Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Hulk #8 Spoilers

Just thought I'd get this ready for this Wednesday.

Will Betty/Red She-Hulk be depowered?

Will we learn more about Doc Green's motives?

Will we finally learn who shot Banner?

Hopefully we'll find out this and more.

HULK #8

AN “OMEGA HULK” SHOCKER!!!

• It’s RED SHE HULK’S turn to be needled by DOC GREEN.

• Doc Green visits an old friend. Wait -- he has friends!?

• Plus, you didn’t think we forgot about WHO SHOT BANNER?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

To prevent any leaks that may spoil the issue before the release on Wednesday, this thread will be closed and will re-open on Wednesday, 9AM EDT.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well, there goes half of my interest in anything to do with any Hulks. It's bad enough that they have hardly used Betty since her solo ended, but this is such a crappy thing to do to her.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Well, there goes half of my interest in anything to do with any Hulks. It's bad enough that they have hardly used Betty since her solo ended, but this is such a crappy thing to do to her.
    Especially considering how anti-climactic this whole issue feels. You would expect a cool fight between her and Doc Green; a big epic one at least. However, she's completely punked out by Rick Jones spiking her food and curing her (I thought they had to be injected or something)! What the hell?! It's like the writer wanted to rush through this shot in the head plotline and Betty's story all in one.

Also, I'm not as familiar with Rick as others are, but having read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk run... Rick seems to be accepting this depowering thing WAY too much. I'm working on a review for this issue and I need some clarification. Has Rick ever been upset about being A-Bomb or wanting to depower himself in the past or recently?

so how many Hulks are left?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Red Hulk, She-Hulk, and Lyra. For the love of God, please handle these last three characters with some dignity to them. I want to see a huge, all out brawl with Red Hulk and battle of wits between She-Hulk. Plus, if She-Hulk is somehow depowered, she better not automatically accept it because that would seem way out of character for her (especially after reading her solo books).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Still too many.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Especially considering how anti-climactic this whole issue feels. You would expect a cool fight between her and Doc Green; a big epic one at least. However, she's completely punked out by Rick Jones spiking her food and curing her (I thought they had to be injected or something)! What the hell?! It's like the writer wanted to rush through this shot in the head plotline and Betty's story all in one.

Also, I'm not as familiar with Rick as others are, but having read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk run... Rick seems to be accepting this depowering thing WAY too much. I'm working on a review for this issue and I need some clarification. Has Rick ever been upset about being A-Bomb or wanting to depower himself in the past or recently?
    Wow, that is kind of sad and it makes me wonder if this is a good thing or a big mistake that will bite back Doc Greene ?

Yes. It's definitely a let down. It's a load of rubbish either way, but if Betty had gone full Hulk and gone toe to toe with Doc Green, and at least been depowered while fighting and holding her own against him, it would have had a crap ending instead of just being junk. And the story even hammers home that Betty has untapped potential that Marvel hasn't been using, by having her still working to save the world behind the scene.

Anti-climatic endings are terrible IMO. They gave us 2-3 pages in each de-powerment but it just feels like it went so fast and poof.

Rick loved being one of the strongest there is. He sounds like he's being manipulated and very out-of-character. Duggan says that #9 will reveal more, but so far this story has just been for the Hulk Haters.

Extraordinary Member

It seems like Doc Green must be putting Prozac or something in his Gamma cure.

Rick, Skarr and Betty got over being depowered way too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Anti-climatic endings are terrible IMO. They gave us 2-3 pages in each de-powerment but it just feels like it went so fast and poof.

Rick loved being one of the strongest there is. He sounds like he's being manipulated and very out-of-character. Duggan says that #9 will reveal more, but so far this story has just been for the Hulk Haters.

Really? I'm surprised. Even if you don't love what happened to the character, isn't it fun to see these toys being played with? Betty is definitely a toy that was showing some most wear and tear, but I've tried to honor all the story that came before, even the contradictory or difficult pieces.

To those of you that want to see bigger fights - I wish I had 30 pages. I will say without hyperbole that the back end of 9 and then continuing into 10, 11 -- is almost non-stop action, including round one of Red Hulk, plus a guest star from a couple of lawyers, and Doc Green hasn't forgotten about Lyra...