Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Hulk #8 Spoilers

Just thought I'd get this ready for this Wednesday.

Will Betty/Red She-Hulk be depowered?

Will we learn more about Doc Green's motives?

Will we finally learn who shot Banner?

Hopefully we'll find out this and more.

HULK #8

AN “OMEGA HULK” SHOCKER!!!

• It’s RED SHE HULK’S turn to be needled by DOC GREEN.

• Doc Green visits an old friend. Wait -- he has friends!?

• Plus, you didn’t think we forgot about WHO SHOT BANNER?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

To prevent any leaks that may spoil the issue before the release on Wednesday, this thread will be closed and will re-open on Wednesday, 9AM EDT.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well, there goes half of my interest in anything to do with any Hulks. It's bad enough that they have hardly used Betty since her solo ended, but this is such a crappy thing to do to her.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Well, there goes half of my interest in anything to do with any Hulks. It's bad enough that they have hardly used Betty since her solo ended, but this is such a crappy thing to do to her.
    Especially considering how anti-climactic this whole issue feels. You would expect a cool fight between her and Doc Green; a big epic one at least. However, she's completely punked out by Rick Jones spiking her food and curing her (I thought they had to be injected or something)! What the hell?! It's like the writer wanted to rush through this shot in the head plotline and Betty's story all in one.

Also, I'm not as familiar with Rick as others are, but having read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk run... Rick seems to be accepting this depowering thing WAY too much. I'm working on a review for this issue and I need some clarification. Has Rick ever been upset about being A-Bomb or wanting to depower himself in the past or recently?

so how many Hulks are left?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Especially considering how anti-climactic this whole issue feels. You would expect a cool fight between her and Doc Green; a big epic one at least. However, she's completely punked out by Rick Jones spiking her food and curing her (I thought they had to be injected or something)! What the hell?! It's like the writer wanted to rush through this shot in the head plotline and Betty's story all in one.

Also, I'm not as familiar with Rick as others are, but having read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk run... Rick seems to be accepting this depowering thing WAY too much. I'm working on a review for this issue and I need some clarification. Has Rick ever been upset about being A-Bomb or wanting to depower himself in the past or recently?
    Wow, that is kind of sad and it makes me wonder if this is a good thing or a big mistake that will bite back Doc Greene ?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Yes. It's definitely a let down. It's a load of rubbish either way, but if Betty had gone full Hulk and gone toe to toe with Doc Green, and at least been depowered while fighting and holding her own against him, it would have had a crap ending instead of just being junk. And the story even hammers home that Betty has untapped potential that Marvel hasn't been using, by having her still working to save the world behind the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Red Hulk, She-Hulk, and Lyra. For the love of God, please handle these last three characters with some dignity to them. I want to see a huge, all out brawl with Red Hulk and battle of wits between She-Hulk. Plus, if She-Hulk is somehow depowered, she better not automatically accept it because that would seem way out of character for her (especially after reading her solo books).

Anybody got detailed spoilers?

I still say this is building towards Secret Wars. Doc Green has seen the future and knows the war is coming, so he's depowering his friends so they won't be harmed in the war. He's doing it under the guise of selfishness because he knows they'd otherwise be too willing to fight with him against the Beyonder or whatever. (Heck, She-Hulk was badly hurt in the original SW.)

You know... something hit me when rereading scenes from this issue. Are we one hundred sure that Doc Green's formula will actually depower the Hulk Family? You ask that because of the between the characterization and this particular line:
    You wrote twice as much code as you need in your "Gamma Cure." What else have you programmed into the nanites that you are shooting into the Hulks?
    What if the cure... is only temporary or work the way it is suppose to? It can pacify and stop them from Hulking out for a while, which is why they depower. However, what if the cure loses effect over time inside their bodies? In order to stop that Doc Green coded the nanites with more code to pacify and make the depowered Hulks more accepting, calm, or willing to go with what he says. The nanites prevent them from get overly angry in the future, so that they don't end up reHulking (now there's a word)?

It's just a theory, but I'm hoping that's the case (it be better be).

BANNED

Another great issue in one of the best Hulk stories ever - definitely one of the very best in recent years. I liked the twist of Betty being dosed with the antidote prior to the fight. It made for a good change of pace and showed Doc Green's use of strategy over simply relying on his strength. As for those who wanted a bigger fight, that seems to be a common complaint with this storyline but, really, how boring would it be to waste page after page in an extended brawl with each and every Hulk? We've been getting some good fights but it's unreasonable to expect every battle - whether it be with Rick, Skaar, Betty, or anyone else - to sprawl its way over the course of a full issue or more. Within 20 pages a story still has to be told and a fight can only take up so much space.

As for Rick being accepting of his cure, it's possible that it will be revealed that Doc Green has put something in the nanites in the formula to make the recipients more docile and accepting of their new condition. Who knows, we could find out that Doc Green is not curing anybody but rather seeking to control when and where they transform. Or maybe Doc Green really is looking to be the last Hulk standing. Whatever way it goes, the story ain't over yet.

And I love the last page where Doc Green hulks out, looking for something to break, and simply snaps a pencil in two. Brilliant!
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 11-05-2014 at 11:17 AM.

So this is the end of Red She-Hulk? The character the brought me back into comics after a long absence. I'm not buying the hulk book, but was following the story so far. I had hoped they'd let betty be one of the non "cured" hulks, but oh well. Just a waste of a great character. Ofcourse, comics, so no doubt these characters could be restored in the future should this or some other writer decide to do so, but I would have hoped for a better "end" for Red She-Hulk.

Betty is one of the most mangled characters in the Hulk family. she's been through literally just about everything you can imagine from thinking her father was dead several times to losing a baby, becoming a Hulk (and Harpy) and everything in-between. i'm not sure how to feel about this issue. i don't hate it. i want to see where this is going. i just hope Betty's role isn't over in this story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Still too many.

Yeah pretty sure the nanites are mind-controlling the depowered Hulks.