Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What happened to the Black Beetle necrologue?

it just dropped out of sight.

I've been wondering the same thing. I LOVED the first mini. This was supposed to come out last October if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully we will get an update soon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Oh right...I had almost forgot...

I will ask at SDCC if we don't get it by then.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Afterlife with Archie happened. It was given an extended run after the massive success of the first couple of issues. combined with Dynamite showering Francavilla with cover comissions, I don't think that he has that much time to work on it. It'll come out when it's finished, i think that he probably has the first couple of issues done.

Also been waiting for this, ans its coming in June apparently

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...2014#more24095

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Also been waiting for this, ans its coming in June apparently

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...2014#more24095

How accurate is comic list? I've seen it posted in a few places that it's coming out on June 25, however it's not listed in previews and in my previews catalogue. It's also no longer on darkhorse's site. No mention of it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    How accurate is comic list? I've seen it posted in a few places that it's coming out on June 25, however it's not listed in previews and in my previews catalogue. It's also no longer on darkhorse's site. No mention of it whatsoever.
    I've found that site to be quite good at keeping up with what publishers announce in terms of release dates, and if delays come up they report it quite quickly. YMMV.

BANNED

yeah, previewsworld now says it's coming 6/25/2014.

looking forward to it, the first mini was fun enough.

Thanks for the update guys. Glad to find out when it's coming out. This really is an amazing new character and I;m looking forward to further stories about him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah I have been wondering what happened to this also glad to see it is still coming back. He really is an amazing artist I wish DC would let him write some batman stories he was posting all kinds of great character designs of batman characters on twitter.

Last I've heard about this was on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/f_francavilla/st...84541699526657

John
    ‏@JohnM_P

@f_francavilla love all things FF, but wondering if theres any necrologue news?

12:19 PM - 16 May 2014
    FrancescoFrancavilla
    ‏@f_francavilla

@JohnM_P Been working on it this week actually Not sure about exact release date yet but soon.

12:22 PM - 16 May 2014

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Well thats good, glad to see he is working on it still.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Loved the first one. Was way too short though. I want more NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

I have no idea how Francesco has any time to work on Black Beetle. If you follow him on twitter, he does a new sketch every day and sells it on his site for like $400-$500 a piece and sells out almost immediately. He's making a killing selling original sketches. People really love his work. I've become a very big fan.

Just checked the links to Previewsworld and comiclist again . . . while comiclist still has it down for June 25th, Previewsworld has changed it to 7/30/2014 for issue #1. (NOTE: Comiclist has issue #2 coming out on 7/30/2014.)