View Poll Results: Looking at the whole Azzarello run in Wonder Woman, which best describes how you feel?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • A – Fantastic storytelling that kept you riveted. For long time WW readers among the top five runs.

100 42.19%
  • B – Very good storytelling, some flaws but they were minor. You looked forward to every issue.

59 24.89%
  • C Okay. Got every issue & mostly enjoyed it but felt some important things could have been better.

36 15.19%
  • D Poor. Were significant things you found unsatisfying. Maybe you only got it for completeness.

11 4.64%
  • E – Awful. Major things that prevente you enjoying it. Maybe you didn’t buy every issue.

31 13.08%
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,548 of 1548
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'd say because Rucka actually had a good story, but someone at DC decided it wasn't what they wanted. (Hence why Simone wasn't allowed to use his designs for the gods).
    Heinberg was... well wasn't that more of a mini-series more than anything? He wrote Who is Wonder Woman? as a mini and was out the door afterwards despite DC making it part of the main book. Plus it was illustrated by the Dodsons who are a huge draw as well.
    And Piccoult; I suppose people jumped at those because she couldn't put a book out on time, so it looked like this would be the last WW book ever.

I wish Piccoult wouldn't have put out a single Wonder Woman story. it was a horribly boring follow-up to Heinberg's run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Seeing how Themyscira and the Amazons are a big part of the story, I don't see how that would have worked.
    tbh the most significant and interesting parts had very little to do with the amazons esp since they were turned into snakes for most of the run. he could have found a way im sure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So then why did 3 continuous runs(Rucka, Heinberg, & Piccoult) sell well?
    Rucka's run didn't really sell all that well, but was often down in the 20's and 30's, until its numbers were bumped up by crossover, guest star or event issues.(He deserved to sell much better, but quality--as I see it--doesn't always correlate with sales. )Heinberg and Piccolut weren't around long enough to see their sales slip away as much as they might have.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 08-08-2015 at 03:20 PM.