Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Francesco Francavilla addressed the delay at SDCC:

[Necrologue] is going to be the second arc of The Black Beetle. Since I'm doing everything, that's one of the new directions I'm taking myself in this industry, which is to be full creator. So writing, and drawing, and colouring, and possibly lettering at some point. So the whole scripting part, you know, the plotting part, is talking a little longer because I'm still flexing those muscles. But I'm pretty positive it will be coming out this Fall. It's going to be another five issues. It's going to be horror centred. My idea with Black Beetle was to tackle all the genres of those pulp magazines. And so I did the noir with No Way Out. I'm going to do horror with Necrologue, and I'm planning maybe to do sci-fi too at some point.
    You can listen to the full panel here.
    Last edited by middenway; 09-02-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Francesco Francavilla addressed the delay at SDCC:

You can listen to the full panel here.
    Good to hear! I just read No Way Out over the weekend, and I'm looking forward to more Black Beetle!

But the date for when it may finally be out is still not very clear.

On Comiclist's extended forecast, they still have a date of December 31, 2014 for it.

But checking Previewsworld, they have it as "In Shops: 9/16/2015".

Man, its been such a long time with no release for this mini that my LCS simply erased it from their database; I'll have to re-add it to my pull when and if it gets another proper announcement.

Anybody heard anything new (like at least since the start of 2015) on the status of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody heard anything new (like at least since the start of 2015) on the status of this?

Francavilla posted an image of the Black Beetle on his Instagram the other day, but I'm not sure if it's from No Way Out or Necrologue. Is he still doing interiors on Afterlife with Archie?

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

This is the main reason why I hate creators owning their own stuff sometimes, you get some good material and then the creators get caught up doing other things and either abandon their project or don't go back to it for ages. It can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    This is the main reason why I hate creators owning their own stuff sometimes, you get some good material and then the creators get caught up doing other things and either abandon their project or don't go back to it for ages. It can be frustrating.
    Speaking of which, there is/was a Bill Sienkiewicz series at Dynamite that was supposed to be out last year...

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Man, seems like you folks have been waiting a while for Necrologue. For some odd and stupid reason I passed on the first mini. I'll have to track down the back issues during the FCBD weekend.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    Man, seems like you folks have been waiting a while for Necrologue. For some odd and stupid reason I passed on the first mini. I'll have to track down the back issues during the FCBD weekend.
    There is a collected edition.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/23-7...-No-Way-Out-HC

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Cool, it includes the Night Shift issue too! Thanks!

Just ordered the HC through Amazon for $6 bucks!!
    Last edited by Oskar Von Strange; 04-19-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

^ cool, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Still waiting . . . has anybody heard anything further within the past few months?

No, at this point I have given up home on getting more Black Beetle.