Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Is Lyra even going ot get an issue? Seeing how Kitty Pryde is the next issue...they might jut make her a minor defeat...

I really think they're doing this so that they can just keep One Hulk now...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Is Lyra even going ot get an issue? Seeing how Kitty Pryde is the next issue...they might jut make her a minor defeat...

I really think they're doing this so that they can just keep One Hulk now...
    Well the Hulk does have that on-going lonely factor in his character. SO I can see this is where the arc is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Especially considering how anti-climactic this whole issue feels. You would expect a cool fight between her and Doc Green; a big epic one at least. However, she's completely punked out by Rick Jones spiking her food and curing her (I thought they had to be injected or something)! What the hell?! It's like the writer wanted to rush through this shot in the head plotline and Betty's story all in one.
    Anti-climatic endings are terrible IMO. They gave us 2-3 pages in each de-powerment but it just feels like it went so fast and poof.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Also, I'm not as familiar with Rick as others are, but having read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk run... Rick seems to be accepting this depowering thing WAY too much. I'm working on a review for this issue and I need some clarification. Has Rick ever been upset about being A-Bomb or wanting to depower himself in the past or recently?
    Rick loved being one of the strongest there is. He sounds like he's being manipulated and very out-of-character. Duggan says that #9 will reveal more, but so far this story has just been for the Hulk Haters.

Extraordinary Member

It seems like Doc Green must be putting Prozac or something in his Gamma cure.

Rick, Skarr and Betty got over being depowered way too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Betty is one of the most mangled characters in the Hulk family. she's been through literally just about everything you can imagine from thinking her father was dead several times to losing a baby, becoming a Hulk (and Harpy) and everything in-between. i'm not sure how to feel about this issue. i don't hate it. i want to see where this is going. i just hope Betty's role isn't over in this story.
    Betty will be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

What would they do? The physical conflict is over at that point. Many of you have interesting questions and thoughts. I wonder what you will think about this story when the end of issue 9 comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Skaar less so than the others.

Nobody seems to be commenting on the fact that Betty/Shrulk was behind the attempt on Bruce/Hulk's life. Honestly I'm surprised at her, she should have known better.

You can't kill the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Skaar less so than the others.

Nobody seems to be commenting on the fact that Betty/Shrulk was behind the attempt on Bruce/Hulk's life. Honestly I'm surprised at her, she should have known better.

You can't kill the Hulk.
    She gave it a good go. It wasn't easy for her to do, but something Bruce was going to be up to was going to trigger an extinction level event.

Will Lyra be involved in this arc?

betty tried to have bruce killed screw her she got what was coming to her and that was karma. Plus this continues to be one the best things the hulk has done since pak's run making me forget the crap that aaron and waid did

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    She gave it a good go. It wasn't easy for her to do, but something Bruce was going to be up to was going to trigger an extinction level event.
    Maestro? Worldbreaker? The Planet Hulk Secret Wars thingy inexplicably starring Captain America?

I suppose we'll find out what would have happened at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Anti-climatic endings are terrible IMO. They gave us 2-3 pages in each de-powerment but it just feels like it went so fast and poof.

Rick loved being one of the strongest there is. He sounds like he's being manipulated and very out-of-character. Duggan says that #9 will reveal more, but so far this story has just been for the Hulk Haters.

Really? I'm surprised. Even if you don't love what happened to the character, isn't it fun to see these toys being played with? Betty is definitely a toy that was showing some most wear and tear, but I've tried to honor all the story that came before, even the contradictory or difficult pieces.

To those of you that want to see bigger fights - I wish I had 30 pages. I will say without hyperbole that the back end of 9 and then continuing into 10, 11 -- is almost non-stop action, including round one of Red Hulk, plus a guest star from a couple of lawyers, and Doc Green hasn't forgotten about Lyra...

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Maestro? Worldbreaker? The Planet Hulk Secret Wars thingy inexplicably starring Captain America?

I suppose we'll find out what would have happened at some point?

Maybe. Maybe not. Doc Green points out that because Banner isn't driving, the mistake or event that happens that would have been armageddon never happened. Bruce Banner is back next issue, perhaps his return will clarify matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Will Lyra be involved in this arc?

Most definitely. Doc Green has a special plan for her.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    Most definitely. Doc Green has a special plan for her.
    Sounds intimidating