Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I will say that, in the scans above, although impressive --imagery wise -- the length of her hair (particularly for that cyclone maneuver) is a bit "REALLY??"

But my reaction could be just that I'm not as familiar with her hair powers as I thought I was.
    Does she also make her hair grow and retract?
    From the wiki:
    Highly Resilient Hair: Medusa possesses a long, thick head of hair, every strand of which has greater tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, and shear resistance than an iron wire of the same thickness (average hair diameter: .045 inches), as well as the psychokinetic ability to animate her hair for a number of feats. Her hair, approximately 6 feet in length while relaxed, can elongate to almost twice its normal length with only about a 25% loss of overall tensile strength. One strand of hair, 2-feet long, can support 6.4 pounds, a list-sized lock of hair can support about 750 pounds and her whole head of hair can lift about 3,200 pounds (1.6 tons). A portion of her hair must be used to anchor the rest at these greater weights, so that more than her scalp/skull is used as a brace.

Psychokinetic Hair Manipulation: Medusa can control the movement of her hair as if it were countless thin appendages growing from her head. A psionic field permeates her mutagenically altered hair-cells, causing mutual attraction across the gaps between strands. These relatively small forces operate in conjunction to develop larger forces. Through concentration, she can psionically move her hair in any manner imaginable. She can snap the length of it through the air like a whip (the tip of which moves faster than the speed of sound), or rotate it in a fan-like manner. She can bind persons or objects with it as if it were rope or use it to lift objects which weigh more than she could lift with her arms. (Her scalp, skull, and neck do not support the weight of an object that she lifts: it is held aloft by the psionic force coursing through the hair.) Medusa can also perform delicate manipulations with her hair such as lock picking or threading a needle, and such complex acts of coordination as typing or shuffling a deck of cards. Although she has no nerve endings in her hair, she can "feel" sensations on all parts of her hair by a form of mental feedback from her psionic field.

As yet Medusa has not manifested her psychokinetic powers in any way except the animation of her own hair. Whether she has the potential to control other fibrous substances other than her own hair (as can the mutant Gypsy Moth) has not yet been determined. If cut, her hair regrows extremely quickly.
    However, I stand by the opinion that it depends on the artist. It's particularly clear that Stegman and Mad (the artist of the above pic) ignore the 12 foot maximum even for static shots.

I find it interesting that Medus's skull can't support her hair purely on strength..
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 11-03-2014 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    From the wiki:

However, I stand by the opinion that it depends on the artist. It's particularly clear that Stegman and Mad (the artist of the above pic) ignore the 12 foot maximum even for static shots.

I find it interesting that Medus's skull can't support her hair purely on strength..
    Yeah, she's definitely gotten a power upgrade since her inception.

It says that a strand of her hair has the resistance and constitution of iron, can only lift about 1.6 tons, and she needs to anchor herself. Yet in AXIS #2 she manages to hold a 100 foot adamantium sentinel in place(without an anchor). Even in Inhuman she is easily stretching her hair past 12 feet and doing crazy stuff like pulling helicopters out of the air. Also, she has inhuman physiology which makes her faster, stronger, and more agile than Captain America(not by much though).

Medusa is almost too bada$$
    Last edited by sprior93; 11-03-2014 at 03:30 PM.

I REALLY need to catch up on recent Inhuman things.
    I haven't read anything recent with Medusa in it in quite a few months.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Ultimate Member

http://www.mtv.com/news/1985416/jess...perhero-movie/

Please be Medusa, please be Medusa, please freaking be Medusa. You're perfect for that role.

BANNED

Last edited by sprior93; 11-03-2014 at 09:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I can see a Cinematic Medusa's hair being used in a multitude of impressive and creative ways.

Nay Sayers get to steppin'.
    I'm not a nay sayer. I'm just being realistic.Out of all Inhumans,her powers seem the most impractical for live action.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    They have alot of options. The TressFX physics engine (not joking, it's actually called that) is designed around making cg hair behave realistically. Disney and PIXAR each have in-house experience with hair physics (Brave and Tangled) to lend. And I'm sure that there's a team at ILM (which does finishing work on Disney flicks anyway) that has been working on a hair system for years just in case George Lucas ever needed a hair sith or something.

Now that you mention it. I remember the creators of the Incredible discussing this back in 05. I think was in the extras of my Incredible Dvd(About Violet hair). The tressFX system was fairly new,and they were the the first to use it(PIXAR)
    Now we have films like Rapunzel and Brave,whom have main protagonist with bundles of hair. It could work,but too much hair could still look really cheesy. The only one way I could see Medusa's hair coming to life is if she had Dreads/snake like hair like Medusa. If her hair moved more like a serpent,that wouldn't be bad.It could potentially be badass

Kind of like Sindel from Mortal Kombat...I was thinking

A wave or a typhoon of hair is going to look ridiculous and comedic,no matter how you spin it. =/
    Sorry guys,but it's the truth...lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine11500 View Post
    A wave or a typhoon of hair is going to look ridiculous and comedic,no matter how you spin it. =/
    Sorry guys,but it's the truth...lol

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Medusa needs to be the focal point of the next Inhumans film. She's more relateable than Black Bolt.

the actress will hopefully be very pretty. But long hair is not a prerequisite. She should be athletic.

BANNED

I love Medusa so much! She is the most beautiful woman in comic book history!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Medusa needs to be the focal point of the next Inhumans film. She's more relateable than Black Bolt.
    and she can talk without destroying attilan..

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1985416/jess...perhero-movie/

Please be Medusa, please be Medusa, please freaking be Medusa. You're perfect for that role.
    She's gorgeous. And she'd be perfect. <3

Kinda early for casting for the film. I mean, it is 4 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Kinda early for casting for the film. I mean, it is 4 years away.
    We can speculate, wish, and dream.
    You know, use our imaginations and get our wants posted. It's not hurting anybody.

BANNED

how did medusa and spiderman get into a relationship back in the 80s cartoon? i tried looking for an episode and it didn't explain nor did this happen in the comics. well, unless if medusa is incredibly fond of him.