BANNED

Default So what's this character's alignment?

More often than not, characters are used out of context and their motives change without a proper explaination. Other times, they perform evil acts but heroic as well so it's a bit hard to classify them as "bad" or "good". So I guess this'll be a helpful thread where, when you have a question about a certian character's morality, you can post it here and then people who have more knowledge on said character than you, can answer. The Marvel Wiki has such a feature but sometimes it's outdated.

Anyway, I'll go first. How would you classify Thanos? He's obviously not a hero, not by a longshot, but is he the same villain he was back in the old days? After the whole Gauntlet thing he was on the road for redemption and he did save the whole Marvel U in "The End" and he was acting fairly good in his own ongoing by Starlin. Recent events portray him as a clean cut villain, but if you take all of the stories he appeared in and try to reach a verdict, what would that be?

He is the Mad Titian, emphasis on MAD and will anything his whims or Mistress Death tell him.

BANNED

Neutral Evil. I was tempted to say chaotic evil but he occasionally shows sort of a code of honor.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 11-03-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    More often than not, characters are used out of context and their motives change without a proper explaination. Other times, they perform evil acts but heroic as well so it's a bit hard to classify them as "bad" or "good". So I guess this'll be a helpful thread where, when you have a question about a certian character's morality, you can post it here and then people who have more knowledge on said character than you, can answer. The Marvel Wiki has such a feature but sometimes it's outdated.

Anyway, I'll go first. How would you classify Thanos? He's obviously not a hero, not by a longshot, but is he the same villain he was back in the old days? After the whole Gauntlet thing he was on the road for redemption and he did save the whole Marvel U in "The End" and he was acting fairly good in his own ongoing by Starlin. Recent events portray him as a clean cut villain, but if you take all of the stories he appeared in and try to reach a verdict, what would that be?
    The MU is not playable in any edition of D&D, sorry. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    The MU is not playable in any edition of D&D, sorry. ;-)
    Well, its not like we cant just make some minor adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Neutral Evil. I was tempted to say chaotic evil but he occasionally shows sort of a code of honor.
    Yeah, i think that the Dark Phoenix is the one that would clasify as Chaotic Evil.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 11-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.