Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

I would also say 2012, which was a total and complete waste of Spider-man's 50th anniversary (Alpha, anyone?). Seriously, it's like they couldn't bring themselves to do any worthwhile stories for the 50th. (I think the only one was Stern's one-off issue of PP:SM) 2012 also culminated in ASM #700, quite simply the worst of the centennial issues yet. 2013 was lame with the Superior stuff, and is also itself a big contender for Spider-man's worst year along with 1999 and ASM Vol. 2.

But I have to go with 1995, like the last time there was this thread. The 90's Clone Saga stuff, while slightly compelling at first, just simply got ridiculous after ASM #400. It was also the year the titles all turned to 'Scarlet Spider' for two months, with some really loud and painful pink-colored graffix all over the covers and terrible plots involving cyberspace.

BANNED

1995. Mainly for a combination of it being the nadir of all the clone bs and overexposure of the symbiotes, BUT also for how unbelievably over pushed all that stuff was. That crap was everywhere.

Incredible Member

2007 and 2010, for the erasure / retcon of "certain history"...

Otherwise, I'll say, honestly, 1996, if we're talking "Present Age 616 Spidey comics". Yes, at least in Amazing, can never do wrong with Mark Bagley's art, as he even made Clone Saga relics like Scrier, Judas Traveller, and the Host look awesome. But, as I was watcher of Spidey's Saturday Morning cartoon every Saturday, the Spider-Man, as well as his costume, of the day's comics, did not reflect traditional Spider-Man, Peter Parker.

Yeah, I was still suckered enough to catch every part of Spectacular Spider-Man #237-239, the Lizard story of that year, even though it also had mostly a Lizard that was not the Lizard.

But the confusion of Ben Reilly as Spider-Man in the present age, got me turned off enough for my Spidey diet mostly consisting Untold Tales of Spider-Man instead, featuring a traditional Peter Parker Spider-Man, in traditional Spider-Man costume, fighting traditional bad guys, like Vulture and Electro, with all the stories being single parters, rather than three-seven.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-04-2015 at 10:50 AM.

All-New Member

Not as an year, but Brand New Day as a whole was freaking disgusting.

Astonishing Member

From what I've read, I'd say 2012 was a bust considering it was Spider-Man's 50th Anniversary. The only story I liked from the main title that year was Dying Wish. Isn't that a divisive story?

I'd also say 2014 for the relaunched Amazing Spider-Man. Anticlimatic.

I'd have to go with '95. Amazing was pretty lousy in 2007 (all of it, not just the last few months), but the other two books were pretty good. Damn near everything about '95 sucked, though.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I'd go with 1999, mainly for Chapter One. The Clone Saga, One More Day, and Sins Past are all pretty terrible comics, but you can at least parse out what they were trying to do. Chapter One, on top of being terrible, was completely pointless.

All-New Member

I know mackkies run is terrible and id probably vote for that even though ive never read it. i got out of spider-man fast after final chapter.

They lost me as a reader for good after that shambles. A new creative team comes on and the old plotlines are wrapped up or abandoned(jack o lantern) without any thought to the reader sho invested in them. Granted spider-man is for young adults i stopped reading at 17.

jms run was ok at first but on second read through a little pretentious and up its self. It certainly wasnt groundbreaking and he made PP a total dork something which he never was. I always thought that Parker had an angry arrogant side to him and at times could be a prick. He inadvertantly caused his uncles death due to his arrogance he was never a dork just a little shy.

Also sins past wasnt a bad story just an exaple of a hig profile writer crapping all over the spider-man mythos with his own ideas. So out of charchter for everyone involved and so wrong.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

I vote is 99, I'd go with 2000 if it wasnt for Ultimate.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

2007 (end) - 2008 (complete) were the worst for OMD/BND stuff