Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yes, because giving Ollie the team that was created to be 'Batman's team' will only do wonders for his reputation as a Batman clone.

Brilliant idea, chief.
    Though, its not an idea that is without precedent. Green Arrow has been a member of the Outsiders before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Though, its not an idea that is without precedent. Green Arrow has been a member of the Outsiders before.
    I don't mind him being a member. In fact, I would love to see him on the team but I don't want him to lead the team or have the team re branded as 'Green Arrow and the Outsiders' and folded into his universe. I like Green Arrow so I think it does a disservice to the character to borrow even more stuff from Bruce. It shows that he can't stand on his own as a character.

Some pics of the Outsiders:

I definitely prefer the idea of "Green Arrow and the Outsiders" a lot.

We have too much Batman as it is. Let's give somebody else a push, and the new 52 is the best place and time to do it. It's a fresh start.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    I definitely prefer the idea of "Green Arrow and the Outsiders" a lot.

We have too much Batman as it is. Let's give somebody else a push, and the new 52 is the best place and time to do it. It's a fresh start.
    If only Green Arrow had his own family and allies made up of superheroes....

275334-97681-green-arrow.jpg

Yes, we do have too much Batman stuff and the Bat Books desperately needs some trimming but giving other characters his 'toys' will only give the message that "Hey, these characters can't be cool on their own. They need a little Batman in their world to be relevant!".

I really liked Winnick's version of the Outsiders and would some sort of similar team to be (re)formed in the DCnU 52.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I would like for both Grace Choi and Indigo to make their DCnU 52 debut. I think they are both great characters with a ton of potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind him being a member. In fact, I would love to see him on the team but I don't want him to lead the team or have the team re branded as 'Green Arrow and the Outsiders' and folded into his universe. I like Green Arrow so I think it does a disservice to the character to borrow even more stuff from Bruce. It shows that he can't stand on his own as a character.

If only Green Arrow had his own family and allies made up of superheroes....

275334-97681-green-arrow.jpg

Yes, we do have too much Batman stuff and the Bat Books desperately needs some trimming but giving other characters his 'toys' will only give the message that "Hey, these characters can't be cool on their own. They need a little Batman in their world to be relevant!".

Okay, point taken. I actually agree to an extent.

Actually, I did have an idea of having a team book entitled "Wonder Woman & the Outsiders" where Wonder Woman would lead an all-female team, including Dawnstar, Grace Choi, Halo, Katana, and Element Woman. Although, I do sort of think that the Outsiders would never be the same without Metamorpho, and it was mostly me thinking of a way for DC to find a way to salvage the "all-female team" concept because of the lackluster direction the Birds of Prey seems to be following.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I would like for both Grace Choi and Indigo to make their DCnU 52 debut. I think they are both great characters with a ton of potential.
    ABSOLUTELY AGREED!!

Also, this girl right here:

If they do reintroduce the Outsiders, Halo needs to make a comeback, IMO. She's one of the classic members.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Which was kinda silly considering that aside from Metamorpho, all the members from the original team were damn good looking.
    Well, it was more so that these characters were representative of sort of a fringe culture. I mean, in the seventies and early eighties, Black Lightning was kind of a blaxploitation-type character. In short, he was Shaft but with electrical powers. You likely would not have seen that type of character on the JLA at that time. Of course, he eventually did join the Justice League, but that was years later.

It seems that Winick has the most acclaimed run on the title so far.

Okay, point taken. I actually agree to an extent.

Actually, I did have an idea of having a team book entitled "Wonder Woman & the Outsiders" where Wonder Woman would lead an all-female team, including Dawnstar, Grace Choi, Halo, Katana, and Element Woman. Although, I do sort of think that the Outsiders would never be the same without Metamorpho, and it was mostly me thinking of a way for DC to find a way to salvage the "all-female team" concept because of the lackluster direction the Birds of Prey seems to be following.

I love the idea of an all female team lead by Wonder Woman. However as a WW, I would title it as 'Wonder Woman & the Holiday Girls'.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

A

If they do reintroduce the Outsiders, Halo needs to make a comeback, IMO. She's one of the classic members.

Seconding Grace and Halo. They are awesome!

Black Lightning is a must on any team as well. I think the title actually saved him from falling into obscurity after his own title was cancelled.

Extraordinary Member

I love the idea of an all female team lead by Wonder Woman. However as a WW, I would title it as 'Wonder Woman & the Holiday Girls'.
    Actually. I'd just relaunch Birds of Prey as "Wonder Woman and the Birds of Prey" and put Black Canary, Bumblebee, Dawnstar, Dove (Dawn Granger), and Starling on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Now that is an awesome teamup.
    it had a great moment of Robin taking charge instead of Batman.

I guess Red Hood's book was a kind of replacement for the outsiders but I would prefer they just make it an Outsiders team.

Maybe Dick can join in the wake of FE. Bring in Katana, Metamorpho and Halo and you are ready to go.

In-universe, yes. Out of it; no. Historically the team has always been associated with the Bat-world.

I know and I want to keep it that way.

What about when Arsenal rebuilt it?

People who feel a need to call GA a clone always will it is no big deal. Superman (natural powers), Batman(no powers), Wonder Woman(mythical), and Green Lantern (magic/alien object) are the prototypes of all the characters who came after. Even those characters borrow from those who came before.

If GA had an outsiders team it would be very different. Maybe Katana could be in it but that would probably be it.