Nihilo's evolution bombs. In fact, if he was worried about somebody messing with the Celestials' plans, wouldn't he start with the areas affected by Ex Nihilo first? Mutants are canonically the result of gene sequences the Celestials inserted into the baseline human genome, therefore part of their plan, and their existence didn't prevent the Fourth Host from giving Earth the thumbs up.

Writer also can't distinguish between Wyndham and Wyngarde. Maybe the dude at the beginning lying to Wyndham was Mastermind?
    How do you figure Yost can't distinguish between the two villian civilian identities when he's correctly identified him as wyndham in issues prior to this one and twice in this very issue before messing it up ONE time?

Incredible Member

BTW i'm not dismissng the other points you brought up because i feel those are valid but i do think saying because Yost messed up once with the last names that he cant differentiate between the two characters is reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    BTW i'm not dismissng the other points you brought up because i feel those are valid but i do think saying because Yost messed up once with the last names that he cant differentiate between the two characters is reaching.
    You're right, that wasn't quite fair. For all I know, it could have been the letterer and not even Yost, the names are similar and typos do happen.

Unless it was a deliberate hint that Mastermind or Lady Mastermind is fooling HE and his backup.

Wyndham should know better, though... he's made enough study of the Celestials that he was able to use something extracted from the Dreaming Celestial to restore Magneto's powers, has made an extensive enough study of his main area of evolution and genetics to know that the X-gene dates back to the Celestial tampering to make three versions of humanity, and so on. Besides, if the Celestials objected to the presence of mutants, alien-human hybrids, magically-affected humans, superhumans produced by accidents or experimentation, Atlanteans, etc., not only were there plenty of all of these human variants when the Thor and Odin and the Eternals confronted the Fourth Host, who were judging the Earth, but surely Gaea and Frigga and the other mother goddesses presenting the Celestials with the deliberately enhanced Young Gods would have sealed Earth's doom rather than contributing to Arishem giving the experiment a big thumbs up.... if there was anything to these concerns.

Spectacular Member

This has me intrigued. Which sungirl is it? The new one with the hard light tech?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    This has me intrigued. Which sungirl is it? The new one with the hard light tech?
    Yep, Lightmaster's daughter.

BANNED

Still not quite sold on the series, but #4 was a fine cap for the "origin arc" for this incarnation of the team.

Some random observations:

I have made no secret of my dislike for Sam as Nova. STILL don't like him in his own book, but he really stepped up in the last two issues. Props to the little NINO.

"Water Snake"? Really? That was the best they could come up with for a code name?

Nice to see Vance getting some "stones" back. He was such a waffler for the first few issues.

Scarlet Spider is an ass. That is all...

Sun Girl is the breakout character of this title, IMO.

Needs more Nita. That is also all...