Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think its reasonable to expect that it will get collected eventually, but thats another 6-9 months of waiting..?
    Or it could be a case of where it gets collected in a tpb with (eventual) issues of Black Beetle itself, which would mean I won't then want to buy issues of Black Beetle if I'm going to be buying the tpb those issues are in as well. I could be damned if I do / damned if I don't.

So the first issue of Kara Böcek will actually be in Dark Horse Presents #28 in November. This won't be the same as the first eleven pages published on Francavilla's blog in 2009–2010; it's going to be redrawn, reformatted, and completely recoloured. Necrologue will be coming in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or it could be a case of where it gets collected in a tpb with (eventual) issues of Black Beetle itself, which would mean I won't then want to buy issues of Black Beetle if I'm going to be buying the tpb those issues are in as well. I could be damned if I do / damned if I don't.
    Very good point. Honestly this is main reason why I started disliking anthology format.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    So the first issue of Kara Böcek will actually be in Dark Horse Presents #28 in November. This won't be the same as the first eleven pages published on Francavilla's blog in 2009–2010; it's going to be redrawn, reformatted, and completely recoloured. Necrologue will be coming in 2017.
    So it seams that it will have same publishing set up as Night Shift -> No Way Out did. I'm fine with that, but now thinking about it... stuff from Night Shift didn't really have anything to do with No Way Out either, right?

Almost 2017 . . . now we'll have to wait and see if/when anything further gets announced.

Final part of Kara Böcek in Dark Horse Presents is due out in a couple of weeks (issue #31 / February 15, 2017).

Has anybody started hearing if/when this may be getting collected in a single Black Beetle issue or not?

Still nothing I'm aware of on if/when Necrologue will ever be published.

And it looks like The Spirit five issue series Francavilla was doing for Dynamite is also getting delayed. (I have no idea if/when issue #3 for that will actually be published. Previewsworld had a June date last time I checked?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Final part of Kara Böcek in Dark Horse Presents is due out in a couple of weeks (issue #31 / February 15, 2017).

Has anybody started hearing if/when this may be getting collected in a single Black Beetle issue or not?
    It's getting a hardcover collection in September.

Thanks for the update.

13$ sounds a bit expensive for what was, essentially, one issue.

You buy a lot of 56 page single issues?

Good point, for some reason I was thinking about it being closer to 30 pages.

Kara Böcek comes out next week. Necrologue is still on the way. It'll be resolicited when most issues are done.

Kara Böcek comes out next week. Necrologue is still on the way. It'll be resolicited when most issues are done.
    So, does that mean it could still get published before the end of the century?

This past October 23rd marked the four-year anniversary of when the first issue of THE BLACK BEETLE ~ NECROLOGUE was suppose to be available.

The Black Beetle is coming back this October with a brand new mini that promises to scare! The 5-issue arc is titled NECROLOGUE and will introduce new villains.
    Here’s the solicitation text from Dark Horse.

THE BLACK BEETLE ~ NECROLOGUE, #1 of 5
    Written and drawn by Francesco Francavilla
    Lettering by Nate Piekos of BLAMBOT®
    On sale: 10/23/13

Someone’s murdering the citizens of Colt City, and there’s only one man who can stop this killing spree: the Black Beetle!
    But as Black Beetle investigates these grisly murders, questions arise about the masked detective: Is he a daring hero or a reckless vigilante? With a past veiled in the shadow of mystery, Black Beetle takes on a dark mission that will keep you screaming in the thrilling new miniseries Necrologue!
    -Necrologue will keep you screaming!
    -Horror comes to Colt City!
    -From the mind of Eisner Award–winning and New York Times best-selling creator Francesco Francavilla!
    http://theblackbeetle.blogspot.com/2...ue-coming.html