Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why isn't she showing up in Superman? Is what I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Ha ha. I'd love to disagree (she got disintegrated, and had an epic death at that), but it's hard to do so when her consort for that arc, Massacre, was killed off in a previous story, we saw it happen and his resurrection story was basically "I got better". It was perfectly possible for some future writer to explain that she was teleported to safety against her will or something.
    Teleportation is one of her powers.

Moreover, we never saw her get disintegrated. There was only a wide shot panel showing her ship getting destroyed in OWAW. And even if we did see her get disintegrated, that's iffy because she's known for using decoys.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The Superman books aren't using a lot of their older characters, or using them much, they're trying out new faces. Supes is going with Wondy, lots less Lois. The friendly scientist is Shay Veritas rather than Professor Hamilton. Not much Jimmy Olsen or Perry White, just an occasional glimpse. Bibbo, Hank Henshaw, Winslow Schott, John Corben, Ron Troupe, and so forth aren't getting much if any panel time. The Superman books have gone a different direction.

I'm pretty sure if the Superman writers had even an inkling of using her at some point this would have been vetoed. I think it's a good thing, particularly in a book that looks like it's putting together a new direction and is looking to add continuing characters.

BANNED

not much, I'm more excited about the new creative team and concept at supergirl. Since she is on it...

Glad that they went on a different direction for maxima, closer to the supergirl age

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I am. But I hope that they give her deeper/more complex motivations than "I want to bang Superman/members of his family" this time around.
    where is my superman t-shirt...

jk
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-05-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'm wondering if they'll go the "frenemies" route with her and Kara?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeswithoutaface View Post

Moreover, we never saw her get disintegrated. There was only a wide shot panel showing her ship getting destroyed in OWAW. And even if we did see her get disintegrated, that's iffy because she's known for using decoys.
    I thought that she could make them at will but I saw her inside some machine thing forming one of her infamous doubles.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She'll probably show up later if she learns they're more kryptonians. Either that or she'll go after the other one.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The point is she nobly sacrificed herself for her empire. She would not have teleported herself away, it was her last stand. She was never a coward, she genuinely went into that expecting to die, even telling her crew to abandon the ship.

To revive her saying he fled/used a decoy would destroy the character, removing all pride and nobility from her.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The point is she nobly sacrificed herself for her empire. She would not have teleported herself away, it was her last stand. She was never a coward, she genuinely went into that expecting to die, even telling her crew to abandon the ship.

To revive her saying he fled/used a decoy would destroy the character, removing all pride and nobility from her.

What if Ultraa saved her? (just a hunch since he's also a scion of the blood Royale, which means he could have had the same powerset as hers)
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

She's not a coward, but she's also a cunning ruler of an empire. Imagine if Stalin, Yeltsin, or Hitler had Maxima's ability to create decoys.

She's not a coward, but she's also a cunning ruler of an empire. Imagine if Stalin, Yeltsin, or Hitler had Maxima's ability to create decoys.
    *shudders* I think we have like 10 days to go now, I'm curious about her new 52 design since I didn't see any in the preview pages of Supergirl #36
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡