Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

^ Actually, my love for Medusa stems from a Spidey comic I got as a child in the '70s. Some kind of children's Easy Reader comic affiliated with the Electric Company TV show. Don't know if it's cannonical, but it's certainly how I met her.

Actually, speaking of ridiculous hair length... In it, she saves some children at the Statue of Liberty by shooting her hair up to the statue's crown and using one of the crown spikes as a pulley of sorts, the hair coming back down and catching the children. I forget if she does this from the base of the statue, which would be hundreds of feet, or if she's up on the statue somehow. But that's a lot of hair

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine11500 View Post
    I'm not a nay sayer. I'm just being realistic.... A wave or a typhoon of hair is going to look ridiculous and comedic,no matter how you spin it. =/
    Sorry guys,but it's the truth...lol
    All I'm hearing here is, "Sorry guys, there's no way Marvel can make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie work. GotG is going to ruin Marvel studios. It's the truth." Her hair is awesome in of itself, and it's going to be ridiculously awesome in live action. Her hair alone is going to make a billion dollars worldwide.

Also, Jessica Chastain would be perfect.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Cute. You know you're in an appreciation thread, right?

http://i.imgur.com/23NOc6p.gif
    *giggles* Buffy gif ftw!

Also, that hair is going to be an amazing on-screen threat if it strikes quickly. I don't see people really being able to escape it... I don't blame Aquamarine for being skeptical, I guess some people just can't imagine things being as badass as I can... ^_^;;

Honestly, I would've been skeptical, too, before Marvel made a talking raccoon work. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    Actually, speaking of ridiculous hair length... In it, she saves some children at the Statue of Liberty by shooting her hair up to the statue's crown and using one of the crown spikes as a pulley of sorts, the hair coming back down and catching the children. I forget if she does this from the base of the statue, which would be hundreds of feet, or if she's up on the statue somehow. But that's a lot of hair
    Holy freakin' cow. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    All I'm hearing here is, "Sorry guys, there's no way Marvel can make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie work. GotG is going to ruin Marvel studios. It's the truth." Her hair is awesome in of itself, and it's going to be ridiculously awesome in live action. Her hair alone is going to make a billion dollars worldwide.

Also, Jessica Chastain would be perfect.
    Haha, yeah, that hair is going to be wonderful (provided they put the amount of love into it that Marvel has put into all their movies, especially GotG, so far). Jessica Chastain said recently that she wants to be a superhero and kick much ass, I hope she and Marvel can get in touch over "Inhumans"...

http://superandgay.tumblr.com/post/6...-joe-madureira

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I hope they take some cues from Game of Thrones and really play around with how Medusa's hair is styled and how those styles can be used to convey a sense of movement to the audience. Like if her hair is tied back in areas, by what looks like braids or whatever, but the hair is actually moving around a bit?
    I'd also like to see some more tendril like wrappings keeping the hair bound up maybe gliding around within the hair. Just subtle stuff like that and then they can of course have her take more dramatic movements to accentuate the hair-grabs and hair-whips etc.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1985416/jess...perhero-movie/

Please be Medusa, please be Medusa, please freaking be Medusa. You're perfect for that role.
    A Jessica Chastain/Medusa fronted Inhumans movie would be epic!

BANNED

Medusa's hair can do anything she can think of, like Green Lantern's power ring.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Medusa is the best ruler for Atilan.

Medusa has no chill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    *giggles* Buffy gif ftw!

Also, that hair is going to be an amazing on-screen threat if it strikes quickly. I don't see people really being able to escape it... I don't blame Aquamarine for being skeptical, I guess some people just can't imagine things being as badass as I can... ^_^;;

Honestly, I would've been skeptical, too, before Marvel made a talking raccoon work. Somehow.

Holy freakin' cow. O.o

Haha, yeah, that hair is going to be wonderful (provided they put the amount of love into it that Marvel has put into all their movies, especially GotG, so far). Jessica Chastain said recently that she wants to be a superhero and kick much ass, I hope she and Marvel can get in touch over "Inhumans"...

http://superandgay.tumblr.com/post/6...-joe-madureira

Amazing art. I wish Madureira used that swords one on a cover before he left.

I want to know how her and Crystal's relationship is like currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I hope they take some cues from Game of Thrones and really play around with how Medusa's hair is styled and how those styles can be used to convey a sense of movement to the audience. Like if her hair is tied back in areas, by what looks like braids or whatever, but the hair is actually moving around a bit?
    I'd also like to see some more tendril like wrappings keeping the hair bound up maybe gliding around within the hair. Just subtle stuff like that and then they can of course have her take more dramatic movements to accentuate the hair-grabs and hair-whips etc.
    Indeed. Very cool looking! She's a queen, her hair should be elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    A Jessica Chastain/Medusa fronted Inhumans movie would be epic!
    Soooo epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Medusa is the best ruler for Atilan.

Medusa has no chill.
    Very cool, I like her even more now. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Amazing art. I wish Madureira used that swords one on a cover before he left.
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I want to know how her and Crystal's relationship is like currently.
    Yep, more Crystal and Luna, please.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Niffleheim

Queen Medusa told me to tell y'all that "I AM NOT MY HAIR"
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-14-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Queen Medusa told me to tell y'all that "I AM NOT MY HAIR"
    Hahaha! ;D

I like her for more than her hair!

But mostly her hair.

Prεtty Pεnny

Astonishing Member

Just caught an appearance of Medusa within AXIS #4.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Just caught an appearance of Medusa within AXIS #4.
    Yep! If you mean Avengers & X-Men: AXIS #4, then...

Prεtty Pεnny

I see a few people wanting a Jessica Chastain Medusa but to be honest I always pictured Angelina Jolie. She's always been able to pull off a nice balance of elegance and strength that would be perfect for Medusa.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I see a few people wanting a Jessica Chastain Medusa but to be honest I always pictured Angelina Jolie. She's always been able to pull off a nice balance of elegance and strength that would be perfect for Medusa.
    I would be VERY fine with that choice, as well! Angelina Jolie is a member of the Disney family now, if Maleficent is any indication.

Prεtty Pεnny