Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I loved Namor and T'Challa in this issue, I don't know how long it will last but sure it was nice seeing them like this.
    I felt the same way, seeing them like this...They clearly feel a lot of respect for each other despite all their angst and regrets.
    This issue was them rekindling some long lost friendship.
    Anyway, Hickman did an amazing job with them both.
    I know a lot of persons have felt that this arc kept dragging along, but I really enjoyed it for what it offered.
    And now, to the Great Society ! The confrontation with our Illuminati will be terrible to me, I grew really found of them in such a short period.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Valerio Schiti posted these pages up on tumblr

Strange looks badass here

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I loved Namor and T'Challa in this issue, I don't know how long it will last but sure it was nice seeing them like this.

I think is this, but if Hickman pulls an ''It was alt Banner all along'' it wouldn't feel out of nowhere either.
    Not alt Banner. Alt Banner doesn't need tranquilizers to keep from Hulking out, he only Hulks out when remote controlled to do so. Neither does he have a grudge against the Illuminati (or Tony even, remember his Iron Man is Jarvis).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I think the Illuminati may have met their match with them.
    'Met their match' implies each side fighting the other to destroy the other's Earth, which given that neither group actually wants to commit genocide, would make little sense, whereas pooling resources to find a way to let both Earths, or at least the populations of both Earths, survive, would make a lot.

Does it occur to anybody else that with Banner joining Strange and Namor on the team, this title could just as well be called (New) Defenders as New Avengers?

Cool developments. I think adding Banner is perfect for shaking up this series just enough. Can't wait till the next issue! (also very happy to see Valerio Schiti coming on board for a few issues. I've not been huge on the art since Steve Epting left, and though Schiti is quite different, I like his art.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    Cool developments. I think adding Banner is perfect for shaking up this series just enough. Can't wait till the next issue!
    I know, having another character (in both senses) will be great from Hickman's perspective, Banner hasn't really gotten any "screen-time" in his Avengers run at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    Very happy to see Valerio Schiti coming on board for a few issues. I've not been huge on the art since Steve Epting left, and though Schiti is quite different, I like his art.
    Deodato was incredible! I think you forgot about him I agree on Bianchi and Morales though, totally different styles and still not in keeping with the book in my opinion. Epting has been the best yet though, I think.

Invincible Member

What thought was intriguing about NA in the begining was that the premise was basically Crisis On Infinite Earth only inverted. Instead of "We must rally all our comrades to save as many lives as we can!" the attitude is "We tell no one and we do messed up stuff to save just our Earth." So it'll be interesting to see how the NA guys deal with the DC parodies who didn't compromise themselves in order to save their world.

It might be funny if we get some hint that the Marvel incursions are/were happening at the same time as the one of DC Crisis/Zero Hour/52 and we just happen to be seeing it from the Marvel side.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Had to get this in there.
    That is such an amazing cover.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Valerio Schiti's sketchbook/Interview with marvel.com looks like Doom will be in New Avengers #24

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/8...valerio_schiti
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    'Met their match' implies each side fighting the other to destroy the other's Earth, which given that neither group actually wants to commit genocide, would make little sense, whereas pooling resources to find a way to let both Earths, or at least the populations of both Earths, survive, would make a lot.
    I guess they chose the fighting option.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Valerio Schiti's sketchbook/Interview with marvel.com looks like Doom will be in New Avengers #24

It was only a matter of time. Maybe Doom figured something out from that piece of debris that no one else thought of.

Is this book not incredible?! I love how it's coming out more often. It's one of the few books I really want to do that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I love this book. Hickman can never leave...NEVER!!
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

How many issues is this series supposed to run? I feel like it's coming to a close soon, no? It has been rather enjoyable. I wonder what will happen to the Illuminati after the Avengers find out what they've been up to...again lol

Fantastic Member

Hickman ends his run in May

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

question is..which illuminati is he in?
    will reed gets desperate and consult dr doom or will there be another supervillain team up with namor and doom?!