Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I watched the first 4 episodes. I'll never watch another episode. I found it to be drivel.

The Flash is so much better than Gotham for me it's not even close.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It might not mean a lot to a general audience--but it means a lot to me that they remembered Barbara Kean (or maybe they looked it up in an encyclopedia). In THE DARK KNIGHT, Gordon's wife is also called Barbara (played by Melinda McGraw). Audiences might've remembered that Barbara Gordon is supposed to be Gordon's daughter (in some versions anyway) and that's why her mother is called Barbara. Not many probably know about the younger Barbara's paternity issues.

Lorelai Victoria Gilmore, by the way, named her daughter after herself--though Lorelai Leigh Gilmore was more commonly called Rory. I mention that for no good reason, other than to give out some GILMORE GIRLS love.
    This is why I used "mainstream" and avoided absolute statements.
    Not Peter David.

I love it. Originally I HATED the idea and didn't even see any trailers or anything. It keeps getting better.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

My big problem with GOTHAM is that it has no right to do as dumb as it is. It has a great cast and a decent budget, with years and years of material to draw from. It has a pretty decent concept behind it too.

It's just wretched writing.

The first season should all been the set up and introduction to the waynes as a whole family showing the love and father advice, mother touch, leslie as friend of thomas, alfred in back ground. Gordon and the slow intro of corruption. then BAM season end, waynes get shot, Then the second season opener, find the cave, with a Bruce much more upset and driven, as we would be if we connected to the family and really felt the loss. Then second season, he leaves, third season all bruceless as he is learning and then 4th season time jump with him pre teen running around like a nightwing type before he dons the true cowl and then boom a 4 season success wrapped tightly and gives Krypton hope when it airs....

BANNED

Perhaps the problem for some of those who don't like it is that it has a kind of "uncanny valley" quality to it. It looks like a realistic crime procedural/street crime type show. However, it is still set in a world where a guy will one day dress as a bat and fight criminals like Joker and Catwoman etc.

Maybe that's why when outlandish things happen like an entire police precinct abandoning ship happen it seems so odd, but this is not intended to be a realistic show.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE it.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

I need to catch up, but that has been hard because I've lost interest. It was too unfocused. Conceptually this show is brilliant. The GCPD needs to be the focus and the villains need to remain only vaguely a reminder or what they will become. Bruce should be a rare cameo. The production value seems high but sloppy ala Joel S.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Perhaps the problem for some of those who don't like it is that it has a kind of "uncanny valley" quality to it. It looks like a realistic crime procedural/street crime type show. However, it is still set in a world where a guy will one day dress as a bat and fight criminals like Joker and Catwoman etc.

Maybe that's why when outlandish things happen like an entire police precinct abandoning ship happen it seems so odd, but this is not intended to be a realistic show.
    Otherwise outdoor scenes might actually be filmed outdoors instead of green screened. Or so the "Sucker Punch" quality leads me to believe.

Strangely fitting, though. Makes for just the right amount of Batman camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp that some shows have a rough start, but aren't incapable of becoming good.
    Right. The first season of Smallville seemed more about K-monsters than Clark. I could easily have missed out by dropping it too soon. Of course the final couple of seasons weren't so great. Once Rosenbaum stopped playing Lex, the show really went downhill. But it was pretty killer for awhile there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly drawn hero View Post
    Otherwise outdoor scenes might actually be filmed outdoors instead of green screened. Or so the "Sucker Punch" quality leads me to believe.
    It's all shot in NYC. I've recognized parts of Midtown, Chinatown, Brooklyn, and Astoria. They do composite in some CGI buildings to make it look...less like NYC, though.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    It's all shot in NYC. I've recognized parts of Midtown, Chinatown, Brooklyn, and Astoria. They do composite in some CGI buildings to make it look...less like NYC, though.
    And probably the CG look is intentional then. To give it all that unreal sense. They seem to play with the color balance a bit too.

I'm still in doubts. While I love the idea, I still can't get used to the young Selina etc running around. The highlights of the series are the Penguin and the younger Bruce. But I agree, I started to watch the Flash (only watched 2 episodes) but it feels so much better overall. The acting, the surroundings, everything just feels better.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly drawn hero View Post
    And probably the CG look is intentional then. To give it all that unreal sense. They seem to play with the color balance a bit too.
    Yes. They're trying to make Gotham look like a dreary, miserable place to be in.

I've been watching and while the most recent episode was better, it's still the weakest of the shows by far. I was able to still enjoy the first few episodes of AOS (before it got really good with the hydra stuff) but Gotham is really poor for many reasons. Fish Mooney is the main reason though because of the awful dialogue and hammy overacting and if they got rid of her, then the show would improve. The show seems really indecisive on many things. They are bringing in Harvey Dent soon and I worry the scenes will be like "Harvey, you are being so... two faced... *wink* *nudge*" ¬_¬

I hope it improves and I'm still watching it, but Arrow, Flash, AOS and Constantine are all much better.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Incredible Member

Ive skipped out on the last two episodes because I'm watching 2 Broke Girls and so I'm missing the first half of Gotham, of course I can just DVR Gotham and watch later but then that would mean that I actually care for the show.