Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They were Owlman's Made Men in the movie. You can see evil Black Lightning in that clip. The one in the mask fighting WW is named 'Sai' who was the opposite of Katana but used sai's instead which could also be a reference to the Marvel character Elektra. There is also evil Halo who fought GL and though she does not appear in the clip, there was also an evil Looker.
    Huh, interesting!

Eh, Looker. It takes a special unique je ne c'est quoi for me not to totally love a female character drawn by Alan Davis, and Looker had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Huh, interesting!

Eh, Looker. It takes a special unique je ne c'est quoi for me not to totally love a female character drawn by Alan Davis, and Looker had it.
    Despite that, Alan Davis' run in BATO was soooooo awsome.

Peace

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Ah, Windfall. I liked her. Too bad they killed her off in that Suicide Squad mini, it would've been nice to see more of her. Maybe she'll get a chance in the new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    You two get a room already!

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Ah, Windfall. I liked her. Too bad they killed her off in that Suicide Squad mini, it would've been nice to see more of her. Maybe she'll get a chance in the new 52.
    Agree. If handled with care, respect and nuance, she could be a great character. She is not really a villain but an abuse victim and there is a lot of interesting story potential there.

BANNED

[COLOR="#B22222"]Agree. If handled with care, respect and nuance, she could be a great character.
    So much for her chances in the Nu52 then...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    So much for her chances in the Nu52 then...
    I know but we can always hope.

One day, the Nu 52 shall pass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    this was definitely one of the best teams ever

No joke, I thought that Winick´s Outsiders were much better than John´s Teen Titans(which also started coming out Graduation Day)

Hello sorry about the necro but as a noob looking into classic teams to collect, where should i go for collecting outsiders?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hello sorry about the necro but as a noob looking into classic teams to collect, where should i go for collecting outsiders?
    Most of Winnick's run, Dixon's Tomasi's and Didio's has been collected, but some of it may be quite hard to find. As for the classic Barr - Aparo run, there has been a Black & White Showcase published collecting the first 20 or so issues.

Personally, not a fan of Winnick's and Didio's runs (Winnick's even less than Didios's). Dixon's and Tomasi's are mostly good, but of everything collected I'd say the Showcase is the best. Most of the best Outsider's stories, unfortunately, haven't been collected. As I've said on another post, I'd love to see the Barr Pelletier 90's series collected.

Peace

People don't seem to want the Outsiders under Green Arrow, because it would be demeaning for Ollie to get Bruce's left-overs (I disagree, but...).

How does Batwoman and the Outsiders sound? Or Batgirl and the Outsiders. Still put's it in the Batman family but cuts the ties with Bruce a little bit (who, I agree, is quite a little biit overexposed).

Peace

BANNED

Yes, because giving Ollie the team that was created to be 'Batman's team' will only do wonders for his reputation as a Batman clone.

Brilliant idea, chief.

I actually agree. It would be awesome if GA led his own team: Seven Soldiers Of Victory. Being that he's the most well-known character out of that group, him being the leader would make sense.

On Topic: I enjoyed their animated appearances in Batman: BATB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    People don't seem to want the Outsiders under Green Arrow, because it would be demeaning for Ollie to get Bruce's left-overs (I disagree, but...).

How does Batwoman and the Outsiders sound? Or Batgirl and the Outsiders. Still put's it in the Batman family but cuts the ties with Bruce a little bit (who, I agree, is quite a little biit overexposed).

Peace
    By 'people' I think you mean mostly me. :P

I have no issue with GA being *on* the team, I just have an issue with the Outsiders getting folded into GA's world just because it's 'fashionable' now. I like Ollie so it feels like a step backward for him to get Bruce's 'stuff' to be cool when there is enough in his own world that can be used. And why Batman's stuff? Why can't it be something related to some other hero?

The Outsiders were created to be 'Batman's team' and they don't really have a unique identity beyond that other than the generic 'we are freaks and outcasts of society' aspect. I think they can work as a Defenders style team of street level heroes. I would like the Batman connection to still be there either with the Bat himself or having Kate Kane, Cass or Renee lead the team. I think team books like BoP and Outsiders are necessary for the Batman world given how big the Batman Family has become. As much as people love Batman Inc. I don't think the concept is viable for long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I actually agree. It would be awesome if GA led his own team: Seven Soldiers Of Victory. Being that he's the most well-known character out of that group, him being the leader would make sense.
    See? Now we are on the right track. It's something for GA's own history that could be mined for great stories.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

If I was to CREATE an NEW OUTSIDERS TEAM my ROLL CALL would be as follow.

THUNDER=ANISSA
    LIGHTNING=JENNIFER
    WITCHFIRE
    GYPSY
    BATWING
    BLUE DEVIL
    VIBE
    RED INFERNO